DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Kevin Dunn Missing The Finish - 12/12/16

Dolfan in NYC

11 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Booking hasn't helped in that regard, either.  Again, HHH's insistence of not working during the NFL season hurts the overall story that should be told.

But when HHH comes back and the ratings are up then we'll know that he helps draw and USA will want him and Steph on tv more again so the return of the Authority happens.

We all win. (because we won't watch Raw and have more time to do other things)

19 hours ago, Library Dude said:

tenor.gif

I know you mean on Raw but still.

No, I thought of Swann. He's OK, but we know he likes to dance and have fun and that's about it. He's, as it stands now, a notch or two above TJ Perkins. Personality and charisma are related, but still different.

16 hours ago, jstout said:

No, I thought of Swann. He's OK, but we know he likes to dance and have fun and that's about it. 

You know he's had a pretty deep backstory since his first CWC vignette right? He's more rounded out as a character than 99% of the roster.

Plus for a thrown together tag team of dudes who love to have fun, No Way Can You Handle This or whatever they are called were pretty over.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, jstout said:

Having an inspirational backstory doesn't equate to having charisma. So now I know he's been through some rough stuff in his life ... but likes to dance and have fun.

But that doesn't make him outlandish. They could have chosen a more appropriate adjective for him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jstout said:

Having an inspirational backstory doesn't equate to having charisma. So now I know he's been through some rough stuff in his life ... but likes to dance and have fun.

I'm not as high on Swann as some, and it's really annoying that they use dancing gimmicks so frequently (and that so many of the gimmicks seem to go to minorities), but you're really selling him short here. The cruisers are sent out to die on RAW every week with no story and no buildup, and he still managed to get over when most of them get crickets. I don't think it was because of the quality of his dancing. The dude has charisma.