DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

I think I've only used an RPG once in MP.  The game obviously wants me to do it more often, since I get them in every other pack I open.  They're easily the most common thing I get.

I've had to make use of revive packs a number of times, and have used a few health packs as well.  There are enough ammo drops around the maps that I haven't had a problem with that yet.

Got to play some MP with Melraz and Stout today

It doesn't really get any easier when playing with a group but it is a hell of a lot more fun

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Well the weird thing is I was able to scan the remnant part and they passed me through to the next step, but the side quest was still showing as not yet done in the journal.  It didn't give me a fail to complete either.  So I had the thing with the dead bodies and scanned the part, but it just got bugged.  Just one of those unfortunate things about these open-world RPGs.  There's definitely a certain order and path you have to follow for some of these quests, otherwise they will bug out.

I ended up doing the Primus quest right before the final battle because i had missed it earlier. Glad i did since it apparently makes a part of the end fight easier. 

Well the weird thing is I was able to scan the remnant part and they passed me through to the next step, but the side quest was still showing as not yet done in the journal.  It didn't give me a fail to complete either.  So I had the thing with the dead bodies and scanned the part, but it just got bugged.  Just one of those unfortunate things about these open-world RPGs.  There's definitely a certain order and path you have to follow for some of these quests, otherwise they will bug out.

I ended up doing the Primus quest right before the final battle because i had missed it earlier. Glad i did since it apparently makes a part of the end fight easier. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed Liam's mission the most.

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I think drack and peebee might be two most fun. I still wonder if i made right choice at end of peebee's mission. 

Did you

Spoiler

shoot Kalinda or let Peebee save her? I did the latter.

Spoiler

Just caught a neato "Suffragette City" reference while doing a scan on Eos. Then a Prince reference. Always good to understand a reference/little tribute. Glad it wasn't about New Direction or Ed Sheeran or whatever else the kids are into these days. My luck ran out on the third one, but I should've known it if I'd put a bit more mental grease into it before Googling.

Fun little find in a side mission, spoilered.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Got to play some MP with Melraz and Stout today

It doesn't really get any easier when playing with a group but it is a hell of a lot more fun

I didn't get online until around 10PM last night and I was on long enough to land on Voeld and then go to bed. :(

Then I woke up at four in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so I did some multiplayer with some folks I can only assume were Russian or Japanese.  My Kineticist is up to 8th level and I also worked on my Male Human Soldier and took both of my Human Engineers for a spin.

Strike Team Uniform is up to 11th Level now.  I got them some Cold Weather Gear and Adrenaline Boosters and shipped them off on another Bronze regular mission.  I'll check in with them on my APEX app and ship them off on the new Bronze APEX mission in the queue.

Sooner or later, I need to send these guys off on a Silver mission.  Probably when they hit 15th Level.

2 hours ago, Robert C said:

Joined a MP match with randoms last night.  Upon joining, I discovered the following

a.  They were already on level 6.

b.  Multiple guys were down

c.  There was an Ascendant staring me in the face.

It didn't go well.

Ah, memories of the good old days.

Rippa and I joined a ME3 match once against Reapers with a Hazard stipulation (it was a night mission I think which wasn't a real hazard on a well lit map) and the other two players were already down and bled out as we were loading into the game. 

There were enemies everywhere including a Banshee on the move.

Then we were both like TIME TO SIP SOME HERO JUICE AND GET TO WORK~! and we fucking massacred everything.

This new multiplayer is definitely not germane to acts of ridiculous bravery.  I always find myself taking a deep breath before Wave Six starts.

The very first time I tried doing an APEX strike in MP, I got dropped in and everyone was already dead and all the enemies where waiting for my body to fully materialize to kill me

There was a Wave 5 last night that destroyed us that had me convinced we had suddenly been put on a Silver match

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The very first time I tried doing an APEX strike in MP, I got dropped in and everyone was already dead and all the enemies where waiting for my body to fully materialize to kill me

There was a Wave 5 last night that destroyed us that had me convinced we had suddenly been put on a Silver match

I'm happy that Bioware made the new MP in a manner that is difficult to solo but Holy Fuck, extraction from Bronze matches is no joke at 8th level, so I can only imagine what Silver and Gold will feel like when I finally get my favorite APEX toons up to 20th but still have a so-so arsenal.

31 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Somehow i had  missed the three sabers mission. Glad i had one more chance to stick it to Addison. 

Funnily I am doing that one right now

So irritating having to fly to Eos to talk to one person and then fly back to the Nexus