DVDVR Message Board

Boardwalk Empire

ultimoDANK

Loved the 1st ep, but have this horrifying feeling that the big emotional moment of the season is going to be Richard finally not being able to shoot his way out of a situation and dying in a hail of bullets. I'm fully prepared to enjoy his Avenging Angel role until then though.

Also, fuck that girl for thinking she can just slide right into Billie's spot.

Good premiere. It's tough when you're up against Breaking Bad.

Are we supposed to know why Richard was killing those people? Also there must have been no forensics work back then. I'm a little worried what this does for Richard going forward, being so removed from all the main players.

The cuckold plot was entertaining and led to some great violence. That's a scary looking dude. Saving the Jeffrey Wright debut til next week was a smart move.

Are we supposed to know why Richard was killing those people?

I just assumed that he finally flipped after seeing what the bootlegging industry did to his one friend Jimmy and nearly did to Tommy and he's decided to go rogue and is working his way through the various tentacles of the business.

I think it is safe to say that Nucky is by far the least interesting character on this show now.  Why can't we just have the Chalky, Capone, and Richard Harrow show? 

I think this IS going to be the Chalky, Capone, and Richard show more than the Nucky show judging from this ep. 

The guy playing Frank Capone is cool as hell, I love the constant sarcastic/evil smirk on his face and the fact that he gave Al maybe the most prescient advice of his life telling him to let Torrio to take the heat and for him to stay in the shadows. 

It is really weird seeing Ron Livingston in this since I only know him from Office Space.

Wonder what the deal was with the note and the diagrams of Florida Nucky was looking at...

I think it is safe to say that Nucky is by far the least interesting character on this show now.  Why can't we just have the Chalky, Capone, and Richard Harrow show?

It is really weird seeing Ron Livingston in this since I only know him from Office Space.

You should watch Band of Brothers ASAP.

"MR THOMPSON IS PART OF EVERYTHING. HE IS IN THE SKY AND SEA. HE'S IN THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN AT NIGHT. HE IS ALL THAT THERE IS." Fuck yeah Eddie!

Love the opening sequence with Van Alden's deliveries. "Congratulations." "Condolences." "POW."

Valentin Narcisse is so cool and so fucking brutal. Also, poor Chalky.

"MR THOMPSON IS PART OF EVERYTHING. HE IS IN THE SKY AND SEA. HE'S IN THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN AT NIGHT. HE IS ALL THAT THERE IS." Fuck yeah Eddie!

Love the opening sequence with Van Alden's deliveries. "Congratulations." "Condolences." "POW."

Valentin Narcisse is so cool and so fucking brutal. Also, poor Chalky.

It might turn out that even though he doesn't like him, Chalky will end up rising to the next level by learning from his his dealings with Narcisse and not have to rely on Nucky so much or at all. Like the relationship Jax had with Damon Pope on Sons of Anarchy. He despised him for what he did to Opie but he he knew he was a much better criminal and could learn from how he did things.

You should watch Band of Brothers ASAP.

I've seen some of it. More my dad's thing than mine though we share the Boardwalk love. 

That ep was fucking insane. Richard Harrow made me cry with the dog (I just helped my best friend bury his cat who's been a friend for a decade now so I lost it, despite it being so Old Yeller it's ridiculous), the evil FBI agent makes himself known, poor Van Alden is as harrowed as ever -- plus takes a chairshot! -- we got a faux Marcus Garvey gangster pulling on everybody's chain... this season is gonna be the best.

I thought the introduction of J Edgar Hoover was pretty cool as well. I guess I shod have pegged the Iowa boy as being undercover but letting the dirty agent die it just seemed like he wanted that guys spot with Nucky.

Michael K Williams was so great in that scene where the asshole in the club rubs his head. Giving him a bigger role was a good call.

I enjoyed the Van Alden stuff because Michael Shannon is so compelling to watch but some of it was a little silly.

It is weird; Van Alden was a psycho murdering cop on the lamb and now he acts like he's totally in over his head since he got involved with the mob. I think it's because he has two kids and the Norwegian gal now and he's scared of losing everything again. The scene where he flips out about the couch speaks to that a lot. 

The FBI guy being a killer masquerading as a "hayseed" (to quote Stephen Root -- great cameo there) is the perfect part for a Hoover man, since Hoover was such a nut and thrived on guys like him being his underlings. Even though dude playing Hoover didn't look like him much he got the accent pretty close. 

I am really feeling for Chalky and Dunn. Chalky ripping on the doc for playing the race card, then getting shut down by Nucky and the doc deciding to kill the girl anyway does not bode well. There are a lot of combustible elements this season that will equal up to some serious shit going down.

Plus, Billie Kent.

Billie, Billie, Billie Kent. Squeeee.

Posted Image

This. Yes. So much.

I never get so wrapped up in fictional characters to the point where a scripted event upsets me (and yes, that includes wrestling angles). But...

Billie getting killed in the speakeasy bombing

literally had me SCREAMING WITH RAGE at my TV set. Even I was kinda shocked at my reaction.Really?

Cause that was my favorite part of the season. I fucking hated that character and was happy to see her die.

• Like 1

I never get so wrapped up in fictional characters to the point where a scripted event upsets me (and yes, that includes wrestling angles). But...

Billie getting killed in the speakeasy bombing

literally had me SCREAMING WITH RAGE at my TV set. Even I was kinda shocked at my reaction.

Really?Cause that was my favorite part of the season. I fucking hated that character and was happy to see her die.

You're probably still pissed that Lucy was put on a bus (on the show and in real life).

As a refresher, here's Billie's "Crowning Moment of Awesome," from a few scenes prior in the same episode:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnV3YQeSoNs