DVDVR Message Board

[SPOILERS] RDR2 Post Single Player Discussion

RIPPA

This was a new one for me. Riding between Annesburg and Van Horn, I heard a stranger yelling for help. Came upon a tent with someone yelling they had the Pox. When I opened the tent, it was a Murfree Brood trap. Blam blam. 

Also traded in my third card set but had to ride all the way to tumbleweed for it. But I started the Lobo Bounty missions. 

I realized today while I have found/done parts of all the weird bits, I still havent run across any of the Viking stuff yet.

turned in more cards and did a couple more legendary kills. Looking at some of the bonuses, I really should have done more of these earlier in the game.

i also finallygot the letter at the grays mansion. I was never good enough with dead eye earlier to deal with all the people there.also, this time, I did not get a wanted level. 

Powered through doing all the rock carvings. 

Annoyingly, i had a guy riding by right when I was shooting a rabbit with my bow and ended up getting a disturbing the peace bounty.

and while at the top of the mountain, got micah’s Revolver and the frozen helmet. 

Finished a handful of days ago and I've been trying to get used to John again before posting about it. I get some people's complaints about the epilogue but to me, overall it felt like coming home - traversing familiar territory, seeing Beechers Hope become a reality, John putting on his famous default outfit, and fucking Uncle being Uncle. I also really like how they brought Charles and Sadie in and give them respectable send-offs.

Overall I dug it and now it's time to get 100% and then some. Haven't touched the legendary fish yet, currently concentrating on legendary animals and the associated clothing/trinkets. Got a bunch of card sets using the general store method, also an excuse to see how Pearson is doing. Also went to send off Tilly and Rains Falls and checking in on the graves I happen to be near, making a point to visit Arthur's. 

Up until even recently I would still boot up Red Dead 1 just to go messing around and now I have that again, all the more beautiful and without goddamn Jack to control so that's a HUGE win here...

Except for Rains Falls - I think I have visited everyone. I’ve only got one grave so far. Wasn’t prepared to have to fight my way into every old camp (though I should have been)

In a weird spot between wanting to explore New Austin but also wanting to tie up loose ends everywhere else 

Not to mention the fucking chores at home

12 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Yeah any "consumables" vanished...

I did all the chores at home once hoping maybe it was tied to some quirky trophy/achievement? Never again.

Even doing chores, i cant seem to get johns honor very much out of the middle. 

Don't bother, I had him close to being maxed out and I only did the chores once. I actually got quite be positive karma bonus from visiting Rains Fall, not sure if the same happened with Tilly but I think so, and otherwise I just say howdy to pretty much everybody and try to play like a good cowboy. The only thing that's keeping me from maxed out right now is trying to finish up the trapper and his garment sets, since a few of those pieces require stuff like cow and sheep hides and there's no way of getting those without killing somebody's animals. 

then again I still have to do the bandit challenges and I'm sure that'll kill my Honor pretty quickly.

24 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

then again I still have to do the bandit challenges and I'm sure that'll kill my Honor pretty quickly.

Depends

Like I did the robbing stage/wagons challenge and got a holdup via one of the station clerks - I got no negative karma for robbing it nor did I get any negative karma for killing the guys defending it.

Can't say it will do that for all of them since I haven't done them all yet

• Like 1

I finished yesterday.  I'm instantly looking forward to replaying it with honor as low as humanly possible.   That way I don't have to worry about silly things like which stagecoaches are okay to rob and if it's okay to get rid of a pursuer by shooting their horse.  

that and there are a number of side missions in chapter 6 that you will not get with low honor. 

I guess I'm weird in that I have no desire to go back and play through like that. I will not sully my memory of the king of a man that Arthur is.

Oh yeah that makes sense, I lucked out in the fact that apparently I didn't miss anything to get either one hundred percent completion or better. Part of that was being willing to look up certain things and bracing myself for spoilers, although I always figured it was a given that pretty much anyone that wasn't in the first Red Dead Redemption wasn't going to make it through this one. Damn prequel logic...

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I finished yesterday.  I'm instantly looking forward to replaying it with honor as low as humanly possible.   That way I don't have to worry about silly things like which stagecoaches are okay to rob and if it's okay to get rid of a pursuer by shooting their horse.  

I hope you have better luck than me. That was my plan on the second run and I haven't been able to keep mine lower than the middle.

I can't help but pocket the "good option" when presented with a choice, but I have no problems shooting up towns other than the expensive bounties. Apparently my in-game morals are strange.

If I can get my honor low enough and the game still gives me the option, I'm gonna have a really hard time choosing the money over helping John at the end, but I want to see the different ending.

• Like 1