DVDVR Message Board

[SPOILERS] RDR2 Post Single Player Discussion

RIPPA

21 minutes ago, RUkered said:

I don't remember which of you mentioned the "killing the cougar with a bow" challenge, but it reminded me of the one from the first game. Killing a cougar with a knife.

I'm saving my Dynamite Arrow for that.   Fuck the pelt. lol

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I still have not done the first hunting quest because I can never get perfect squirrel and rabbit carcasses, even using smalle game arrows.

but I don’t want to waste the time just walking around on foot hunting for them. 

BTW - regarding that one. Just to make it more annoying - they have to be done at the same time.

I happened to get a perfect carcass from one of them and I was right at one of the train stations - so I went over to mail it and I couldn't.

So I looked online and you have to mail both at the same time - which means you have to be in an area where both spawn, get two perfect carcasses and then get to a post office before they spoil

And yeah - I think I might be taking a break from the game for a bit so I can play other stuff.

9 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Once I finish the cigarette cards and bones, I may take a break. I think my dream catcher count is only 3 of 20 so far. And I am still only the first orchid challenge. 

Yeah - I haven't completed any hunting or exotic challenges

Funnily - the Dreamcatchers aren't that bad - I think I have 15 or 16. Almost all of them are right next to a road that I would have normally been travelling on anyway.

Again - I am using the interactive map to find everything

So at 4/5 cougars killed with a bow and arrow, I realized I had the Legendary Cougar still available. One dynamite arrow to homey's head later and I'm finally done with the challenge and all but the last Legendary beast!

I was roaming around on the islands west of Rhodes (getting the pirate hat, mainly, although I also found a green iguana there) and decided to camp for the night.

funny thing is that when I woke up in the morning, I was now back on the mainland. 

I still annoyingly have not found a boat (in free roam) where I can fish. Sadly, fishing off a docked boat in places like Annesburg or St Denis do not count toward the challenge I’m doing. 

That challenge is waiting for me as well, but I'm working on the bait/kill an herbavor/kill a predator hunting challenge. Herbavor was easy, predator? Not so much... Plus I'm trying to tie it in with acquiring a perfect panther pelt (plus I need to study both types of that cat). 

It'd be nice if panthers, moose, and gila monsters weren't so damn rare. Meanwhile I'm up to my eyeballs in rabbits and pronghorns.

My goal this week is to finish the cigarette cards.  I'm down to 12 cards and 4 sets to go. 

Annoyingly, I did the "shoot birds from a train" yesterday but only got credit for 4 of the 5. And a $110 bounty to boot. 

Yeah I have been avoiding that one. I got the 7th hunting challenge down, then 8 and 9 are stupid easy. Got murdered by the legendary panther once but an explosive shotgun blast to the head took care of him the second time.

I actually finished the cigarette cards via the buying tons at stores method.

Oddly, I've spent more time lately watching YouTube videos of people playing than playing myself, mainly since they are playing as wild and wooly heels, not relatively straight laced babyface like I usually play. 

I still have a bunch of weird stranger type things to do (people in trees, etc) but since I've seen the videos, I dont feel the need to do it this time through. 

Looked in Blackwater, but did not see a usable boat. 

Ihave seen folks out in the water with boats, but since I’m John, I can’t swim out to get them.

edit: found a boat in Annesburg. But I couldn’t fish from it. And I guess it was stolen, because when I rowed backtoshore, I had a ton of lawmen shooting at me.

i finished my cards. Now I never have to buy premium cigarettes again. :) 

12 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Not surprising, but heard today that Arthur and John write different things in the journal depending on when you do stuff. I guess that makes for story stuff. 

Well in case you didn't know - Arthur writes different stuff depending on his honor level

If I remember correctly - the higher the honor the more "intellectual" (for lack of a better word) the writings are

Finished Rock Carvings. And a couple challenges. Just over 90 % now.

finally got my Honor level to a decent amount. It really jumped after meeting Rain Falls in Annesburg.

i think the last 2 Evelyn Miller missions will finish off my Stranger stuff. 

Stuck on day shift for 2 weeks, so not sure I will play again until the weekend.

• Like 1