DVDVR Message Board

Shit, I could see why Vince wouldn't want to do it, at least a month before you have your traditional survivor series match.

They been doing a Hell in a Cell PPV for a few years now, thats 2 main event Cell matched on one PPV. Whats the difference, they been running gimmick concept PPVs before SS for a while now, so whats one main event gimmick match?

It's difficult to sell a 4 v 4 Survivor Series match after the fans just paid to see a 4 v 4 match in wargames. And the team matches at Survivor Series the last handful of years have been afterthoughts/midcard filler.

Edit: also, Heathers is radical.

I think this really needed the ref calling for the bell, once the match was over, that some guys would run in to help because wasn't the stip they couldn't interfere in the match? Or if Show dropped Orton with the WMD because he wasn't in the match so he couldn't come in to pick the bones.

I don't think there was an official stipulation. It's just that they all fear how HHH will make their lives a living hell if they do anything. It just takes one man to lead the charge. It could be John Cena returning just long enough to call out the locker room before taking a beating. It could be Bret Hart showing up in Toronto and cutting a promo about how HHH and the McMahons are a bunch of rats and people should stand up to him, leading to the Shield menacing him and Natalya dragging Khali out there to start the ball rolling. It could be giving Regal one last month-long run where he defends Daniel Bryan and wins an improbable match at Night of Champions vs Dean Ambrose before losing a Raw rematch and getting slaughtered so brutally that it spurs the troops to action.
I was thinking an Austin appearance to rally the troops.

Shit, I could see why Vince wouldn't want to do it, at least a month before you have your traditional survivor series match.

They been doing a Hell in a Cell PPV for a few years now, thats 2 main event Cell matched on one PPV. Whats the difference, they been running gimmick concept PPVs before SS for a while now, so whats one main event gimmick match?
It's difficult to sell a 4 v 4 Survivor Series match after the fans just paid to see a 4 v 4 match in wargames. And the team matches at Survivor Series the last handful of years have been afterthoughts/midcard filler.
Well, don't do a 4 v 4 match at Survivor Series then. At least not involving Bryan and Orton. Put them as the main event. The WarGames would lead to that.

I think this really needed the ref calling for the bell, once the match was over, that some guys would run in to help because wasn't the stip they couldn't interfere in the match? Or if Show dropped Orton with the WMD because he wasn't in the match so he couldn't come in to pick the bones.

I don't think there was an official stipulation. It's just that they all fear how HHH will make their lives a living hell if they do anything. It just takes one man to lead the charge. It could be John Cena returning just long enough to call out the locker room before taking a beating. It could be Bret Hart showing up in Toronto and cutting a promo about how HHH and the McMahons are a bunch of rats and people should stand up to him, leading to the Shield menacing him and Natalya dragging Khali out there to start the ball rolling. It could be giving Regal one last month-long run where he defends Daniel Bryan and wins an improbable match at Night of Champions vs Dean Ambrose before losing a Raw rematch and getting slaughtered so brutally that it spurs the troops to action.

Like when Blassie showed up at the Raw before the Invasion? That'd be awesome....

Well, don't do a 4 v 4 match at Survivor Series then. At least not involving Bryan and Orton. Put them as the main event. The WarGames would lead to that.

I guess you could have the afterbirth of wargames without Randy/Bryan as the 8 man elimination match at Survivor Series. Show's big moment and all that.

Like when Blassie showed up at the Raw before the Invasion? That'd be awesome....

I'm thinking he means showing Daniel Bryan how to clear a ring all by himself.

Partly due to Colt's podcast, I decided to give Miz another shot. Perfectly fine upper-mid card dude. Should be a heel, but by far not the most useless guy they have. Damning with faint praise, I know, but I'm somewhat back on board. He HAS been entertaining in the past.

A bit shocked at all the hatred of the show. Does anyone seriously think that the master plan is to bury all the babyfaces FOR SIX MONTHS until John Cena comes back? This is the WWE, the fact that any heels at all get heat is a minor miracle. With the history of this company, I cannot believe that "they don't know how to book a babyface" is a talking point. It's literally all they actually know how to do.  Anyway, long story short this all ends with Bryan being WWE champion. Honestly, I'd much rather have Bryan have a real match at 'Mania defending as champion than be in whatever convuluted WWE power struggle gets booked as the main angle.

Regarding the other babyfaces...yeah, when they do finally say fuck it and run-in the pop should be huge. I assume there will be some Vince ex machina that allows them an out on the Hunter firing threats. It looks like Dolph, Christian, Henry, and Show are going to be the guys. I think a 5 on 5 at Battleground with those 4 and Bryan against Orton/The Shield/Hunter would be a perfectly acceptable 40 minute main event for a PPV. But no way this angle as is makes it past SurSer. I figure Bryan wins the belt there, transitions to the next step, and then they set whatever is set in motion for 'Mania then. But no fucking way the heels are running roughshod for any longer than that.

Wyatt's promo was a beautiful thing of beauty. It was almost poetry.

AJ babyfaced the fuck out of herself on that promo. Kind of odd that they'd bury a show that's more or less a hit, but it is what it is. 

Punk/Heyman was one of the best money angles they've done all year. It was violent, it was realistic, it was uncomfortable and it probably helped sell the PPV. Still think that they can't run with Axel much longer as the antagonist but he's doing well so far. Straight fantasy booking, but at the PPV if Punk is about to finally get revenge and Cabana ran in only to save Heyman...well...that would be a pretty good angle, I think.

When Ryback is harassing people backstage, does anyone else think of Big Bully Busick and Sid eventually coming out to destroy him?

If Ryback wears a derby and a sweater like Bully Busick did, Ryback'll have to get a manager named Chester that hops around him like a hamster on ludes and asks him if he wants to go play video games or go to the mall.

Then Ryback will just reply "Neh," and backhand pimp smack the shit out of Chester.

• Like 4

The threat isn't that if you intervene you will get fired, the threat is that you will be beat down night after night if you get involved.  An ironclad contract won't save you from that.

That being said, I wish they could do an angle where Show, Henry, etc. get fired for rescuing Daniel Bryan, then show up on Smackdown under masks as new iteration of the Machines.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who gets the feeling that, at some point, Shane-o-Mac is going to get involved in helping DBry againsat the rest of the evil McMahons?

If they bring in Linda to tell her husband and son-in-law to "Be a Star" and stop bullying poor, defenseless, goatface Bryan, how badly does that ruin the angle?