DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Giulia vs Tam finals.

Maika has won the Future of Stardom belt.

August 22nd & 23rd, Stardom ..double header "STARDOM YOKOHAMA CINDERELLA 2020" in the new Yokohama Budokan. Stardom will be the first wrestling promotion to use that hall.

Giulia vs Tam for the finals was a bit predictable.  With the Yokohama shows, I'd think they would have saved that match for one of those shows seeing that it's probably the biggest feud right now.  Can't really predict what will main event either show.

Actually its kind of weird in that it works regardless of the red belt match result due to Kyona having a rivalry with Utami in general. The titles could be a consolation prize for Kyona not getting the red belt or a Utami/Saya victory could be used to set up Utami as her first challenger seeing that Kyona has never beat her in a singles match.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Spoiler

AZM pinned Kid to win the High Speed Championship.

Utami & Saya won the tag titles. Himeka and Maika will challenge them.

Syuri will face Mayu for the red title at Yokohama.

Giulia won the Wonder of Stardom title.

Pity about Hoshino. Thought she had charisma and was a bit fiery. I was looking forward to her taking on Kamitami in the future.

None of the results are super surprising though I was hoping the title matches would go the other way aside from the High Speed result.

Most surprising thing to me is Yoneyama over Natsu in the GP. She hadn't participated in five years so I didn't really consider her an option.

• Like 1

Its probably not safe to assume neither champ wins. Could also the chance to build up someone from the mid card as a challenger to Mayu or Giulia. Momo, Utami, & Konami are just the most likely choices.

Edited by Eivion

Togi? Hopefully he give Natsuko some pointers. Right now she actually reminds me of mid-2000s Togi where I thought he needed someone outside of NJPW to teach him a bit on being a wild brawler type. I specifically was thinking Apache Army at the time so I was pretty damn happy when it happened. Natsuko needs something like that. 

• Like 1

Whole lot to process from Stardom's Yokohoma press conference.  Big things coming out are Tam and Giulia are having a rematch for the White Belt (which seems oddly soon) and Jungle Kyona & Konami are facing Natsuko Tora & Saki Kashima with the stipulation if Kyona and Konami lose, TCS are disbanded.  Yuna Manase who also just left TJPW will be wrestling on one of the shows.

• Thanks 1

The cards look good though there are at least three matches happening that probably shouldn't be in Momo's matches with Mayu & Giula & Tam/Giulia II. I just don't see how a rematch happening so soon is good for either. Those Momo matches feel like a waste of good main events they could have sold further down the line at other big shows.

Not sure what to think of the TCS/OT stip.

Yuna showing up again is neat. She actually signed to another DDT promotion in Ganbere Wrestling. Wonder if it means Bushiroad & Ogawa are open to working with Takagi & co. or if its just a one off allowed because Stardom is where Manase debuted.

Itsuki Hoshino is having her last final matches before retirement there as well..

• Like 1

Only thing that would make sense with the two Momo matches is that it's setting her winning the GP and having to chose which belt to go for, using these two matches as a preview.

Without Hana, it doesn't seem like TCS should continue, especially with the messiness with Kyoko and Bushiroad/Fuji Tv.  OT could sure use another member since they're a bit shorthanded right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nofuture said:

Without Hana, it doesn't seem like TCS should continue, especially with the messiness with Kyoko and Bushiroad/Fuji Tv.  OT could sure use another member since they're a bit shorthanded right now.

I actually think its a bad look to end TCS so soon after Hana's death. Also don;t think any of TCS aside from maybe Konami would fit in with Oedo Tai, and joining would do exactly jack and shit for basically any of TCS position/character wise. It also creates bloat problems later when Jamie & Bea are able to come back. OT is fine at its size. If they need to add another member it would be better to search the scene for another freelancer.

• Like 1