DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I am home with a sick kid so I was touching up my race since I figure "fuck it" I will publish so those who are on tonight can do it.

A couple of things if you too have a created race (Dolfan I know especially this would apply to)

- the new vehicles are not automatically added to the race. You have to go in and manually add them

- the default for user created races appears to be Non-Contact. Luckily I was double checking my settings and I noticed that and switched it back to Standard.

Now I guess it could be because mine is just "saved" and not "published" but still

I wish there was a way to have a choice of different vehicle classes in a race.

Id love to make my Mad Mad race where you could puck from the vehicles in the movie: moving truck, vw bug, cadillac, etc...

Oh. I just had funny idea for my race.

Did Stocks and Scares with mis and stout last night.  Didn't see any announcement about this one, but it's definitely different now.  You've got to have some serious strategy now.  JT will love it.  Took us three tries to work out a successful approach, and even the third run was close to failure.

Just about filled up my second garage.  Got customs of Gauntlet, Sanchez, Bati 800, Sandking XL, Sentinel XS, Blista and Sultan.  Thanks to Stout for finding the Sultan.  All three of us got the new Zentorno supercar, and set out on a quest to make it even uglier.

Did Stocks and Scares with mis and stout last night.  Didn't see any announcement about this one, but it's definitely different now.  You've got to have some serious strategy now.  JT will love it.  Took us three tries to work out a successful approach, and even the third run was close to failure.

Rooftop Rumble was the only mission annouced to be buffed but Melraz and I smoked it even on Hard difficulty.

Dry Docking however kicked our asses.  I approve of the increase in quality of opposition given to Merryweather.  They should be much more formidable than the street gangs and renegade bikers we're used to dealing with.

Just about filled up my second garage.  Got customs of Gauntlet, Sanchez, Bati 800, Sandking XL, Sentinel XS, Blista and Sultan.  Thanks to Stout for finding the Sultan.  All three of us got the new Zentorno supercar, and set out on a quest to make it even uglier.

I have a Bati 800RR, an Elegy RH8, a Phoenix, an Entity, a Mesa Off-Road (RIP being able to grap vehicles from missions), the new Dinka Thrust, and a Sultan.

I think that I am going to get a Picador to mod as a low rider and the Massacro and a clean Rebel will round out my garage.

If another vehicle strikes my fancy, I will probably just swap out one car for another.  I don't really feel the need to get another garage.

Is the Sanchez moddable yet?

I modded a bunch of stuff on it.  I don't remember all of them but I know I did the engine and armor.  I got the Livery version, just because that's what the guy I rammed into head on up by Sandy Shores was driving.  I've never owned one before, so I don't know if this is different from the past.

There will be a weekend event associated with the release of the High Life update this past Tuesday.

Events of particular interest to Mark will be highlighted in all bold:

DOUBLE GTA$ PAYOUTS ON HIGH STAKES IMPROMPTU RACES

We've upped the ante especially for those who live in Los Santos' fast lane. Money doesn't grow on trees but it does hang from the helpless saps cruising the LS streets and all weekend, High Stakes Impromptu Races will make plucking it from them all the sweeter. Stakes and payouts to Impromptu Races will be doubled so lining up in your Pegassi Zentorno against a mark carries exhilirating big time risk and reward. You can start an Impromptu Race via the Interaction Menu and remember: you've got to accelerate to accumulate.

BET LIMIT INCREASED FOR ALL JOBS
Put your money where your mouth is. For all high rollers, the Max Bet limit for all Jobs will be raised to GTA$10,000 so you can lay both cash and cajones on the table.

TRIPLE RP IN GOLF AND TENNIS

And because even relaxation should come with an attractive rate of return, all golf and tennis RP bonuses will be tripled all weekend. That means a birdie will see you earn 600 RP while a cheeky hole-in-one on the short Hole 6 will put 3000 RP on your scorecard and turn your opponents greener than the fairway.

EVENT CRATE DROPS
Look for a windfall of valuable commodities dropping from on high with Event Crate Drops falling from the skies in such locations as the Vinewood Sign, the Observatory, Del Perro Pier, La Fuenta Blanca horse stables and the Vinewood Racetrack. The Crates will be stuffed with huge RP bonuses as well as GTA$ stacks, heavy-duty RPGs, miniguns, sticky bombs and more.

#HIGHLIFE SNAPMATIC CONTEST

Snap your flashiest shots showing off exactly how you're living the High Life between now and end of day Sunday and tag them #HIGHLIFE for a chance to win big. We're looking for your most epic, most creative, most amusing or most artfully composed moments over the weekend featuring any of the new apartments, luxury vehicles, toasts/celebrations, haute outfits, or weaponry from The High Life Update. We'll pick five (5) favorites to award GTA$1M as well as the exclusive 'HIGHLIFE' in-game vanity license plate to deck out your shiny new ride.

Max bets this weekend are now up to $10K.  Pick a winner, Rippa.

And 3X RP for Golf & Tennis?  Poor Mark.  He'd have to play against an actual human being to get the RP bonus for a Tennis match this weekend..   :lol:

I am naturally really pissed off that they pick the weekend where I have to work day shift with the 82nd Airborne and where my girlfriend and my kid will be at my apartment and Godzilla will hit theaters for there to be an increase of Special Crate drops.

