DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

We got the sense after a while that you weren't playing so most of us tried to lay off, but I don't recall whether I killed or wounded you once just because I saw a player and started firing before realizing it was you. Plus, that was a horrid map to try to lay the brakes on shooting someone - we were all in a shoebox firing at each other anyway.

Phil, I think you had left by the time we did that one again, this time with teams. There was 3 on one team and 2 on the other. It was really entertaining as a team deathmatch, and crazy close. One team was Robert, me and Andrew and the other team was Dan and Kelvin. I found a great spot on top of the building behind the cover of a sign and stood some ground. Good stuff.

Meanwhile, Dan was one of the last to go even after all of his talk of having to be at work at 3 a.m. or whatnot. His reaction to wrestlers' court was priceless.  

Dan was ornery last night.

Can't imagine why. 

:)

If I were a betting man, I'd say it had something to do with a shotgun only deathmatch.

Can't imagine why. 

If I were a betting man, I'd say it had something to do with a shotgun only deathmatch.

No No - Dolfan decided to talk to him about "sorry"

Though I think he (Dolfan) has a harsher assessment of it than the rest of us do

• Like 1

'I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND"

And, no, the shotgun-only deathmatch was in the middle of the desert with no cover so we couldn't get close to each other. I was trying to snipe people with a shotgun, to hilariously crappy results. 

Can't imagine why. 

Though I think he (Dolfan) has a harsher assessment of it than the rest of us do

Holy shit, that is just family being family. It's not like each of us hasn't taken a turn in the teasing circle.

We pick on Mark because of his driving (DO NOT TEXT AND DRIVE~!) and not embracing the concept of hard cover, we mess with you because you are totally OCD about green check marks, and I get picked on whenver I go silent in chat (DEATHMATCHES ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS~!) and when I go into master criminal overanalysis mode concerning field tactics in a fucking video game (I have met Lex Luthor, and you sir are no Lex Luthor.), and of course Fresh gets it for kamakaze assaults that get himself killed.

We all have our moments in the not so limelight. I get on Dolfan because he is way more competitive than he lets on. He's blase on the mic yet rather cantankerous in a race or a deathmatch. I always hear that huff of disgust when I get the best of a gunfire exchange. ;)

• Like 1

I already had my headset off and wasnt going to take the time to put it back on and then run for the bathroom.

I didnt bother me, since i really didnt want to do that map anyway.

My strategy for driving next to the rr tracks bit me in the rear, as i hit a power station and went from 2nd to 4th. Snd never really recovered.

Can't imagine why. 

Holy shit, that is just family being family.  It's not like each of us hasn't taken a turn in the teasing circle.

We pick on Mark because of his driving (DO NOT TEXT AND DRIVE~!) and not embracing the concept of hard cover, we mess with you because you are totally OCD about green check marks, and I get picked on whenver I go silent in chat (DEATHMATCHES ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS~!) and when I go into master criminal overanalysis mode concerning field tactics in a fucking video game (I have met Lex Luthor, and you sir are no Lex Luthor.), and of course Fresh gets it for kamakaze assaults that get himself killed.

We all have our moments in the not so limelight.  I get on Dolfan because he is way more competitive than he lets on.  He's blase on the mic yet rather cantankerous in a race or a deathmatch.  I always hear that huff of disgust when I get the best of a gunfire exchange. ;)

Oh, I had no problem with the notion, or even with any of the conversation yesterday. The thing that made it "a thing" was Dolfan (jokingly?) saying I wrecked people intentionally before my apologies. That put me in "You want me to drive like an asshole? You got it!" Mode, in which I was a lot more... Open, let's say, to engage contact.

Yeah - as Mark mentioned - we did the train race again only in Supers this time and it sucked.

The train only showed up near the end. Also it was really fucking random as Dan saw it twice and he was one spot behind me but I only saw it once.

Also a race with "Coupe" in the name shouldn't allow for any other type of vehicles.

And I am only OCD about non-plane races and deathmatches and a little bit about parachutes. LTS and Capture can go kick rocks.

I am also a little more willing to do flying races now just because it gives me the cheap credit toward my flying stat. I still would rather avoid jets though

And I am only OCD about non-plane races and deathmatches and a little bit about parachutes. LTS and Capture can go kick rocks.

I am not fond of LTS because wonky cover mechanics will get you killed faster than anything, and I'd rather die because of a bad decision I made rather than the ghosts in the machine insisting that my toon hide on the wrong side of a dumpster.. 

I have a disturbing amount of patience, so I actually dig the chess match that can evolve in LTS.  However, I would rather do something a bit more kinetic with the crew.  Time is money and we could jam three or four missions in the time it takes to see who will blink first in an LTS match.

Capture is okay in a large group with a creative way of getting to the objective.  Problem is that most Captures are the Defend The Fort kinda shit you've hated since Unreal Tournament back in the day.

Last night, I was going for a Crate in my Buzzard. Some guy showed up in that off-road Go-Kart thingy, jumped out in passive and took the crate while I was killing the guards. Bad Move. Then he tried to fly off in my buzzard. Hello sticky bomb, goodbye life.

Then he gets in his car and tries to drive away. Sticky bomb kill number 2. So he wants a one on one Deathmatch. 5-2, with the two being lucky spawns. I start walking away, he shoots at me with his rifle and mostly misses, so I sniped him. He wants another one on one. 5-0 to me, all Sniper. He comes after me again, and we end up in a Mexican standoff around some cover. Grenade Launcher kills him. I decide to head to the Sandy Shores airport to fly back to the city. He keeps following me, missing at long range with some sort of rifle and getting sniped. Then I get an apartment invite and figure I might as well go. But he returned to the city half an hour later and I killed him again, while he was fleeing from a Tank.

