Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread


NikkySan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Suwama will launch a women's wrestling group. "Evolution" Co., Ltd was established this month and they started recruiting new female trainees. They aim to debut at the AJP Budokan Show in Tokyo on September 18.  

It is a separate organization from AJPW. One that will partner up with AJPW. So another AJPW successor promotion formed on their 50th year. Shuji will help. No name yet for the new group.

A press conference about it all at the end of this month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Suwama will launch a women's wrestling group. "Evolution" Co., Ltd was established this month and they started recruiting new female trainees. They aim to debut at the AJP Budokan Show in Tokyo on September 18.  

It is a separate organization from AJPW. One that will partner up with AJPW. So another AJPW successor promotion formed on their 50th year. Shuji will help. No name yet for the new group.

A press conference about it all at the end of this month.

Well that's interesting. Looking forward to hearing more.

Have to shout out last Friday's SEAdLINNNG show, the return of Amazon tagging with Rina Yamashita against Las Fresa, a 6 man Tag I've got in my top 10 womens matches of the year to date with Miyuki Takase, Hiroyo Matsumoto & DASH Chisako vs Yuu, Ryo Mizunami & Yoshiko and then Riko Kaiju challenged Nakajima for the Beyond The Sea belt in a match that really raised Kaiju with how much heart she showed throughout.

If I end up in a position of needing to cut back on how much wrestling I watch, SEAd is definitely #1 priority to keep watching 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, quackhell said:

Shame to see someone so young afflicted with Mayuism.

 

She has been in Stardom for 11 years. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The first Freelance Summit NOMADS' show is on tomorrow 7pm Japan/11am UK/6am US East Coast. They have a fun looking card

Momoka Hanazono vs Tae Honma
Hikari Shimizu, Rina Amikura & Yuko Sakurai vs Kaori Yoneyama, Maika Ozaki & Makoto
Hiroyo Matsumoto vs Kaho Kobayashi
ASUKA & Yuu vs SAKI & Saori Anou
Maya Yukihi & Rina Yamashita vs Miyuki Takase & Ryo Mizunami

Being broadcast on Zaiko for ¥3,500 (or about $27)

 

I'm senile and thought it was Friday today. So yeah it's tomorrow, not today 

Edited by Kropotkin's Beard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems Rossy wants Gaijin but Bushiroad may not want much female non natives. Anyway to me the Japanese women are better than most western trained women.  They run the ropes better and do most of the small things better. Less of those western shindy flaws.

Stardom is expected to exceed NJPW. With the age and injuries and etc.. I wouldn't be surprised if NJPW further de-evolved back into being the psychology based promotion in the future. 

The Mayu trainee rumor was debunked months ago. There was no trainee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Seems Rossy wants Gaijin but Bushiroad may not want much female non natives. Anyway to me the Japanese women are better than most western trained women.  They run the ropes better and do most of the small things better. Less of those western shindy flaws.

That is an interesting change if true. Bushiroad wanted gaijin members on the roster originally. I guess they are fine with just Thekla or are trying to avoid potential dependence on them like NJPW has. Kind of figured the original touring gaijin model they used wasn't returning anyways since that was mostly about filling out the cards.  They have a big enough roster now and seem perfectly willing to work with outsiders to to add something special to bigger cards.

3 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

The Mayu trainee rumor was debunked months ago. There was no trainee.

Wasn't it debunked by Sonny a year ago or more? Odd to hear about it again. It seemingly was more something Mayu wanted to do and either never did or or maybe no one measured up to make it worth it for her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That is an interesting change if true. Bushiroad wanted gaijin members on the roster originally. I guess they are fine with just Thekla or are trying to avoid potential dependence on them like NJPW has. Kind of figured the original touring gaijin model they used wasn't returning anyways since that was mostly about filling out the cards.  They have a big enough roster now and seem perfectly willing to work with outsiders to to add something special to bigger cards.

Wasn't it debunked by Sonny a year ago or more? Odd to hear about it again. It seemingly was more something Mayu wanted to do and either never did or or maybe no one measured up to make it worth it for her.

They would've already used more non Japanese citizens but so far they haven't. Thekla is a friend of Giulia so it was expected of her to Join Stardom.

The SWA title rules will have to bended in more Kayfabey ways. So more mixed admixture women, outer space aliens, or Koreans, etc.

I keep seeing the Mayu trainee thing brought up elsewheres.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...