DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Jessice Penne is moving up to 115 lbs. to try out for TUF 20. I think it's a lock she gets on the show.

Now all we need is Waterson.

This is definitely turning out into the best season of TUF ever.

On Tuesday, the UFC announced that starting immediately, they will no longer offer $50,000 Knockout of the Night or Submission of the Night bonuses following events. Instead, they will add two $50,000 Performance Of The Night bonuses, awarded to those fighters who put on "the two best individual performances on the card". Fight Of The Night remains intact.

This does help in those cases where there is not a knockout or submission on a card, and gives the company more leeway in giving out bonus money in cases where a fighter loses (Josh Thomson, perhaps?) in a very controversial way. It also allows the UFC to not award bonus money on one of those nights where nothing is clicking.

On a side note, our Mike Coughlin wrote a column on this very subject a few weeks ago.

- JN

Credit: f4wonline.com

I would have kept them, tradition!

What a bunch of dumb shit all those words are.  "Gives the company more leeway in giving out bonus money."  How about you just give out additional bonuses as you see necessary.   

Jessice Penne is moving up to 115 lbs. to try out for TUF 20. I think it's a lock she gets on the show.

Now all we need is Waterson.

This is definitely turning out into the best season of TUF ever.

Agreed, big fan of Penne. This season has a lot of favorites, really looking forward to it.

I wasn't primeraly looking forward to Rashad/DC, but it sucks for the UFC.

As much as I like Chael, they shouldn't give him the fight and much less after what Rashad did to him in their fight.

Chael should just stick to the Wanderlei fight which is bigger and winnable fight for him.

Reem has no chance against JDS at this point so there's no surprise he turned the fight down. I'm guessing he tries to get a couple of more winnable fights before he steps up and fights JDS so he can at least he doesn't get cut from the UFC.

Hope the contract negotiations with Gil get cleared up and he can stay with the UFC. He has a good chance at being the UFC LW champ so it's a shame if they can't get that resolved. Aside from Khabib and Bendo possibiy again, I don't think there's another fighter in the division who can beat Gil, not even Pettis.

When they would have events with 3-4 impressive KO wins but could only give out the bonus to one of them and had to give the other bonus for a fairly standard RNC win because it was the only submission on the card.

No dude, it's their money.  They can give out extra bonuses if they feel someone deserved it.  The difference is that now that they did away with the sub and ko bonuses and have gone to "performance" bonuses they can give them to whoever they want to without holding themselves to anything.  If there was only one sub on a card that was like a guaranteed paycheck for the person that got it regardless of their standing or popularity in the organization.  You still had a legit solid chance even if you were a lesser known.  That's gone now and they can just give money based on their popularity contest heirarchy and don't have to hold themselves to giving money to the sub or ko. 

There are no other top LHWs training for a fight that would already would in camp besides the main eventers of the London card. That is unless you really want to see OSP or Nikita Krylov vs. Cormier.

• Like 1