DVDVR Message Board

2015 NCAAF - WEEK 2

Dolfan in NYC

Florida Atlantic is really not that impressive a team but man Miami's offense is just putrid.  

Our whole team is putrid. I'm really hoping that Al Golden gets the Lane Kiffin "fired before you get off the team plane" treatment. In this case it would be the team bus but you know what I'm saying.

EVA, in picking games earlier today I only agreed with the Michigan picks. I really don't like LSU going into Starkville without so much as a tuneup, granted the score is likely to be low enough that they can climb into the game in the second half.

Not having that tune-up is definitely a concern for LSU, and they'll probably start slow because of that, but I watched all of State's game against Southern Miss last week (naturally), and I thought they looked like the last-place team in the West.

As good as Dak was last year, I think Josh Robinson's hard-nosed running was the real difference maker that helped them make the leap to being a contender. And based on last week, they haven't found anyone to replace him.

Southern Miss, which has had a shit-tastic secondary for about 10 years now, was also able to take De'Runnya Wilson out of the game (he basically had one big catch). I think LSU could easily do the same. They have a great looking secondary that has come a long way from when MSU tuned them up early last year.

I agree. I think Mississippi State graduated or lost too much talent from last year's squad to be a tough, super competitive opponent for its SEC schedule in the early part of the season. I think they will get better as the season progresses and could become a headache for a couple of teams down the stretch. Mullen placed all of his eggs in last season's basket. He's probably two or three years from thinking about pulling that off again if he ever does.

I really hope to see Jeremy Johnson against a nothing foe work his progression and redevelop some confidence as a passer. If he throws an INT today, I think we have real reason to be worried. Auburn has not won in Baton Rouge since 1999, and I really want to end that trend next week.

Dear Lord, Jax State is shredding the mighty Boom's defense.

"Boom is going to improve Auburn's defense this year" was maybe the biggest myth of the offseason. They have maybe one player in their back 7 that could play for Alabama or LSU.

Wow, James Franklin looks like an asshole getting pissed at his OL for getting hurt and causing the 10-second runoff to end the half.

I understand the frustration, but geez, man. At least look a little concerned about the guy who's down.

Wow, James Franklin looks like an asshole getting pissed at his OL for getting hurt and causing the 10-second runoff to end the half.

I understand the frustration, but geez, man. At least look a little concerned about the guy who's down.

Well as long as Harbaugh is there he knows that the award for biggest asshole of the Big Ten is safe

Yeah, I mean, it's the same reason Jeremy Johnson was a pre-season Heisman candidate: He looks the part.

Exactly. And then he's going to "make all the throws" on Penn State's pro day and go two or three rounds too high, followed by being crushed from heightened expectations instead of being a third rounder who gets a chance to develop a few years...

SEC refs taking charge of the Auburn game now.

They don't call Shon Coleman STO'ing a Jax State rusher on the TD pass, and then they call back-to-back holds on Jax State when they got into Auburn territory again.

LOL. Don't make it so obvious, guys.