DVDVR Message Board

I don't want a new War Games at all. I don't want to see two rings again. Elimination Chamber is better anyway. Yeah, I said it. The only reason I liked the first two War Games matches anyway was because the teams were so stacked with talent...and J.J. Dillion got dropped on his shit. The rest of them all pretty much sucked. Watching the War Games DVD reminded me of how bad most of them were. I have no desire to see that shit come back.

I also wasn't a fan of this RAW. It seems to be a pretty polarizing episode. I liked the AJ promo...and that was about it. I was struggling to stay awake & I even took a nap this afternoon. Just so many boring forgettable mother-fuckers on the roster getting TV time & long-ass matches. I don't want to watch Del Rio, or Van Dam, Axel, or Christian...fuck.

HEY GUYS DID ANYONE MENTION BIG SHOW HAVING AN IRON CLAD CONTRACT YET

No.

What I'm guessing happened here guys is that when Big Show turned face he realized that an iron clad contract is not a fair thing for a giant monster to have.  It makes him TOO powerful and makes it harder for him to retain his humanity and relate to common, mortal men.  So he destroyed the contract (I assume by KO punching it until it broke into base elements) and then signed a new, standard WWE contract.

This will probably all be explained in a flashback on the next episode of Superstars.

• Like 4

Jesus, Cory Feldman has aged poorly.

You see your boy almost got jobbed out in eight seconds?

That was kind of awesome.   They do that to him all the time in six man's.  He gets in there with the face-in-peril mostly dead, and instantly gets his ass handed to him.  It's one of his best moves.

HEY GUYS DID ANYONE MENTION BIG SHOW HAVING AN IRON CLAD CONTRACT YET

That was what...over a year ago?

Triple H is teaming up with the man who attacked his family.

Do you people not know WWE doesn't worry about continuity by this point?!

Good show tonight, it really helps to watch it on DVD, though ("Oh, Michael Cole's doing his commercial voice, time to hit 'Skip'!").  Enjoyed Orton-Christian (Though what is up with Orton stealing ADR's push off the ropes), enjoyed ADR-RVD well enough even with RVD missing some kicks pretty badly, enjoyed the PTP-RA match (And to the guy who wondered why Darren Young isn't getting a singles push, do you not remember when they were on commentary and he wasn't good enough to even defend himself from Cole, much less contribute anything on the mic?!  He's perfect where he is right now) and I dig the crowd getting into the 'Millions of Dollars' dance, Punk-Heyman segment was all right but way too long...I really thought they were going to introduce a new "Heyman Guy" tonight to save him from Punk (Was hoping for Big E. but would have been okay with Mason Ryan), main event was terrific, though I feel like Bryan-Reigns should have gone a little bit longer before the abrupt ending.  Plus, once the match was thrown out, the faces should have rushed the ring, because I believe Triple H said they couldn't interfere but once the match is over...I do love the way they're getting Bryan absolutely nuclear heat.  It's the most reaction I've seen for a top guy since early days of John Cena and, before that, Rock.

And that makes it okay? If they don't care, why should I waste my already worthless time. I could be watching Leave It To Beaver on Netflix. 

Dude, don't even get me started.  Lumpy Rutherford was supposed to be an older kid in high school back in season 1.  No way he's in the school play with Wally THREE YEARS LATER!!!!!!!!

FUCK!

• Like 1

Partly due to Colt's podcast, I decided to give Miz another shot. Perfectly fine upper-mid card dude. Should be a heel, but by far not the most useless guy they have. Damning with faint praise, I know, but I'm somewhat back on board. He HAS been entertaining in the past.

Miz is outstanding as a chickenshit heel. But they keep trying to make him into a dangerous badass, both when he was heel and now. And it's embarrassing.

And that makes it okay? If they don't care, why should I waste my already worthless time. I could be watching Leave It To Beaver on Netflix. 

What a bad RAW replacement. 234 episodes and Wally doesn't turn around and deck Eddie. That's some awful babyface booking right there.

• Like 1

The threat isn't that if you intervene you will get fired, the threat is that you will be beat down night after night if you get involved.  An ironclad contract won't save you from that.

That being said, I wish they could do an angle where Show, Henry, etc. get fired for rescuing Daniel Bryan, then show up on Smackdown under masks as new iteration of the Machines.

Please let this happen!

You're right, only the audience can see what's happening on the Cleavertron, so Wally has no idea how evil Eddie truly is.

Actually I was talking to Piranesi. Like radiation, I try to limit my interactions with you. 

With your recent pro-Swagger rants, I might do the same to you.