DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, WSOF, RIZIN, Fight Pass, and AXS TV Thread (Fedor/Fabby Brawlgame Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

58 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Is RIZIN airing on Spike TV for their December show or did that experiment end with the weird shit they did with the special last year.

I think that was just a one off deal because of Fedor. The tape delayed, digest version of the show didn't exactly do gangbusters on Spike. I am surprised AXS hasn't tried to make a play for CroCop/Wand III and the 12/31 show though. I say the latter simply because people will probably stay up to watch out of curiosity once the UFC 207 festivities end.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

On the last ever Legacy FC show, Gerald Harris is fighting a guy who showed up at 225 for a welterweight fight. The Oklahoma commission approved it.

...and Gerald Harris just easily slam KO'd a man who missed weight by 55 pounds in the final ever Legacy FC bout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah and RFA is going under too, what's the deal?

They are merging into one entity technically. Since Mick Maynard (who ran Legacy) is with the UFC as a matchmaker, Ed Soares (who ran RFA) is running the new promotion and is no longer managing fighters.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually slogged the whole way through that Rizin show. It was everything you expected (and more or less depending on what you actually expected).

I enjoyed it more than I thought it would. This probably isn't news to anyone but Joe Warren is a terrible commentator. The Baruto fight especially he just went back and forth on 'TK should have stolen Baruto's lunch' and 'Baruto has the best cardio of all 350+lb athletes I've ever seen!'. Seriously Joe, how many have you seen?

My highlights :

-the Cruikshank-Kitaoka fight was a good opener. Surprised that Kitaoka came back on that one.

-Herring was gut-wrench german suplexed in the first round and got the crap kicked out of him. Amir was totally gassed in the second though and Herring clearly won the round. Surprised it didn't go to a third with the way the fight had progressed despite the whole-fighting scoring system.

-Was the crowd saying boo or Baruuuuuuuto? I've never made that joke before so give me a break.

-Surprised Cro Cop took out Mo. Those two really shouldn't have been matched up in the quarterfinals but I guess they needed something to sell this event on. I'm actually looking forward to Baruto - Cro Cop just because of the dynamics on this show. And yes, that means I do plan on spending another whole afternoon watching Rizin. Probably going to be a bit strange switching to it after UFC207.

1 hour ago, Setsuna said:

Rizin NYE starting now.

Free live stream at  https://eversport.tv/fight-sports/rizin/2016/12/31/final-round-world-gp-2016

I'm pretty sure it's legal so hope it's okay that I posted the link.

Totally fine. I believe Eversport is the official, unofficial Rizin stream for people not in Japan.

Yumiko Hotta vs. Gabi Garcia went about as well as expected. Hotta started off by running the ropes and then immediately got annihilated. Like Gabi drilled her with a left as Hotta was coming off the ropes. Only in Japan. Five stars.