DVDVR Message Board

Television shows / episodes that fucked you up as a kid.

J.T.

The Curse fucked me up as a kid. Pretty bad movie but for some reason it got to me when I was 7 years old. Basically a meteorite crashes on some farm and it poisons the land. The animals eat crops that are poisoned by the meteorite and anyone who eats meat from one of those animals goes crazy. I was a little afraid to eat meat for about a week after I saw this movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Curse_%281987_film%29

I was always scared of alien stuff when I was a kid, so the Roswell episode of Unsolved Mysteries fucked me up pretty good.  I don't think I got a good night's sleep for a couple of weeks after that.

Greys definitely got to me, too.

I have vague recollections of an HBO special (?) in the early-mid '80s that featured some kind of a monster/being living in someone's closet. The only strong impressions that stick with me are it making that "come hither" motion with its finger and something about ... mashed potatoes? It's completely possible this is a confabulation, but I've been "sure" it was real for most of my life. No idea how you Google something like that. Anyone else remember this thing?

There were a bunch of demonically possessed car movies in late 70s / 80s. Def creeolpy factor. Esp The Car.

I went on the Universal Studios tour as a kid during the summer when the Jaws attraction did not work.  Their solution?  Drive by the Universal custom cars lot and have The Car honk the signature devil horn, flash its lights and rev its engine.  1000000% more frightening than the dumb mechanical shark.

• Like 1