DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015/16 - Period 3

Dolfan in NYC

44 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Lightning announce Steven Stamkos has blood clot in arm, will have vascular surgery and is out 1-3 months.

Went to today's debacle in Brooklyn. Fred Flinstone needs to go, but the funny thing is he'll luck into playing a crippled TB team and he'll do what the Sixers did to the top seeded Bulls several years back after they literally fell apart. Wish I could've been at MSG tonight but cheapest get in price was $110 and I'm only paying that for a Stanley Cup final or a World Series. Seeing Unwritten Law and Fenix TX at Webster Hall was a nice consolation though.

Sucks about Stamkos. Hopefully this is just a blip for him and he's back at his best next year, wherever that may be. 

As for this season... anybody but the Oilers. So pathetic. Don't even, DFA... don't even.

What a disgusting effort in the last Battle of Alberta at Rexall. Absolutely disgusting.

I am legitimately angry in a way I've been very few times in this 10 years of my life I've wasted. This team does not deserve my loyalty but goddamit family is family.

Fuck.

Columbus is a good, solid boring option. Phoenix is the NHL IS FIXING EVERYTHING option, which would probably create the most furor.

Edit: money promo by McLellan there. Good babyface fire.

Edited by Oyaji

On 4/3/2016 at 0:46 AM, Death From Above said:

I want Carolina to win the draft lottery. I think it is the funniest outcome for media butthurt that helps the NHL the least.

Well, the RUMBLINGS are that the Canes have been purchased by Quebecor and will become the Nordiques for next season.

Oh my God, yes! DO IT! I'm sorry, Burrito, but I want the Nords back! Plus, you got to experience a cup win! That's more than half the Canadian teams will ever likely know!

It's hard to know what to believe about the Quebec Hartford Hurricane Sea Mammals right now. But it seems pretty unlikely there is this much chatter that results in "business as usual".

At the very least the Hurricanes are clearly for sale for any reasoanble price.

The Whalers being reincarnated as the Nords would be wonderful. Replacing another of the WHA teams would give me some sort of peace and closure for the Whale because they are never coming home and this would be the next best thing.

58 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I want fiery Montreal/Quebec games again. Those few they trot out on the NHL Network every 6 months are so good.

Oh God THIS. It was as close to an Old Firm type rivalry as you would ever see in NA sports with the Habs representing those who want to remain a part of Canada and tollerate english being spoken and the Nords representing Quebec seperatists and french language only. Speaking of that the one sad thing here is that this is likely the end for Chuck Kaiton because they will obviously not need an english language broadcaster. I hope UCONN (who just set a Hockey East attendance record this year at the HCC) make a deal to bring him in to do their games.

Thing is they need more Quebecois players to make that rivarlry hum again.  Probably would happen to if Quebecor buy the Hurricanes since the head of Quebecor is the head of the Provincial Quebec Sepertist party.  If The Nords come back I feel for the Quebec Remparts.  I wouldnt see them lasting much longer

On 4/2/2016 at 2:36 AM, Death From Above said:

It's so cute the way the Leafs media are so new at this they think their young kids winning in the last 10 games of the year shows hope for the future.

I'm here to tell you as a friend. I have seen some things. I have been to the jungle. You are on the path to destruction.

Dont worry.  Stamkos is coming to Toronto and Mitch Marner is going to become a 40 goal guy and they will get the number one pick.  Then when Stamkos signs in Tampa or somewhere else it will be one guy isnt worth all that cap space and when someone else wins the draft lottery it will be the Leafs are better off with another kid not one that played in Europe as opposed to the mighty CHL

• Like 1

I know he's not there anymore but, "we had him as the best player in the draft."

Canucks just beat San Jose, Anaheim, and LA and written off their chance at a top 3 pick. Fucking dolts.

The Rangers finally clinch a playoff berth

Yay... I guess

It's weird - ever since the Caps went nuclear my interest in this season went way down

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Rangers finally clinch a playoff berth

Yay... I guess

It's weird - ever since the Caps went nuclear my interest in this season went way down

And don't forget: your reward for finishing third is a date with the hottest team in the league. Meanwhile the Isles get either a Florida team with almost no playoff experience or the corpse of TB. But I have faith that Cappy will blow it somehow.

14 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Thing is they need more Quebecois players to make that rivarlry hum again.  Probably would happen to if Quebecor buy the Hurricanes since the head of Quebecor is the head of the Provincial Quebec Sepertist party.  If The Nords come back I feel for the Quebec Remparts.  I wouldnt see them lasting much longer

Couldn't they head back to the Colisee?

Someone came up with the most depressing stat about Taylor Hall and the support he hasn't had in Edmonton. Since he came into the NHL the most points any Oilers defenseman has had in a season is 33.

The trade Hall camp is genuinely full of ill people that I hope get the assistance they require.

I don't even think he's untouchable I mean obviously no one but McDavid deserves that term, but I want a real #1 D back if you move him. And trading #1 D simply doesn't happen, so...

I do think Eberle is gone though. Honestly I've been braced for that since the trade deadline when I was genuinely surprised both him and Yakupov remained here at once.