DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football Time!

Kevin Wilson

Unless I get a miracle performance from Kelley tomorrow, I'll lose my semifinal for the work league to my wife's team.  It's annoying that I easily topped both teams in the other semi with what I have now.  The outcome of the other game is a given at this point, partly because the guy that's gonna lose got cute and started Adrian Peterson after picking him up off waivers this week.  The winner of that one is gonna pick up his 6th win in a row despite starting a guy who isn't even on an active roster this week over DeMarco Murray.  At least this win will mean he will finally have a positive point differential for the season.

So my money league does 8 teams, 1 week playoffs.  The #2 seed just went down because Tom Brady put up less than 7 points. And the #3 went down by .2 because Minnesota put up -1 this week.

I'm the #4, and now (unless Cam decides to throw for 500 and run in 4 TD's) have to face the #1 because our stupid league doesn't re-seed.    God damn it. 

FUUUUCK YEEEESSSSS 

Made it to the championship game in both leagues! The one I was the second seed in already. The other I went to the championship in last year as the #1 seed. This year I went in with a 6-7 record and made it to the playoffs by 1 point. 

Woohoo!  Late to the party , but I grabbed Ty Montgomery in waivers mainly as a preliminary measure.  

Since this is the las week and the Championship I am looking at streaming a defense.  Should I keep Seattle (vs. Arizona - who has a capable offense) or drop Seattle for San Diego (vs Cleveland - yes Cleveland)?  It is a no brainer mostly, but I worry this could be a trap game and I don't want to drop too many players from my roster that could help the other guy.

EDIT:

well my Finals opponent had the same idea, I had and scooped up the Chargers.  Here is hoping there is some offensive magic in Believeland.  Uggh..

Any thoughts and considerations are gladly accepted.  Please and Thank You.

RB (Pick 2)

• J. Stewart  (vs. ATL)
  • T. Montgomery (vs MIN)
  • D. Martin (vs NO)
  • L. Miller (vs CIN)
  • B. Powell (vs NE)
  • M. Gordon (vs CLE - doubtful he will play though)
  • K. Farrow (vs CLE)

WR (Pick 2)

• B. Cooks (vs TB)
  • D. Inman (vs CLE)
  • R. Matthews (vs JAX)
  • A. Jeffery (vs WAS)

and a FLEX player that can be either a RB/WR

I can't imagine not playing Ty after his last two weeks (I have him too), and I am starting Inman. I actually dropped Matthews but I did it late enough that no one else can pick him up before the game.

I dropped him so I could grab LaFell. I really want to play Green this weekend but since they have a late start I may not know until game time if he is playing. So LaFell is insurance. Course I still am unsure if I should play Green since I doubt we will know his level of healthy if he does play.

Julio did eh but I didn't really have anyone else that did better. Thanks to Jeremy Hill being a bust, I am only 7.9 points behind in a full point PPR league with Travis Kelce left to play. I might just pull this off thanks to Aaron Rodgers and waiver wire pickup Cameron Meredith.

In anger I dropped Sammy Watkins last week and of course he would blow up this week.

I won the DVDVR Money League championship (assuming Tate doesn't score 37 points tonight). I feel like I earned it as I think this is the 4th time all season I led the entire league in points scored for the week, my team wasn't always consistent but I had enough big points getters that I could pull through most of the time. Clay and Baldwin were my saviors this week, so I still scored a ton even though Kelley, Inman, and Ty all under performed.

It is nice since the league is a pay league, so I "get" $225. But since I am the one that collected the money, its not as much that I 'get' money, I just don't have to 'pay out' money. Which is also exciting :) This is my 13th year playing FFL and my first championship, so I am pretty damn happy.

• Like 1

Thanks to Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill and Siemian bringing down Demaryius Thomas, I was able to stage a dramatic comeback all the while having Adam Thielen, J.J. Nelson, and Brandon LaFell on my bench. 

39 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I won the DVDVR Money League championship (assuming Tate doesn't score 37 points tonight). I feel like I earned it as I think this is the 4th time all season I led the entire league in points scored for the week, my team wasn't always consistent but I had enough big points getters that I could pull through most of the time. Clay and Baldwin were my saviors this week, so I still scored a ton even though Kelley, Inman, and Ty all under performed.

It is nice since the league is a pay league, so I "get" $225. But since I am the one that collected the money, its not as much that I 'get' money, I just don't have to 'pay out' money. Which is also exciting :) This is my 13th year playing FFL and my first championship, so I am pretty damn happy.

Who do I have to assassinate to get in this league? Preferably, I can do it like the scene in Goodfellas where Tommy gets "made".