DVDVR Message Board

SDL Is Joe Is Money, Not Mella - 7/31/18

Curt McGirt

The general rule of women in NXT is if they were booked strong and your name doesn't end with Flair you are either going to be made to look like an idiot or re-invented to make it seem like NXT doesn't exist.  if you floated not really pushed then you are in good shape.  So people like Shayna and Kairi Sane are screwed while people like Lacey Evans and Vanessa Borne will be fine on the main roster.

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

The general rule of women in NXT is if they were booked strong and your name doesn't end with Flair you are either going to be made to look like an idiot or re-invented to make it seem like NXT doesn't exist.  if you floated not really pushed then you are in good shape.  So people like Shayna and Kairi Sane are screwed while people like Lacey Evans and Vanessa Borne will be fine on the main roster.

Well, they do say if Vince doesn't make you, then he will destroy you and (in theory) build you back up.  Though given these are people who are in his company, you wouldn't think that would be an issue.  You WOULDN'T.  But here we are.

16 hours ago, hammerva said:

I wouldn't be so sure about Shayna. She has the Ronda connection which will surely help her on the main roster.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RIShane said:

I wouldn't be so sure about Shayna. She has the Ronda connection which will surely help her on the main roster.

Asuka, seemingly being one of HHH's favorites hasn't her any favors. 

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Asuka, seemingly one of HHH's favorites has done her no favors. 

There's no chance HHH would split at the drop of a hat. Rousey might, especially if she felt like she wasn't being treated right. Vince bent over backwards to please mainstream star Brock. I suspect he'll do the same for Rhonda.

Fat fucking chances aside I was just trying to come up with a worthwhile way to end Carmella's reign. Anybody (that's already established) who needs multiple chances to win the title from her looks weak. What better way for Shayna to separate herself from generic face/heel bullshit distinctions than come in and crush the aggravating cartoon character champion? Have her sideline Ellsworth permanently too. Carmella might as well pin Ellsworth (disguised as Becky) at Summerslam as a callback to shitty Flair and Horseman angles.