DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

Was trying to do the Firewalker assignments only to be forced into the next big story mission searching a Collector ship. I was aware this could happen, but I thought it was only from doing actual missions. Kind of annoyed me as I wasn't quite ready yet. Anyways I finished it up and am doing the Justicar mission now.

I never did finish Firewalker.... Do you get anything for it? In either ME2 or 3?

Nope - I mean outside of the normal like experience etc...

I don't even think the events of Firewalker are referenced in ME3

A cabin item, a fuel depot in Widow, and the XP/Creds/Extra Pickups in the new locations for ME2 only, basically.  And I *think* one trophy/acheivement.

Its like the sidest quest of all side quests in the ME series.

I never did finish Firewalker.... Do you get anything for it? In either ME2 or 3?

Nope - I mean outside of the normal like experience etc...

I don't even think the events of Firewalker are referenced in ME3

Given the last communcation from Cerberus command at the conclusion of the Firewalker missions.

The burst of energy that coincided with your retrieval of the Prothean artifact contained coded information. Most of the data was beyond our ability to track, but the threads we were able to decrypt have provided new avenues for research on energy transfer and biotics. It will keep the scientists busy for years to come.

The data indicates that the artifact is currently inert and not dangerous. We wonder, however, that if Dr. Cayne had more time, would he have unlocked its secrets? We will continue his research.

A landmark find for humanity! Good work, Shepard.

I came to the conclusion that Shepard was unwittingly yet directly responsible for the quantum leaps in Cerberus technology that you saw in ME3 vis a vis the vast improvements in Cerberus's military units.

Yeah, you helped pave the way for Phantoms and Atlas mechs, man.

Other than that bit of speculation on my part, the only mention of anything from the Firewalker pack is the inside joke jibber jabber between Vega and Cortez about the Mako vs. The Hammerhead.

• Like 1

Here you go, CreativeControl:

Nothing is better than cold, emotionless Mordin's guilt finally exploding in one line, "I MADE A MISTAKE!" And them immediately composing himself. Just great stuff.

I don't know what is worse:

Shooting Mordin or betraying Wrex.  Both are shitty things to do.

Nothing is better than cold, emotionless Mordin's guilt finally exploding in one line, "I MADE A MISTAKE!" And them immediately composing himself. Just great stuff.

Nomination for choosing either side in the final Geth/Quarian conflict, as opposed to peace

Nomination for choosing either side in the final Geth/Quarian conflict, as opposed to peace

Sad thing is, I can actually make legit arguments for each of these within the context of the story.  Assuming you're playing a certain way up to those points.

Because if Wreav is around, you can get away with it!

Wreav got his ass eaten by the legendary Thresher Maw in my game.  Wrex didn't seem too broken hearted about it.

Belive it or not, we are still actively playing ME3 co-op.   I am like 99% completion of Collector Mastery.  Fucking Abominations.

Did a handful of assignments yesterday and am about to start Mordin's Loyalty mission. I'm honestly digging the sidequests more this time around. There haven't been any resued maps so far and the little stories for each of them tend to be fun. I only wish they were a bit more rewarding as the money and experience are generally on the low side.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Got ME3 for the WiiU.  It's great so far, missed this universe. 

Mass Effect is the singular series these days where I give a damn about the lore and read shit about some far off planet outpost that has no bearing on the game.  The writers of the ME series really created a world that is interesting. 

The Citadel doesn't seem as interesting this game, though.  I wish when you went to get the Banner of whatever for the Turians (and all those smaller type of "missions") you just didn't throw a probe out there and immediately get it.  They should have had something like the first game where you roll in and get in a quick shootout and snatch it up. 

Other than that, the game is top notch so far.  Garrus is such a badass.  So glad you get him back on your squad fairly quickly. 

The part where I'm on the Salarian planet to retrieve the female Krogan, and Wrex starts talking shit...

"Never going to let us forget about the Rachni Wars, are you?" When Wrex continues by noting that there's not any turian statue at the Citadel like the krogan have, Garrus remarks "Just wait till this war is over."

I want a standalone Garrus game after this is over.  He's the best.

Did Mordin's, Grunt's, and Miranda's Loyalty missions. Really dug Mordin's mission as it was nice to see the cracks break on his true feelings towards the genophage. Grunts was fun for the Thresher Maw fight and respect afterwards from the Krogan. With Miranda it was nice to get some actual depth on her. Went a head and learned Slam since I recall someone in the thread thinking highly of it earlier. I'm doing Jack's mission next. Then probably Zaeed's