Don't take my crates, random guys.

I was going to make a Plane race called Crash of the Titans, but you can't make Titan races for some reason. So I made one called DEATH VALLEY FLYER instead. It's intolerable. If you crash, you'll respawn and blow up immediately most of the time. I might try it out with players before I publish it.

• Like 2

I only get shitty when it comes to Special Crates.

I have always sent congrats via PM to the guys that have gotten to the Special Crate before I did. 

And I have always remained in the session long enough to kill them once or twice.  I am a sore loser.

One time, some guy got to the SC when I was inches away from it, but got wasted by the mercs. (There are two players here.  Why am I the only one getting shot?)

I sent him a "WTG, Dude!" PM that he must've received right before the rockets from my Buzzard blew him and his car off of a bridge and into the LS River Basin..

My Unsporting % went up two percent.

I was going to make a Plane race called Crash of the Titans, but you can't make Titan races for some reason. So I made one called DEATH VALLEY FLYER instead. It's intolerable. If you crash, you'll respawn and blow up immediately most of the time. I might try it out with players before I publish it.

Crash of the Titans is like the best name ever for a plane race.  I am bummed that you can't make that race a reality.

I said last night, we have to make all of our User Created stuff in the names of Tag Teams. My ideas:

Power & Glory - Race from the Palmer/Taylor Power Station to the movie studios.

Bushwhackers - Off-Road lap race around Mt. Chilliad starting and ending at the Sawmill

Money, Inc. - Race from the bank in Paleto Bay, through the Diamond Store mall, ending at the Gold Depository.  

• Like 2

I think about half of us immediately thought Midnight Express as soon as you said that about tag teams.

I'm now 2/3 as evil as JT.  Got sticky bomb kills 16 and 17.  I take way, way too much pleasure in those.

• Like 1

Car bombing people will slowly corrupt your soul, man. 

I took too much pride in the Wile E. Coyote tactics it took to get players to fall for my bait car without resorting to cheap tactics like blocking the entrances to stores or LSC with trapped vehicles.

I used to think that car bombs that looked like other vehicles would work out best, but I found that car bombs that stand out gather more attention.  The brighter the paint job, the more likely players are to get into the car.  It is also wise to invest in one or two visual mods like spoilers.

My last five vehicle bombs were motorcyles.  I'd have loved to have made a YouTube vid of the bad bumps players took after the bike bomb thrrew them twenty feet into the air.

I haven't even seen a regular crate in Freemode in a long while.

Between watching Robert and Mis last night, I think everyone else in the game is wise to the ignition bomb in the Simeon import/export car trick. Other players would approach the car and blow it sky-high instead of getting in it. I like the challenge of trying to cash in on a Simeon car too much to put an ignition bomb in it.

i dropped in to sell a car or two and hope for some WACKY RACING~! and the Gods heard my pleas and hooked me up with a dude who did four races out of a wacky racing playlist. One of them was really good for the "huge-ramp-jump-way-far" thing. I wanted to bookmark it, but couldn't. I'm looking for crap that makes Jumps Jumps Jumps look like a Sunday drive.

EDIT: And in the "about fucking time" department. HIgh Life's coming out Tuesday.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

I can't even do Tuesday Night Titans that day 'cause I gotta work. Bummer. Who's Dan gonna melee kill 200 times in deathmatches?

Double edit: Five new apartments? There go the mansions. Gotta feeling I'm staying put. Five new contact missions? Hooray! That's really cool.

Between watching Robert and Mis last night, I think everyone else in the game is wise to the ignition bomb in the Simeon import/export car trick. Other players would approach the car and blow it sky-high instead of getting in it.

That is usually because some guys would rather blow it up than have someone else get to it.    Usually if I can trick a guy into thinking he is taking the car from me by force, he will try to drive away with the car and fall for the trap.

If they are wise to a tactic, it is the old wedge the car in front of LSC ploy which was done to death on 80% of those Griefing With Ignition Bomb vids on the Youtubes.  You can still catch a player napping now and again, though.  Muscle memory is an awful thing.

For a while, the new thing was to build a remote bomb, offer rides to strangers, bail out and detonate the bomb as your passenger drove away, but you cannot just roll up on someone and not expect to get shot even if you honk your horn.

I think all my created stuff (naturally) has popular culture names.

The DM is mnothing but golf shots.

The bike race is mad mad mad.

The sea race is "let me take you on a sea cruise."

The actual Mad x4 race will probably be callled "under the Big W."

The High Life Update also adds 'Non Contact' to the bevy of available Race options, which will allow you to play standard Races with collisions disabled between player's vehicles (other players appear as semi-transparent and you'll still be able to collide with non-player traffic, structures and other scenery).

!!!

The High Life Update also adds 'Non Contact' to the bevy of available Race options, which will allow you to play standard Races with collisions disabled between player's vehicles (other players appear as semi-transparent and you'll still be able to collide with non-player traffic, structures and other scenery).

!!!

Dan will no longer have to sincerely apologize.  :)

• Like 1

Maybe more missions and fewer races / deathmatches are in order to ease tensions?  I've always thought that we should still gather in party but work on missions in smaller groups and meet back in a Crew Only Session.

Sometimes having seven or eight of us doing the same thing turns into a cluster fuck.