DVDVR Message Board

I guess I kind of felt ripped off on the show since I was expecting a set of matches similar to the last time Bryan ran the gauntlet. Knew as it got late in the show that wasn't happening but had already been anticipating it for a few hours by that point.

I'm enjoying Triple H as a heel for the first time since the late 90s. Wasn't as strong tonight as the promo last week was but 2 weeks in a row without wanting to turn the channel on is a huge improvement. 

Punks babyface run this time is 1,000,000x better than last time. Well that's probably not the right way to put it since a million times zero is still zero. He's a lot more entertaining this time around and it isn't all having Heyman to work against.

I suppose the end segment worked since the crowd started chanting for the right guy to make the save. 

I thought Heyman/Punk segment wasn't too bad, but it went a little long and Heyman is definitely going overboard with talking about how much he loves CM Punk.

AJ's promo was good though I have no idea what direction they were trying to go with her in it. She pretty much blasted show which would only get her cheers while also talking up how they should all be thanking her which was pretty heelish. If they wanted her to still be heel, they really should have thought more about what she was going to say.

I like how Big Show's iron clad contract has suddenly been forgotten.

BTW, why do wrestlers feel like they have to paint over someone's car to get revenge?  Why the hell don't they just act like men and take a baseball bat to the damn thing, like an ordinary person would do?

I guess the PG way of settling things is with the wacky pouring of things onto other stuff instead of assault by baseball bat.

• Like 1

I thought Heyman/Punk segment wasn't too bad, but it went a little long and Heyman is definitely going overboard with talking about how much he loves CM Punk.

AJ's promo was good though I have no idea what direction they were trying to go with her in it. She pretty much blasted show which would only get her cheers while also talking up how they should all be thanking her which was pretty heelish. If they wanted her to still be heel, they really should have thought more about what she was going to say.

I like how Big Show's iron clad contract has suddenly been forgotten.

AJ's promo was a certain portion of the writing crew and roster venting through her.

The more we watch this angle, the more this Austin vs Triple H rumored WM match seems unfortunately likely because Bryan is not going to get his revenge on Triple H.  Maybe Orton but even that I am not sure about.

Posted Image

The best thing about the Big Show chants is that it'll force the creative team to come up with an explanation for why his contract wasn't really ironclad.

I'm still not fully on board with what they're doing with Bryan. The problem is that he's playing with the hand that HHH deals him. He's not acting, he's reacting. He should be laying waste to Shield members backstage, not agreeing to gauntlet matches with them.

I love the idea of calling Randy Orton the New Face of the WWE. It's awesome trolling, and they totally got people.

I can't believe thhey didn't go with the obvious joke. "You say he's the WWE's face, but he's acting more like an ass."

I mean, come on, IT'S RIGHT THERE!!!

I'm kind of bummed. All Yoshi Tatsu does during Raw is retweet people saying they wish he was on Raw. He should be the first guy to try and save Daniel Bryan. He's got nothing to lose.

• Like 3

Chances this leads to a War Games match in a few months at that new PPV (Battleground) with The Shield, Orton (maybe HHH) vs. Bryan, Big Show, Ziggler, Henry (maybe Punk/Christian or another 5th guy)?

I would love that, but don't see it happening. A Survivor Series match at that PPV is more likely.

Chances this leads to a War Games match in a few months at that new PPV (Battleground) with The Shield, Orton (maybe HHH) vs. Bryan, Big Show, Ziggler, Henry (maybe Punk/Christian or another 5th guy)?

Posted Image

This will lead up very nicely to Survivor Series and/or a potential War Games.

• Like 1

I would love that, but don't see it happening. A Survivor Series match at that PPV is more likely.

Wow, 3 more months of this would be terrible, if it led to SS!

I'm kind of bummed. All Yoshi Tatsu does during Raw is retweet people saying they wish he was on Raw. He should be the first guy to try and save Daniel Bryan. He's got nothing to lose.

Well Tatsu did have the most protected finish in the company when he vanished..

I can see Battleground = War Games. All you do is change the name and fiddle with the rules or cage setup. They already did it with Elimination Chamber so who's to say they don't use this to be the big face vs. heel blowoff?

Sadly now I am seeing Miz as the fifth face and I'm very sad. If they merge Punk into this it could come off... but the booking afterward?