DVDVR Message Board

It was driving me nuts that last couple of minutes watching RAW as Daniel Bryan got his ass kicked. The crowd would have gone apeshit if Big Show did something and in the end it was like watching an episode of Nitro when the WCW locker room didn't have the balls to do shit against Hogan, Hall, and Nash.

Big Show had his fist ready. I thought for sure he was going to clock Orton when he walked past him to go to the locker room. That would have been such a great moment...but nothing.I wonder how long they can hold off Daniel Bryan getting his hands on Triple H. I'm still convinced it will be his Austin stunner moment the first time he gets the Yes Lock on Triple H.

I'll have to watch the AJ promo on Youtube. Sounds like I missed a rare gem.

I love the idea of calling Randy Orton the New Face of the WWE. It's awesome trolling, and they totally got people.

HHH proclaiming the belt as his personal property that Randy just holds the strap was also A+ troll work.

YES! And that Randy didn't have any issue with that. Just hilarious. This week's "SHIELD GUYS," moment. Triple H could pull this Vince thing off to great effect.

Fuck the Miz, Mark Henry is your man for a fucking war games match. Show, Henry, Dolph and Bryan, baby!

I love the idea of calling Randy Orton the New Face of the WWE. It's awesome trolling, and they totally got people.

HHH proclaiming the belt as his personal property that Randy just holds the strap was also A+ troll work.

YES! And that Randy didn't have any issue with that. Just hilarious. This week's "SHIELD GUYS," moment. Triple H could pull this Vince thing off to great effect.

Fuck the Miz, Mark Henry is your man for a fucking war games match. Show, Henry, Dolph and Bryan, baby!

Depending if he's game we might also add in HBK on the faces (Bryan's mentor) to counter HHH for the heels. I wish there was a way to easily transition Regal back into a WWE role so he could be Bryan's mentor type and get in on this.

AJ's promo is probably the best a female wrestler in the WWE has ever cut.   But Nattie is a fucking queen in the ring.  It's bullshit she's being tossed in with the rest.

That's the money match for them in the divas division. It's either people want to see Nattie take apart this cocky, smug princess who thinks she's better than reality TV or people want to see AJ take apart the Bellas because she's better than reality TV.

Why can't two men have a relationship without them being "gay lovers"?  Heyman was the father figure that Punk never had.  He's also a scumbag.  It's pretty easy to explain.

Two men can have a relationship without them being gay lovers.  See: The Primetime Players.  However, Heyman just screams "creepy gay uncle" who always insisted on giving Punk advice and pep talks while Punk was taking his post-match shower in the lockerroom.

When Daniel Bryan made his entrance, Big Show and Titus O'Neal did the "yes" finger pointing.  Darren Young, Miz, and Broadus Clay could be seen clapping.  Meanwhile, AJ seemed to be no-selling his entrance and turning away to talk to Big E Langston.  I could see them waiting to see how the crowds in multiple places react to Young and O'Neal before pulling the trigger on the Primetime Players being the guys who finally cross the line and Daniel Bryan.

The next Raws will be in Des Moines and Toronto, then, after Night of Champions, Cleveland and Chicago.  If your goal is to get an awesome crowd response that blows the roof off when someone finally helps Daniel Bryan, how are the fans in Des Moines?  Would you rather wait until Toronto?

AJ's promo was a certain portion of the writing crew and roster venting through her

I was thinking that.  It's the backstage expressing their hatred for the show.

I think this is all leading to Show and Ziggler finally interfering next week.  Hope they can still get a pop with that

Wait for Toronto. I don't know how long they want to stretch this out, but it wouldn't it make sense for them to have Show snap in the build to Survivor Series. Hopefully the finish there isn't decisive, hence the need for WARGAMES (and the match beyond).

Edit: just saw that Battlegrounds is before Survivor Series. Shit, I could see why Vince wouldn't want to do it, at least a month before you have your traditional survivor series match.

Depending if he's game we might also add in HBK on the faces (Bryan's mentor) to counter HHH for the heels. I wish there was a way to easily transition Regal back into a WWE role so he could be Bryan's mentor type and get in on this.

Regal shows up backstage, talks to DJ Maestro Maddox about getting more matches.  Later, he is caught on camera saying something bad about HHH while visiting Daniel Bryan.  HHH has Maddox give Regal a match to prove he deserves a spot.  It turns out to be a submission match against Daniel Bryan, which Bryan must win or else there's some bad consequence for him.

I think this really needed the ref calling for the bell, once the match was over, that some guys would run in to help because wasn't the stip they couldn't interfere in the match?  Or if Show dropped Orton with the WMD because he wasn't in the match so he couldn't come in to pick the bones. 

Tabe's irrational hatred of HEATHERS popped up in the movies thread around when I was watching AJ's promo and suddenly I'm digging the idea of her as Christian Slater in that movie, essentially being a more destructive Holden Caulfield lashing out at all the shallow reality show stuff, but going too far and hurting the wrong people along the way.

I've been hoping for AJ vs. the entire roster and that seems like a fun way to do it.  The next thing she needs to do is start wearing flannel and listening to Rush.

It helped that the Bella's were dressed like Katie Perry this week, like doubling down on the worst bubblegum corporate shit that won't ever stop being everywhere all the time.  I kind of hope they follow through on this.

I honestly can't think of one good reason to keep Miz on the roster.

He's the guy who does everything the company asks as far as personal appearances and all that. And he's a really good guy, listen to him on Cabana's show.. he really comes off as a great guy. That being said he needs to be a heel.
  • Like 5

I think this really needed the ref calling for the bell, once the match was over, that some guys would run in to help because wasn't the stip they couldn't interfere in the match?  Or if Show dropped Orton with the WMD because he wasn't in the match so he couldn't come in to pick the bones. 

I don't think there was an official stipulation.  It's just that they all fear how HHH will make their lives a living hell if they do anything.  It just takes one man to lead the charge.  It could be John Cena returning just long enough to call out the locker room before taking a beating.  It could be Bret Hart showing up in Toronto and cutting a promo about how HHH and the McMahons are a bunch of rats and people should stand up to him, leading to the Shield menacing him and Natalya dragging Khali out there to start the ball rolling.  It could be giving Regal one last month-long run where he defends Daniel Bryan and wins an improbable match at Night of Champions vs Dean Ambrose before losing a Raw rematch and getting slaughtered so brutally that it spurs the troops to action.

Shit, I could see why Vince wouldn't want to do it, at least a month before you have your traditional survivor series match.

They been doing a Hell in a Cell PPV for a few years now, thats 2 main event Cell matched on one PPV. Whats the difference, they been running gimmick concept PPVs before SS for a while now, so whats one main event gimmick match?