DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

So a supershow of some sort as expected. Sounds like they won't be pulling any dream matches, just each promotion doing an offer match. I'm not super surprised. This was talked about as a possibility when COVID hit months ago. 

The most surprising thing here is both Stardom and Ice Ribbon getting involved. Even before Giulia jumping most figured they wouldn't work on the same show.

10/1 is the day after the recently extended guidelines for attendance end. Also it is at an outdoor venue. My guess is that they will sell all of the seats. 

The tickets have been split up between the companies. Marvelous has already sold out. Others have sold out of the most expensive tickets so far.

Being Japanese wrestling, the announcement of this cooperation also includes the announcement of Hotta's new promotion, T-HEARTS. There seems to be such a need for another company with like 3 wrestlers.

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

I'm just glad Akira Hokuto is back.  I guess she is in remission.

She started a youtube cooking channel earlier this year.

Emi Sakura explained on ChocoTalk why Gatoh Move isn't involved.

Edited by Eivion

3 hours ago, gordi said:

I'm surprised that Diana isn't involved.

It comes across as particularly odd when you consider they and Seadlinnng are owned by the same parent company. I can only guess its of similar reasons that Emi Sakura's Gatoh Move couldn't participate which is they could not afford it financially.

• Thanks 1

I think Rossy announced Kid/AZM for the high Speed belt during the press conference. It was apparently up and then taken down on their Japanese twitter.

Edit: Kid vs. AZM is official

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

So I don;t pay much attention to TJPW. Any idea where either is likely to go? I know some want Maki back in Stardom, but she supposedly had attitude issues when she was there, and is not welcome back. That was also several years ago now so time does tend to heal some wounds.

Big Davey Meltz interviewed Debbie Malenko recently. Two awkward people but some good information. Shockingly, she said Hokuto had unparalleled psychology ? and keeping up with Toyota was a pain in the ass (said it was great for the fans though). She guilted Dave a bunch which he didn't really play along with and then he ends the interview on a downer question because he has the social capabilities of an autistic adolescent. She loaned Dave a Disney umbrella that Bull gifted her and he never returned it. There are people that would cut somebody for that umbrella, hahaha. 

• Like 1