DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Jesus, that final part of that is such a pain in the ass. The easiest time I had with it was when me and three randoms stole a cop car, rode it until the wheels fell off, managed to steal another one and made it with two seconds left to spare.

One of them complained the entire way about how much money we lost along the way. Heists with randoms never ceased to be entertaining. I'm still XBox friends with a guy I met doing the Trevor heist.

Shit, I meant Lazer, not Hydra for the Deathmatches.

There's a way to do the Pac Standard finale without losing a single dollar. PetrolCB has done it about a million times. I was there for two of them. You need to own the apartment that's near where the bikes are stowed and have a Kuruma in that garage. Have one person pick up all the money, and protect them during the run to the bikes (stay in the bank while they clear the street, then have two people clear the front while one watches the back). Ignore the bikes, hide from the cops until the game lets you into the apt, then Kuruma drive up the Pacific Coast and around to the boat (don't go the way the game wants you to, with the roadblocks and the parachute jump. Go like you were doing the Fleeca job again).

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Shit, I meant Lazer, not Hydra for the Deathmatches.

There's a way to do the Pac Standard finale without losing a single dollar. PetrolCB has done it about a million times. I was there for two of them. You need to own the apartment that's near where the bikes are stowed and have a Kuruma in that garage. Have one person pick up all the money, and protect them during the run to the bikes (stay in the bank while they clear the street, then have two people clear the front while one watches the back). Ignore the bikes, hide from the cops until the game lets you into the apt, then Kuruma drive up the Pacific Coast and around to the boat (don't go the way the game wants you to, with the roadblocks and the parachute jump. Go like you were doing the Fleeca job again).

Yeah, this method is a bit altered now, on PS4 at least, to have no cops at the end. Works everytime. I'd honestly never take the bikes since the new route, and never liked taking them in general. Granted, I hate heisting now and only use it to raise people's cash count or because there is nothing happening at the moment. 

Money guy takes the cash, waits until the coast is clear, runs out then back in. One of the crowd controllers books it to the bikes while two stay near the bank and kill the cops. If you're wearing a heist vest and are also doing the run, put a scarf on before running out of the bank. You retain the armor, but the game doesn't realize it and let's you sprint normally. The runner blows up the bikes and suicides. Upon restart, one of the crowd controllers legs it to the Kuruma garage next door. Everyone gets in the car. Now, there's two ways to do this next step: blow up the bikes again or (like I prefer), sticky them (because it buys the driver 10-15 secs of easy driving). 

Speed out north on Alta (street the bank is on), sticky bomb guy detonates when the "out of bounds" clock hits 10 seconds, bypass the fruit stand, go down the valley, through the tunnel, left on the paved road. 

Follow the route as indicated. After you pass the bridge that "Convoy" is at, make a left up the hill next to that flatbed trailer. Up the hill through the tunnel, snake around the hillside to the next indicated checkpoint. Follow the dirt road. Where that nudist camp is, drive up the hill, to the wooden bridge. Drive off and stick the landing or take your time creeping.

Stars are gone and you can leisurely drive the boat to the yellow circle with a good amount of cash. Money guy should also be ducking the entire car ride.

Or you could, you know, do whatever the fuck you want. 

On 8/24/2016 at 3:05 AM, J.T. said:
On 8/24/2016 at 6:01 PM, Robert C said:

Goddamn, Petrol. I feel like I just watched Ocean's 11. Do you plan heists in real life?

If you guys are wanting to do heists and need a person, I haven't done them with my second character and would be happy to pitch in.

Edit: I cannot get rid of the quotes on mobile for some reason - disregard them.

• Like 1

Managed to get Mercenaries called on me during a deathmatch again . Team Deathmatch at the Strip Club, five in the lobby, levels 160, 94 (me), 91, 91 and 8. Teams break down as Team 1: 160, 91 and 91. Team 2, me and the 8. And then my teammate quits the match in the first ten seconds (which probably helped, actually). Get it to 1-1 and started retreating on foot towards the Hospital so they can't use their numbers advantage, but they manage to surround me and get a 2-1 lead. Go up the flyover, get a sniper kill on the guy tracking me, try to get a car and get run over. 2-2. Respawn in the car park, jump in a car and drive away. Mercs get called. Stop to kill some Mercs, they catch up, drive away again. Up a hill, over the crest, the Mercs are sticking to the roadbut one of them's done a blip reveal and chased me. Stop and get out, the guy who's tailing me flies over the hilltop and crashes. Advanced Rifle kill, 3-2 to me. Drive some more, and I'm heading to Sandy Shores airfield, but the Mercs get me. The blip reveal guy then suicides to respawn near the map, but they don't lose the point like you do in Vehicle Deathmatches. The guy who didn't chase me has apparently got AFK at some point. I say hello headshot, 4-2. Go up onto the freeway, two of them assume I'm in a car and get in one to chase me. Sticky Boom, 6-2. Then I get shot, 6-3, and... what's that? There's only ten seconds left? I can win easily by the mere act of not doing a fast respawn? Well, then. Sucks to be you guys.

