DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Plus your base stats go up.

I think he's referring to this aka what is the difference between a Male Human Soldier I and a Male Human Soldier III?

The answer being what Rippa said.  Your stats are higher than the ones for the baseline class.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Have you not been assigning your points?

Because each level gives you more points to assign

Plus your base stats go up

I've been assigning points when I level up.  I'm talking about when you get a second version of a character you already have (like soldier II instead of soldier I).  Does that also give more skill points and a stat increase?

Reading through the last two pages:

How the fuck are people getting gear higher leveled than they are? That never happened to me.

Once you research an augmentation you are able to start finding that augmentation out in the wild from chests and enemies. You can't just research again for another augmentation you have already researched, or you're not really supposed to be able to. And yes breaking down a weapon or armor gives back your augmentations.

Also with just tasks left I'm at level 64 and 97%.

• Like 1

BTW - I only figured out on Sunday on how to check my stats

I really like picking "Emotional"... a lot

I guess it is just default "Upper Left is the "good"" option in Bioware games

35 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Once you research an augmentation you are able to start finding that augmentation out in the wild from chests and enemies. You can't just research again for another augmentation you have already researched, or you're not really supposed to be able to. And yes breaking down a weapon or armor gives back your augmentations.

Aha, so I'm not encountering a bug after all!  Very happy to finally know how that shit is supposed to work.

And here I thought I was the true Mass Effect DARPA nerd around here!

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Reading through the last two pages:

How the fuck are people getting gear higher leveled than they are? That never happened to me.

I never noticed it before I started the second playthrough.  I'm level 67 or 68.  First gun I got was some level 10 pistol.

Well as I said usually around 7:45 - 8 she will grab the dog

I expect her to be back in 5-10 minutes

After 30 minutes - I give up and start MP

The second I hit ready - she walks back in the door

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I have an Asari Sword and a Krogan Hammer

Fuck the Omni Blade

I really like the Remnant Cryo Omni Blade. 

Also, i made a level 8 PAW and it is indeed as awesome as Dan said a few days ago. 

@J.T. I forgot to put earlier, you get added hangtime in jump aim at levels 4 (or 3, can't remember) & 6 in the Combat Tools skill  And if you need more shields, Barrier in biotics buffs them. By 1% for every point you've got in Biotics, across all skills.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - I only figured out on Sunday on how to check my stats

I really like picking "Emotional"... a lot

I guess it is just default "Upper Left is the "good"" option in Bioware games

I'm usually happy with the Emotional and Professional responses.  Logical responses tend to make me sound like a douchebag and Casual ones tend to make me sound like a dumbass.

Also, your responses shape Lexi's psych profile of you in your Codex. 

• Emotional - You are empathic and have passionate opinions.
  • Professional - You are dutiful and precise.
  • Casual - You rarely take things seriously
  • Logical - You are calculating and somewhat cold.

So most of my opinions tend to be Emotional and Professional with the odd Casual or Logical comment.

When you start taking Impulsive Actions, Lexi adds a bullet about you being somewhat reckless.  Otherwise, you are "strategic and measured in your responses."

I've started rolling with a Human Engineer in MP in order to chip away at the Mastermind rare achievement (Kill 100 enemies with constructs) because respeccing is starting to get expensive so I'm more cautions about casually swapping out my powers now.

I may have to resort to separate playthroughs as a pure Biotic or a Biotic hybrid in order to unlock some of those Tech / Biotic stupid pet trick achievements like hit an enemy with a Biotic Charge while you are using Tactical Cloak.

Getting turret kills in multiplayer is more problematic than I thought it would be since I tend to get overachievers on my squad that murder everything on the board before my drone can fire a shot.

I unlocked the Mattock last night and it kills stuff perfectly fine even though it doesn't have quite the punch of the older versions.  I also unlocked the Phalanx, but it is too weighty to use as a sidearm with my Tech or Biotic dependent peeps.

My standard loadout with those folks is now either the Cutter I, Phalanx I, or Talon I by itself or the Mattock I / Predator iV weapon combo.

God, the Cyclone is heavy and wildly inaccurate at medium range because the recoil is fucking bananas.  Firing one is like trying to hold an epileptic greased pig even when you're using a stability mod like the AR Stock.

I got a Raptor sniper rifle this morning in an Advanced Pack right before bailing for work.  My multiplayer arsenal is filling out nicely but the game refuses to give me more weapon mods.

I've noticed that I am burning through Medi-Gel and Revive Packs faster than I am used to since this new generation of Mass Effect co-op multiplayers have no problem with letting you bleed out on the battlefield.

My kid has a soccer game at Four PM EST and we're going to grab dinner before I take her back to her Mom's crib so Dad Stuff trumps video games this afternoon, but I should be on later in the evening.. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I miss my giant pile of unused consumables from ME3

As per tradition, I have an iron mountain of Thermal Clip packs that I refuse to use in favor of running to the ammo box every five minutes..

Everything else is close to Log Code Red.

How do you already have Thermal Clips to spare?

I literally might have one Cobra left and that is it.

Or are you just buying nothing but consumable packs?

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

How do you already have Thermal Clips to spare?

I get them all the time when I buy Basic or Advanced Packs and rarely use them because I am dumb..

Like a stubborn idiot, I either make an ammo run when my primary runs dry or switch to my sidearm and lean on my powers a bit more until the end of the wave and then I go to get more thermal clips.

The only time I tend to crack open a TP is if I am hunkered down in the LZ for Extraction.  If my ammo count goes black while the shuttle is en route, I pop a TP and keep shooting.

The existence of the Krogan Hammer and the Asari Sword only serve to further annoy me that I have no control over my squad's weapon load out.

If I did, Drack would be pulping Kett craniums at will with a gigantic, hydraulic-assisted skullcracker right now.

33 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Kinda late for me to reload that part.

I figured that much. I was lucky and caught on early when I realized there was a lack of dialogue where there likely should be dialogue about the various dead bodies.

• Like 1

Well the weird thing is I was able to scan the remnant part and they passed me through to the next step, but the side quest was still showing as not yet done in the journal.  It didn't give me a fail to complete either.  So I had the thing with the dead bodies and scanned the part, but it just got bugged.  Just one of those unfortunate things about these open-world RPGs.  There's definitely a certain order and path you have to follow for some of these quests, otherwise they will bug out.

56 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

One of these days I will remember I have these Cobras in MP

Wave 6 and Extraction are still motherfuckers even on Bronze

There are some maps where the design of the LZ has open spaces in between cover slots that can leave your ass hanging out for enemies to flank you from all sides and angles. 

I also miss the days when you only had one or two boss enemies on the map to contend with at any one time.  Yesterday during a match, there were two Destroyers and two Nullifiers pounding the LZ at the same time (or at least if felt like it). 

RPGs got whipped out in a hurry.