DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I will be playing single player until my wife goes on her nightly hike with the dog then I will switch to MP

Anything to keep me from watching RAW

Save any Bronze or Silver APEX missions for multiplayer, then.

I should be online between 7PM and 8PM.

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

JT can explain why i should keep playing the Turian Agent instead of the Salarian Architect. :) 

Other than the novelty of being Garrus's Andromeda clone, I really can't see a reason for abandoning the Architect.

Having the Remnant VI be the unofficial 5th member of the APEX strike team is pretty helpful.

I got my Female Human Sentinel up to 10th level after doing a Bronze APEX mission where the stip was that no revives were allowed during waves. 

To say that things got interesting is an understatement, but the saving grace was that we were fighting Outlaws.  One of our teammates got chokeslammed to death during the Wave 6 Hack and I had to burn a Cobra to save our asses. 

We all manage to survive extraction once everyone else figured out that they also had Cobras.

Got my last uncommon weapon up to 10.  Still have 60 or 70 uncommon weapon mods left to go.  Probably the latter is the correct number.

Had a silver where I was the only one to extract last night.  Funny that the guys that wouldn't revive anybody earlier didn't get revived themselves at the end.

6 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Had a silver where I was the only one to extract last night.  Funny that the guys that wouldn't revive anybody earlier didn't get revived themselves at the end.

I have been pretty lenient about putting people on my infamous No Revive List because Revive Runs can be problematic for non Stealth Grid or Tactical Cloak folks. 

It also does not help that you almost have to be spot on top of a downed player in order to get the Revive Status icon to show up so that you can Y-Button Defibrillate a dude back to consciousness.

Just now, AxB said:

Human Female Vanguard up to level 20. All characters now +1.0% Health. One percent!

Yep, that's the only bonus stat I have gotten a %Change in so far.

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

The stuff about her family? 

No - the one where she says Suvi is cute and then pretty much has a panic attack

This one

• Like 1

I didn't realize Vetra was a female option so that might be my Sara Ryder choice since she was runner up to Cora for Scott Ryder

Fuck Liam

I like Suvi as a character, so I am a bit bummed that she is a FemRyder Only choice.

I tried to hit on her as Male Ryder and was politely shot down.  I was so disappointed that I reloaded my earlier manual save to catch a do over and pretended that It never happened in the first place.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I didn't realize Vetra was a female option so that might be my Sara Ryder choice since she was runner up to Cora for Scott Ryder

Fuck Liam

My female co-worker who plays this game is pretty much swooning in real life over Jaal - "Play it again! Romance him! Take notes! He's the perfect boyfriend!"

Oh, and I chased Suvi like an idiot for years because I looked it up on the Internet and saw she could be romanced (but that's all I knew). So finally I get to the point where Peebee's all "what's it gonna be boy, yes or no?" and reconsulted the Internet, where I found Suvi could be romanced, but not by me. Ohhhh.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I like Suvi as a character, so I am a bit bummed that she is a FemRyder Only choice.

I tried to hit on her as Male Ryder and was politely shot down.  I was so disappointed that I reloaded my earlier manual save to catch a do over and pretended that It never happened in the first place.

If only real life was thus simple. So many attempts at wooing mistakes erased. 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Fuck Liam

Seen on Facebook (probably paraphrased):

If you had to sacrifice a member of your team like you did in ME1, who would you choose and why would it be Liam?

• Like 2

Got to play the multiplayer Remnant in the round, this tiny circular map that's kinda like a bowl. We finished it on Silver because I was the only one not cheap enough to plug the Destroyers with RPGs. Everybody else is shooting at them, and with everything else going on, that was a losing battle.

It was fine after I found me a place to take cover - it wasn't great cover, but I was comfortable. It was strange to specifically target any Observers on the field over enemies closer to me, because with the way the room was constructed, no one could hide from the Observers. They had to go and go quick, and then  we could deal with the other stuff in front of us. Fun room. Would be interesting to play other enemy types in it.

12 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Seen on Facebook (probably paraphrased):

If you had to sacrifice a member of your team like you did in ME1, who would you choose and why would it be Liam?

TBH, I'd be more inclined to leave Peebee behind to "guard the Virmire nuke."

did my Bronze strike team mission with my Krogan mercenary (who is becoming my favorite MP character I think).

Actually finished 3rd so you know it was a weak group. two of them died in the extraction with 15 seconds. Not quite pulling a Rippa, but close.

Bought a premium pack and got my first Angaran Insurgent. and a Valiant sniper rifle

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Zero chance of that

You just hate that the brother is the most annoying character this side of Kaiden

Though to be fair - if Gil was an option he would be up there too as most likely to drop a planet on

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jstout said:

My female co-worker who plays this game is pretty much swooning in real life over Jaal - "Play it again! Romance him! Take notes! He's the perfect boyfriend!"

Oh, and I chased Suvi like an idiot for years because I looked it up on the Internet and saw she could be romanced (but that's all I knew). So finally I get to the point where Peebee's all "what's it gonna be boy, yes or no?" and reconsulted the Internet, where I found Suvi could be romanced, but not by me. Ohhhh.

I wonder if she feels dirty for cheating on Garrus, her one true love.

27 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Liam is a shithead, but his loyalty mission was too much fun for me to Virmire him.  My choices for that start with Peebee and the Turian female whose name I can't even remember.

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Zero chance of that

You just hate that the brother is the most annoying character this side of Kaiden

Though to be fair - if Gil was an option he would be up there too as most likely to drop a planet on

I'd be perfectly happy to launch Gil into any sun we happen to pass by.  Stop fucking with my ship Gil.  You're causing all sorts of drama up here on the bridge.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

I have been pretty lenient about putting people on my infamous No Revive List because Revive Runs can be problematic for non Stealth Grid or Tactical Cloak folks. 

It also does not help that you almost have to be spot on top of a downed player in order to get the Revive Status icon to show up so that you can Y-Button Defibrillate a dude back to consciousness.

Yep, that's the only bonus stat I have gotten a %Change in so far.

I should mention that all three had an Apex rating of between 6K and 13K, and that two of them immediately ran to the extraction point on round seven, like they'd never got that far before.  Add in that I had to do all the devices by myself, and I was more than happy to have extra legroom on the shuttle while their corpses were left to rot.

Looking at that video RIPPA posted of Sara hitting on Suvi, is making me consider doing another run almost purely to romance her. I don't regret romancing Vetra with my Sara, but that was so damn cute.

Liam is is a good character with a great loyalty mission, but he is incompetent and an all around asshole in general to most people not named Ryder or Jaal. If they had a Virmire choice I would have been disappointed if he wasn't an option.

Really wish i could tell yall i miss yall and would love to be playin but dalmit i don't. Im on beer #2 and lovin the hell out of it. Kinda wish i woulda brought my xbox with me though. The wife is passed out drunk and im sittin on the beach by myself drinkin #3. Yall keep kickin the shit outta the kett and I'll see ya Sunday. 

• Like 2

Playing with the Asari Adept on silver is a pain in the arse. It's a pure hit and run style - leap in, Biotic Combo, shotgun, leap out. But it only really works if you've got someone playing Vanguard at the same time and confusing the enemies with movement and big impacts. If other people are playing cagey camper, you just get targeted from all sides and die quick.

I'll just play a Krogan Engineer instead. That looks like fun.