I am convinced that I will never ever get my fucking Los Santos Belle t-shirt but at least my daughter will crown me Father of the Year after pizza and kaiju on Saturday night.

Rooftop Rumble was the only mission annouced to be buffed but Melraz and I smoked it even on Hard difficulty.

Dry Docking however kicked our asses.  I approve of the increase in quality of opposition given to Merryweather.  They should be much more formidable than the street gangs and renegade bikers we're used to dealing with.

There was a never ending spawn of Merryweather guys starting right at the beginning of the mission.  We took out more than 60 of them on the one run we completed.  They were spawning both inside and outside the building.  To make it harder, the guys outside didn't just come up the alleyway beside the building.  Stout tried taking cover near the door the second time, but they kept spawning behind him.  The only strategy we could come up with was mis on the hacking/safe cracking, me in cover inside the building handling the random spawns inside, and Stout outside well away from the doorway and in cover behind a car.  We took some damage but it finally worked.  Definitely made us think about shit, which was a nice change.

I have a Bati 800RR, an Elegy RH8, a Phoenix, an Entity, a Mesa Off-Road (RIP being able to grap vehicles from missions), the new Dinka Thrust, and a Sultan.

I think that I am going to get a Picador to mod as a low rider and the Massacro and a clean Rebel will round out my garage.

If another vehicle strikes my fancy, I will probably just swap out one car for another.  I don't really feel the need to get another garage.

My original garage has 7 supercars (5 bought during the free money days) in it, and one high end sports car.  The second one is full with all that stuff I listed plus the Tailgater, Mesa, and my modded Baller.  I've still got about $4M left for 2 more.  Thinking about getting a Massacro, but I want to try it out in a few races first.  Thinking about a convertible Banshee too.  They're not very good cars, but I like driving them when I can steal one.

He's on his second beer now. Happy birthday, Private Pyle. May you never be promoted.

Speaking of which, man, I can show you how to turn off that "display your birthday" bullshit in Facebook. I've got mine turned off. I like to go through birthdays without anyone noticing but my mom. I hate all those sorta-friend-acquaintances-whatever wishing you happy birthday when they wouldn't know when your birthday is without that damn Facebook telling them. And I didn't notice anybody was making me wanna punch walls yet today with #TBT. 

Yeah, Stocks and Scares is RADICALLY different. Coveted is not. I would say soloing Stocks and Scares would be damn near impossible, and doing it with two would be a challenge. Three's good provided the person who keeps watch inside the building while someone's breaking into the safe is damn good at what they do. After I figured out the position to be outside, outside was REALLY easy. 

I'm interested to see if they've messed with Extradition.

That one new mission where you have to kill the five dudes was fun, but I was useless in that car while Robert saved my ass in the (use French pronounciation) Buzz-ard. Next time: two Buzz-ards.

Looking for that Sultan was so much fun. Looking for the Bagger was less fun. We couldn't get that damn thing to spawn no matter what. I think that's gonna be one of those deals where you just find it as you're driving around sometime, hunting it is useless. We at least had the lead that the Sultan spawns at the prison. The Bagger spawns at the golf course, but it was in no mood last night.

Is anyone else not gettting Simeon's list of five cars to steal? What the hell, I love that stuff.

And how is R* going to super-special crate drops when they can't do regular crate drops? The rest of those "special" events looks like crap, because I need more RP like a hole in the head, and I'm not a ramblin', gamblin' man like Rippa.

I raced the Zentorno for a while last night after Mis and Robert left, and in some races it seemed unnecessarily floppy, but in one really tight, really fun user-created race I stumbled across, it cornered awesomely. I couldn't get a bead on its speed because every race I ran was either psychotically jumpy (I bookmarked a great one with a ramp that spits you out upside-down) or the guy witih the cool user-created race was stopping and letting us catch up. 

It's a beautifully ugly beast, but I'm not sure the Zentorno is better than the Entity overall, and I don't see the need for both. I'll probably keep both until I get desperate for garage space, then make a decision.

At one point MIs had his painted the most insane brown/green color combination. My favorite part of the game now is painting cars. I was stealing cars to paint them just to test out different combinations of the paint jobs with the pearlescent overspray. The chrome and pearlescent doesn't seem to work well together, except in red. The Lime Green looks boss, too, but I've gotta do 14 more stunt jumps to unlock it. I'll put that on the list. 

Wooop woooop partae all dalm day. Wait I usually do that anyways when I don't work. Yeah I took my birthday off Facebook last year but family got the snowball rollin with warm wishes on my wall. The in was eruption time from "friends". So I though I'll fix that shit this year. DELETE THAT BITCH. I gotta go get tires on my truck then haul a bunch of shit to the dump get gas start pressure washin mow if the yard dries and then probably be ready to pass the hell out at dark 30. If I have any energy I'll jump on and instead of receiving birthday whippins give some out as gifts instead. Much oblige for birthday wishes and as always WAR HATE AND ANGER!!! The Moto and key to success.