I won by spending 98% of the match by running away. The Cristobal technique.

I kinda had fun whoring myself out as an associate for a gang of kinda-low level guys this afternoon. One dude we ran into could work both the RPG like a gun in close combat and the plane, so I died a tremendous amount, but when he fucked off, it got fun.

The highlight (damn near brought a manly tear to my eye): We started that "protect the VIP" one and it was near the beach. Some guy wandered down there to fuck with us and got treated to a beach party, DVDR style. He had three of us spawn sniping him repeatedly. I kept waiting for him to quit, but he managed to try to escape in a car. Note "try." I Allah Akbared him out of his shoes and was ready to FINISH HIM when VIP started another minigame.

Oh yeah, one kid had one of those new Supers and wrecked every 15 seconds. He let me drive it and I hit one car. I wanted to text him and say "just cause you can drive fast don't mean you should." I probably mashed the brakes more than the gas.

• Like 2

On 18/09/2016 at 3:13 AM, Cristobal said:

Whatever you say, Leeroy

What's more likely, me winning a Deathmatch using your tactics, or you winning a Deathmatch using my tactics?

Actually, how do you do in them with your camping spots, now you haven't got the Team Carrier charging around perpetual motion, flushing the other team from cover every ten seconds? Finish 0-0 all the time?

If you wanted to be a VIP, you had to invest a shit-ton of money into an office and warehouses to store your loot in, etc. Then, actually finding the people to help and moving the loot was problematic, which didn't guarantee a return on investment.

If you want to be the head of a biker gang, you've gotta invest in a clubhouse, and I'd say that won't be the end of it.

Everybody says "Shark Cards, boo," but I've gotten to the point where I have much more admiration for R* finding new ways to make people want to buy the damn things. I hate that this will probably screw with minigames even more, but am interested to see how being able to team with seven other players instead of just three is going to change the dynamic of the game.

I do believe I won't be plunking down the dough for a clubhouse, though, so I'll always be a hired hand. We'll see.

It will kinda change the dynamic a bit. One of our favorite things to do was punish some poor sap 5 or so on 1, but if everybody's in a got-dang motorcycle gang, everybody's got backup. This means more gigantic scrums, which I'm sure is fine by Robert, but is always too much for me to keep track of.

1 hour ago, jstout said:

It will kinda change the dynamic a bit. One of our favorite things to do was punish some poor sap 5 or so on 1, but if everybody's in a got-dang motorcycle gang, everybody's got backup. This means more gigantic scrums, which I'm sure is fine by Robert, but is always too much for me to keep track of.

I feel right at home in those big chaotic scrums.  I got a 20 month old son, 3 big dogs and 4 cats.  It's basically like being in my living room at bedtime.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Honestly deathmatches are pretty well pointless on PS4. Everything is either unarmed/melee combat or a "parkour" thing. I can't remember the last one I did.

Last time I got on, maybe 3 weeks ago, I had a DM as one of my dailies.  Took me about 20 tries to find one that didn't have parkour, XP or $$$ in the title.  They really need to do something about that shit.  It almost makes me nostalgic for the endless Seal Team 6 invites.  Almost.

The one DM I finally ended up doing was a user created one at the impound lot.  The guy had put a crap ton of weapons inside the impound lot, but had the default weapon set to pistol.  He ate a couple of headshots, allowing me to grab all the weapons before he could.  First time I've made a guy rage quit his own DM.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Last time I got on, maybe 3 weeks ago, I had a DM as one of my dailies.  Took me about 20 tries to find one that didn't have parkour, XP or $$$ in the title.

Just host a vehicle deathmatch. Some low leveller will be so excited at the thought of getting to drive a tank or fly a jet that they'll join. Get through that, and the default next job voting screen is for proper R* Deathmatches. If you psychologically manipulate your opponents by letting them get kills late on, so it finishes with the scores close and they think they're improving, might have a shot at beating you next time...  you'd be astonished how many people will accept strings of rematches.

I don't wear the Hustler tattoo because I don't want my marks to figure out I'm grifting them (I'll be wearing Belly Pistols in about 80-ish kills time). I once lost at Tennis because I got so used to jobbing points to prevent the victim rage quit that accounts for most of my wins... that I left myself too much to do, and the not good opponent could nurse his lead to win the set just by splitting games. But then he spawned next to me in freemode, which wasn't good for him at all.

Screw scrums. I hate it when I get sniped by some guy behind me who I didn't even know was there because I was so focused on the guy in front of me.

Basically, like Dan shanking me during deathmatches. I like to stay still in cover too much, and there are times it costs me.

Fired up the VIPing today. Couldn't do much because if one team is doing a VIP event, no one else can. I like the competition ones, like seeing who can get the most money by robbing stores.

5 hours ago, Robert C said:

I'm more concerned about how much they're gonna cost to blow up.  I'm desperately hoping a biker gang rolls up on me in formation.  I just don't wanna go bankrupt sending em all to a fiery death.

dLLOpns.jpg 

I cannot wait for that to happen as well.

• Like 3