DVDVR Message Board

Start 'em or Sit 'em

BrianS81177

Not start/sit, but rather advice on a trade is needed. On one of my teams, I am completely fucked for running backs. I've been starting MJD and Montee Ball and have literally nothing else. So I've been offered Lamar Miller/Vincent Jackson for Montee Ball/Demaryius Thomas. Miller hasn't really set the world on fire yet, but he is clearly the number 1 in Miami as Daniel Thomas is pretty shitty and is young. That's the other thing, this is a dynasty league, so any trade would affect my team in future seasons, not just this year. I am pretty loathe to trade Thomas, but am pretty happy with my WR depth and VJax isn't a terrible add, even if the Bucs suck the balls this year. I'm leaning towards doing it as Montee Ball is looking like another Wisconsin rb bust and even if he isn't, he's playing for a John Fox team, so he can look forward to splitting carries with 2 other backs for the rest of his career.

Anyway...yay/nay?

Jackson's value could go up next year when the Bucs get a QB they actually want and release/trade/murder Josh Freeman. I'm not wild about Miller though. Maybe counter offer? What other backs do they have?

PPR league. Return yards do not count for individual players. Who do I start in my RB/WR flex spot:

Ray Rice vs Bills

Rashard Mendenhall vs Bucs

Tavon Austin vs 49ers

Eddie Royal vs Cowboys

If Rice 100% then he starts if not then Royal is the guy.

Doug Martin (who he won't move) and Stevan Ridley (who I don't want). I have an offer from another team for Demarco Murray and Corderelle Patterson (although I could probably talk him in DeAndre Hopkins instead) for Ball/Thomas.

If you can get him to offer Hopkins and Murray for Ball/Thomas then I would accept that trade in a heartbeat.

PPR league. Return yards do not count for individual players. Who do I start in my RB/WR flex spot:

Ray Rice vs Bills

Rashard Mendenhall vs Bucs

Tavon Austin vs 49ers

Eddie Royal vs Cowboys

If Rice 100% then he starts if not then Royal is the guy.

Doug Martin (who he won't move) and Stevan Ridley (who I don't want). I have an offer from another team for Demarco Murray and Corderelle Patterson (although I could probably talk him in DeAndre Hopkins instead) for Ball/Thomas.

If you can get him to offer Hopkins and Murray for Ball/Thomas then I would accept that trade in a heartbeat.

As would I

Couldn't get Hopkins, but went with Demarco/Corderalle/1st rounder for Demaryius/2nd. While I am not completely sold on Patterson, I think I can dangle him. Not giving up a rb was huge too. Ball may not have set the world on fire, but fuck it, one injury to knowshown and he's set.

Alright some questions duders.

1st League, need 2 starters out of the following: Torrey Smith (@Buf), Eric Decker (Phi), Cecil Shorts (Ind), Jacquizz Rodgers (NE).

Thinking Decker and Torrey. Neither has set the world on fire yet, but I like the opponents. Riding Jacquizz while he and Snelling are being given a chance is strangely tempting tho.

2nd League, I'm sticking with Dalton (Cle) as my bye week starter (Rodgers is my usual starter), but man is it tempting to roll the dice on Mike Glennon (Ari).

3rd League, same as last week. Still hobbled Larry Fitzgerald (@TB) or TY Hilton (@JAC). Think of sticking with Fitty, but I always feel like TY is about to make that leap.

Thanks for any advice.

Okay, so my lineup this week is:

QB: Michael Vick

WR: DeSean Jackson, Cordarrelle Patterson (It should be noted that return yards count in this league, which is why I picked Patterson up)

RB: Marshawn Lynch, Trent Richardson

TE: Vernon Davis

Flex: Rob Gronkowski

My bench consists of: Joique Bell, Giovani Bernard, Greg Jennings, and Andy Dalton (I also have Randall Cobb, but he's on a bye)

Question 1: Is there anybody on my bench that I should be starting?