P.s. I wanna do them fireworks

• Like 3

We're now a full-service crew: kill you, then haul you away.

http://rsg.ms/T7qXD3

If anyone on Xbox wants one, lemme know. They're slow as hell even fully modded. I just wanted one. It's black matte with a pearlescent red spray, and the red really has overtaken the black. It's almost too red. It's sharp, but I wanted mostly black with red overtones. May have to change the base coat to metallic.

• Like 3

I swear I thought that said mel was power washing his yard and I was like "Fuck - is that something else I am going to have to worry about if I ever own my own place?"

• Like 2

Current list of my vehicles:

SUPER

Truffade Adder

Overflod Entity XF

Grotti Turismo R

Pegassi Zentorno

SPORTS

Dinka Jester

Obey 9F Cabrio

Dewbauchee Massacro

MOTORCYCLE

Dinka Akuma

Pegassi Bati 801

OFF-ROAD

Vapid Sandking XL

BF Bifta

SPORTS CLASSICS

Pegassi Monroe

COUPE

Lampdati Felon

MUSCLE

Bravado Gauntlet

SEDAN

Benefactor Schafter

SUV

Vapid Radius

COMPACT

None. I'm gonna get the Mini as soon as I find one, but I have literally not seen one in freemode since the update, and I'm not paying the $18K to buy one just because Ax has a weird British hard-on for the Mini.

And every single one of them (except the Gauntlet) has the same Metallic Black and Pearlescent Lime Green paint job. I didn't get that for the Gauntlet because "pearlescent" and "muscle car" don't really go together in my mind, so it's basic black with a thick lime green stripe down the middle as secondary color.

I swear I thought that said mel was power washing his yard and I was like "Fuck - is that something else I am going to have to worry about if I ever own my own place?"

koth_dvd_001.jpg

Melraz: I thought everybody power washed their yard, I tell you what...

• Like 2

Since I'm the asshole who got the ball rolling, I'll be serious for a second and say happy birthday Mel. My gift is a short recording from the Alic......uhhh....David Allan Coe concert I went to last night.

I really should stop coming on this board while I'm unable to access GTA. It's a love/hate thing - I love reading about everybody's adventures, but it's killing me to not be able to play - especially since some of these missions sound hard enough to shake things up.

When I get back to my house on Saturday, I'll probably go on a GTA bender until somebody stages an intervention.

And Stout, next time we're on together, I want to do that race with the upside-down-ramp you mentioned. For that matter, I'd like to do all the jump races you bookmarked. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing too.

I think I'm going to spend a little time in the creator on Saturday. I'm not even going to attempt a deathmatch - I know already I'd suck at that. Since offroading is my number one real life pastime, I think I might do okay creating an offroad race. I raced a user-created one once that followed (and crossed at a few points) the river. It was really fun and I'd like to do something similar. Maybe something up Mt. Chiliad - I don't know. Didn't you mention liking offroad stuff too Stout? I seem to remember somebody mentioning that once.

I almost joined a secondary crew that meets to do nothing but offroad stuff. I decided against it - felt too much like cheating on a spouse.

*channels Melraz*

CAUSE THERE AIN'T NOBODY, AND RUKERED MEANS NOOOOBODY, THAT CAN STACK UP TO THE DEEE VEEEE DEEEE RRRRRRRR. IF YA WANT SOME COME GET SOME CAUSE YOU'LL BE LIMPING YOUR SOORRRRR-RRREEE ASSES OUT OF LOS SANTOS IN THE BACK OF THE STOUT HEARSE!!!!!

• Like 2

CAUSE WE'RE THAT .... DAMN ... GOOD

Yeah, I love off-roading. GTA buddy of mine who used to play all the time was real into off-roading. Wish I'd bookmarked some of those races. Austrian sensation Herby~! has made a couple of good off-road races, but you gotta follow the rules - randoms wouldn't and they'd ruin it. He put in poles that serve like flags in skiing events - gotta go between the poles - but there's no checkpoints at the poles, so there's nothing stopping you from just ignoring the poles and hitting the checkpoints.

I have several crazy jump races bookmarked. I LOVE those freakin' things. I really need to bookmark Stairway to Heaven, I think it's called. It has the highest, most narrow ramp ever and is crazy easy to screw up. The one with the upside-down ramp is insane if a lot of people are playing.

Did Alice in Chains close with "You Never Even Called Me by My Name"?

Oh, and we've all spent several days shopping like old ladies on an outlet store trip, it's been hilarious. "What do you think of this paint job, Mildred?"

• Like 3

Nah - they went the soft route and closed with "Would You Lay With Me (In A Field Of Stone)". Side note - sing one line of that on party chat one night and I'll bet my next paycheck Mel will finish through at least the first chorus.

Oh, and we've all spent several days shopping like old ladies on an outlet store trip, it's been hilarious. "What do you think of this paint job, Mildred?"

It just hit me that Rockstar missed the boat with this new update. They already have Steve Winwood's "Higher Love" in the game. They should have "Back In The High Life Again" pumping over the speakers of Binco while y'all try on your suits and dresses.

• Like 1