DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

Did the Loyalty missions for Jack, Jacob, Tali, & Garrus. Dug Jack's story and how confused it left her realizing the truth of past. Jacob's was ok but nothing special. Loved Tali's mission. The trial was fun and I liked seeing how things with the Quarians truly work. I loved the tension, and it didn't hurt that I liked the voice actors used during it a good deal. Garrus's mission was fun if only for what he did to Harkin. I have to ask, why the hell is even Garrus's alternate armor damaged?

I'm finally doing Zaeed's mission today, and I think I'll go ahead and pick up Arrival.

I have to ask, why the hell is even Garrus's alternate armor damaged?.

Because the programmers were lazy and did not build Garrus an alternate skin where his armor was repaired. 

If you get one of the Alternare Appearance Packs, Garrus has a pretty swanky set of armor that is undamaged.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Wow I'm pretty stunned at how good the multiplayer is for ME3.  It's such a breath of fresh air to play with strangers and not have a bad time playing yet.  The way they set up the co-op waves is fantastic with the goal oriented tasks every odd wave or so. 

The variety of the powers and the characters is impressive.  I ran with a Vanguard and damn the Biotic Charge is beastly.  I'm like a one man battering ram, wading into firefights smiting these poor fools.  Love it.  Red and black helmeted dude, so of course I named him Maximilian.  'Cause I'm a nerd.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Are you playing co-op on 360, M7?  You know you want to send invites to me and Rippa.

I'm playing on Wii U, but my brother has sent me his spare 360 finally so that is en route.  My friend has a copy for 360 and I'm sure will be no bother to borrow it.  I'd be well up for some co-op action once I get it. 

Did the Loyalty missions for Zaeed, Thane, & Samara along with the Overlord DLC. Zaeed's mission felt too short. Even going the Paragon route I was expecting more of a chase for Vido. The Thane and Samara family troubles were interesting and not quite what I would have expected from a mission. The Overlord DLC was good fun though I hated the Hammerhead parts mostly for the damn turrets. Next up is the Reaper IFF.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Ok, this is was so hilarious / awesome / ridiculous...

After curing the genophage on Tuchanka, a paragon quick convo thingy popped up as Wrex was singing my praises. The altruistic action to earn me some rep and paragon points? Shepard and Wrex do a bro-style hug. Loved it.

Beat Mass Effect 2. Managed to get everyone loyal and keep everyone alive. The last missions dealing with the Collectors were good fun. Also dug being able to tell the Illusive Man off at the end.

I'm going to do Arrival in the post game today and start Mass Effect 3 either tonight or tomorrow. Any tips/suggestions with that one?

For ME3 - just be mindful that you lose the ability to do certain side missions after a certain point in time. So don't necessarily be in a race to do all the primary missions right away.

Oh and if you have the Citadel DLC (which you should because it is THE essential DLC besides LotSB) - wait as long as possible before doing it (ie: the last thing you do before the point of no return) since that maximizes the experience

Sidequests, don't play center first play through, pick good or bad, don't buy eq until you amass $1 million creds and unlock the Spectre gear. Don't worry, you'll find enough stuff on drops to get by until then. That's just for ME 1.

Just picked up ME trilogy the other day. I'll probably start it tomorrow. Anything I should know before I go in?

Start from page 46 and read on. I've been playing the trilogy since last month, and the advice they have given me has helped a good deal.

I'm only half-way through a ME1 FemShep Vanguard replay, and the story runs several orders of magnitude greater than with MaleShep.  

Although I'm wondering if certian things in 3 are going to have the same impact on this playthrough as my first with the genderswap.

Finished things up to Palaven and just finished the Eden Prime DLC. So far enjoying the game a good deal. Its starts off even bigger and grander than the previous two games, and it pushes the ravages of the war quite well. I really dig the personality of Javik and EDI actually fighting with us is pretty cool. Right now I'm tyring to finish up whatever side missions I can before Sur'Kesh. Next thing I'm doing is Grissom Academy.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Some of the old problems of ME have come up in part 3 for me...

Some dialogue choices being out of whack for what transpires. I thought I was just going to tellt the Jessica Chobot media chick to kick rocks, but my Shepherd actually took a knockout swing at her. Luckily she punched me out, but the dialogue option was nowhere near "hey I'm Ray Rice with a biotic tool."

And what was I supposed to do when Udina draws down on the female councillor.  Renegade to put a bullet in him?  Come on, he just pointed a gun at her and threatened everyone.

Also, after Cerberus jacks up the Citadel, Bioware outs themselves as a bunch of statists in those smaller disputes between vendors or vendors and C-Sec. Hey, the hospital is full of your dead and dying, but "we" don't want you citizens buying any small arms in case they come back.

I took the Renegade hit gladly on that one.

In other news...

Thane just kicked the bucket. Will miss that guy.