Question 2: I'm looking to get rid of Greg Jennings, as he hasn't really done anything this year so far. The WRs I'm looking at on the wire are Denarius Moore, Donnie Avery, and Leonard Hankerson. Ted Ginn Jr. is also available, but the Panthers are on a bye week. So, who should I pick up in place of Jennings?

1st League, need 2 starters out of the following: Torrey Smith (@Buf), Eric Decker (Phi), Cecil Shorts (Ind), Jacquizz Rodgers (NE).

Thinking Decker and Torrey. Neither has set the world on fire yet, but I like the opponents. Riding Jacquizz while he and Snelling are being given a chance is strangely tempting tho.

2nd League, I'm sticking with Dalton (Cle) as my bye week starter (Rodgers is my usual starter), but man is it tempting to roll the dice on Mike Glennon (Ari).

3rd League, same as last week. Still hobbled Larry Fitzgerald (@TB) or TY Hilton (@JAC). Think of sticking with Fitty, but I always feel like TY is about to make that leap.

Thanks for any advice.

test

WR: DeSean Jackson, Cordarrelle Patterson (It should be noted that return yards count in this league, which is why I picked Patterson up)

My bench consists of: Joique Bell, Giovani Bernard, Greg Jennings, and Andy Dalton (I also have Randall Cobb, but he's on a bye)

Question 2: I'm looking to get rid of Greg Jennings, as he hasn't really done anything this year so far. The WRs I'm looking at on the wire are Denarius Moore, Donnie Avery, and Leonard Hankerson. Ted Ginn Jr. is also available, but the Panthers are on a bye week. So, who should I pick up in place of Jennings?

Thanks for any advice.

Decker and Torrey. I would stick with Dalton. Fitz as well over TY.  

Joique Bell in place of Gronk if Gronk can't play and Bush is ruled out or limited in the game. Donnie Avery pick up in place of Greg Jennings.

Thanks for any advice.

1st league Torrey and Decker. 2nd League Red Rifle because we have no idea what Glennon will do. 3rd league Revis will be covering Fitz and the Jags got a lot of issues on defense.

Got two teams. . .one question on each of them

Team 1 - Need two of these four receivers. . .

Tavon Austin vs. Jacksonville

Denarius Moore vs. San Diego

Steve Smith vs. Arizona (he'd normally be an automatic, but I'm guessing he sees a lot of Patrick Peterson this week)

Brian Hartline vs. Baltimore

Team 2 - Need two of these four receivers

Michael Floyd vs. Carolina

Stevie Johnson vs. Cleveland

Steve Smith vs. Arizona

Golden Tate vs. Indianapolis

Thanks in advance!

Do I start DeShean Jackson (who I picked up after his first two monster weeks and he's done fuck all) or do I start Torrey Smith. Smith has Miami who has done well against WR's and Jackson has the Giants who have played like shit but they won't stay that way and they are a capable football team. 

Got two teams. . .one question on each of them

Team 1 - Need two of these four receivers. . .

Tavon Austin vs. Jacksonville

Denarius Moore vs. San Diego

Steve Smith vs. Arizona (he'd normally be an automatic, but I'm guessing he sees a lot of Patrick Peterson this week)

Brian Hartline vs. Baltimore

Team 2 - Need two of these four receivers

Michael Floyd vs. Carolina

Stevie Johnson vs. Cleveland

Steve Smith vs. Arizona

Golden Tate vs. Indianapolis

Thanks in advance!

Moore and Smith hoping he busts a long TD.

Floyd and Tate since Smith/Johnson will be matched up with Peterson and Haden.

Do I start DeShean Jackson (who I picked up after his first two monster weeks and he's done fuck all) or do I start Torrey Smith. Smith has Miami who has done well against WR's and Jackson has the Giants who have played like shit but they won't stay that way and they are a capable football team. 

Desean since he is playing the Giants.