DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Mayhem live tweeting the thing may be the pinnacle of social media absurdity.

It is like the NFL and MMA are having a contest to figure out what should be abolished first for the greater good of society.   Just way too much main stream stupidity on both sides to ignore

Sucks to hear that about KZ. He is one of the funnest fighters to watch fight in the sport.

Kyung Ho Kang may have to serve in the military soon too and is contemplating retirement if he has to.

Hyun Gyu Lim I believe already did his time so he's safe.

Jonathan Brookins, that skinny guy who won a season the season of TUF that also featured Michael Johnson who he beat in the finals is fighting Shintaro Ishiwatari who's a Japanese prospect and the current King of Pancrase bantamweight champ you should keep an eye on in Pancrase next month.

Ishiwatari is a very good fighter who's put on some pretty amazing performances namely against Caol Uno who he put a nasty beating on in Shooto a couple of years ago and he almost beat Japanese UFC fighter Kyoji Horiguchi at VTJ 2 last year. With a win here, I think there's a high chance the UFC eventually picks him up and gives him some fights on upcoming Asian UFC cards.

How do you not include the time he made it on Break.com for that slam KO?

He should win that because Brookins doesn't give a damn about MMA. His performance on the Legacy card in Mississippi was pitiful.

No, Nover had Anderson Silva level striking and GSP level wrestling and then all of sudden he was out grappled to a decision by Efrain Escudero.

We are partly right, I just looked it up.  Going into the season he said they had a kid that could be the next Anderson Silva and from the way he talked about Junie early on everyone assumed that's who he was talking about but he never said who he was talking about.  At least not from the search I just did.