DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Results went mostly as excepted. I'm actually a little disappointed as I was hoping things would be slightly less predictable.

Syuri signing isn't too surprising after she pulled out of Ice Ribbon. I was kind of hoping she wouldn't though as she doesn't do a huge amount for me despite thinking she is solid.

Jungle is pretty much stuck as a "good hand", the person that helps make the top person.  I know people want to book her redemption story, but Stardom's booking is never that nuanced.  They're pretty good at beating over your head who they want on top.

For all the worries about WWE coming in and raiding all the joshi talent with NXT Japan, Stardom has been doing a good enough job themselves cherry picking some of the better available talent.  Mina and Natsumi are good pick ups to bolster their midcard, and more importantly for Stardom, good merch sellers.  Syuri is also a good pick up for the upper mid card/white title scene.  Stardom are definitely loading up for when things get back to normal.

2 hours ago, nofuture said:

Jungle is pretty much stuck as a "good hand", the person that helps make the top person.  I know people want to book her redemption story, but Stardom's booking is never that nuanced.  They're pretty good at beating over your head who they want on top.

I think Kyona eventually holds a top title. I just don't think she gets a big run with it.

So angry people on Twitter (I know!) are happy that TCS disbanded because they don't want Hana's legacy associated with Stardom. I know they haven't exactly been helpful towards Kyoko. Anything else? Ogawa's general shittiness/exploitive behaviour? 

I mean it's a pretty messy, no win situation all around for all party's involved.  Stardom could have easily exploited the situation and cashed in on her death.  I think people are mad that TCS got disbanded and how it happened, but I don't see what else they could really do (of course not known who owes TCS, etc).

4 hours ago, Jiji said:

So angry people on Twitter (I know!) are happy that TCS disbanded because they don't want Hana's legacy associated with Stardom. I know they haven't exactly been helpful towards Kyoko. Anything else? Ogawa's general shittiness/exploitive behaviour? 

Its basically just the Kyoko thing which was an issue more with Bushiroad itself than Stardom. Even there Kyoko's anger is a bit misdirected as Bushiroad basically can't really support with her without getting fucked by Fuji TV. Some are also under the incorrect impression Bushiroad just let what happened to Hana happen. In reality Hana signed her contracts before Bushiroad bought Stardom, and they actually tried to get her out of it only to be told off by Fuji TV. Anything else is just people conflating other issues they have with Stardom into it.

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

I mean it's a pretty messy, no win situation all around for all party's involved.  Stardom could have easily exploited the situation and cashed in on her death.  I think people are mad that TCS got disbanded and how it happened, but I don't see what else they could really do (of course not known who owes TCS, etc).

Stardom owns TCS. That isn't really even in question. The group died partially because of the baggage involved. That said, I think its mostly a case of Hana passing, Arisa retiring, & the pandemic itself had cause an imbalance in the factions. DDM is running around with every member being an elite. QQ has more or less hit that point as well. Oedo Tai was lacking members with even Natsu apparently needing time off for shoulder surgery. STARS was left with only Mayu & Tam as power players. With TC just Konami & Kyona. Breaking up TCS was more about bolstering Oedo Tai & STARS. I'm not a fan of it because I feel like Kyona & Konami could have made TCS work on their own, and there was something nice about the group kind of hoarding the people who didn't necessarily fit in with everyone else. That said, I can see the reasoning for why. I do think how they got there was poorly done to a degree since it made Kyona look a bit dumb.

Edited by Eivion

I mean... There was more to TCS than Hana, Kyona & Konami but Yoneyama is way past ger prime and doing her comedy schtick and Hanacito is still to green. Then there are the gaijin members who can't really travel or were never more than enhancement workers.

I doubt Kairi is coming back since she is now a WWE International Ambassador because she and Kyona could reform Jungle Pirates and go to war with Odeo Tai. 

OR... I can stop daydreaming and just accept that Kyona is the #4 face in STARS

James

Teams for the Goddess League

The rules for this year are odd. Apparently the teams will actually be facing the teams in the other block opposed to their own. I'm guessing this has something to do with the overall amount of teams being down 2 this year.

Kyona is out indefinitely. I assume these injuries were the biggest factors now to why TCS died.

Not really surprised about Jungle, looks like she's been running ragged for a long time now.  Sumire Natsu is also getting shoulder surgery and will be out for a while too.

Doing a quick look at the Tag League block, I'm expecting a Bea Priestley & Konami vs Giulia & Maika Finals with the Black Widows winning it all.

• 2 weeks later...