DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

That makes sense.  I think that Mark and & jobbed a pair of deathmatches to 25 - 24 score to make sure we'd get the 10 Kills In a Killstreak medal.

Minor Turbulence had to be the easiest 100% Criteria to meet..

The prolem was CRASHING THE FUCKING CROPDUSTER INTO THE CARGO BAY WITHOUT EXPLODING~! 

After two tries, I finally flew that stupid WW1 era crappy biplane in a manner that did not make me blow up on the tail rudder of the Merryweather cargo plane.  The 100% criteria of finishing the mission with 100% shooting accuracy was easy to get.  Armed myself with the Sawn-Off and just waited in cover behind the cargo crate for Merryweather assholes to rush me. 

BLAM~! 

Had to use a little rage for the final guy.  I was concerned that I maay auto-fail the mission if the flying equiipment somehow knocked me out of the plane, so I hit the Special and rushed the last merc.

Capped the pilot, fucking air force shot me down, drove the Mesa out of the cargo bay (the second 100% completion criteria is to escape out of the plane using the jeep), bailed out of said jeep at 10,000 feet in the air, screamed,  pulled the ripcord, and parachuted to safety. 

Landed right in front of Trevor's trailer.

Enjoyed the irony of finishing the mission in the exact same spot where I started from.

Also did the first Civil Border Patrol thingie.

Had to do it twice.  Once to hear all of the insane dialogue and then replay for the Gold medal shit.  In the 100% run I shot the tires out of the mariachi's car as soon as I got out of the Yellow Jack and then drove off in their ride and parked it in Trevor's garage.

Yeah, I don't know how people wait until the CBP stuff and unlocking the stupid taser before they start doing Marge's bounties.  I made better time just knecapping guys or putting a round in their sholders with  a normal pistol and taking them in alive.

Franklin has a Strangers & Freaks marker up now,, so I assume he's going to finally meet Dom.  I hate Dom's "take it to the next level" bullshit in GTA Online, so I am sure this first encounter is going to be painful.

GtA V was by far the easiest to get through - I failed missions a handful of times. Except for the first race and the parachute mission from Don where you have to land on a truck. I think it took me like 20 times to do it - but I really hate parachuting so YMMV

Now that I've got a hang of sharp turns and precision landings, I don't hate parachuting as much as I used to.  I still suck, though.  I think last night was the first time I have legit won a contested parachute event.

I also cannot believe that I finally won a boat race.  I can't tell you how torturous it was to see "You must win a sea race to unlock this color" at the mod shop.  

Jesus, man.  I can dig the need to compete and earn a victory, but we could've thrown a sea race to you a long time ago on a previous Jobber Thursday.  That's what it's for.

Holy shit, my custom Entity sure can fly.  I had the Fireball up to 170 MPH yesterday if online stats are accurate.  I crossed the finish line sideways in the air when we raced the Refuel course.

I guess I need to fire up Scandalous on my Spotify anytime we play a Deathmatch now to see if my Popeye like powers carry over

• Like 1

I think the colors i need to unlock now involve stunt jumps completed.

Yeah, I need 17 more stunt jump completions to get the Lime Green paint job (the last locked respray option I have), but the crew color is lime green so I give zero fucks of immediacy about finding stunt jumps in online mode.

I guess I need to fire up Scandalous on my Spotify anytime we play a Deathmatch now to see if my Popeye like powers carry over

That shit is accompanied by the appearance of angels for your punk ass.  As soon as that damned song came on the radio, you somehow pulled a billion horsepower out of your engine and Mark wipes out right in front of me in the tightest turn of the race.  I have so much hate for Miss-Teeq right now.

Whenever This Mystic Decade by the Hot Snakes or Appetite for Destruction by NWA is on the radio, I always mange to win the race.  AfD was on WCC during the race last night on the Refuel map.

That fucking song on the pop station by WHAM! is like racing kryptonite, though.

So far, nothing about High Life coming out today.  I thought for sure it would be coming down the pipe today given the massive comm errors with the cloud severs last night.

I won't be able to check again until I log on at the usual time tonight.  I got full bird colonels to brief this afternoon and a shit ton of Sharepoint stuff to do today.

If there are comm errors today, I am going to do a shit ton of sea races.  Sometimes the World Records reset and you can back door your way into a Racing Blonde tattoo.

Plane races are the bane of my existence at this point.  I could see the big crash at the bridge coming, but there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it.  Had planes directly above and below me, and couldn't turn left or right because of the path of the course.  It got comical after the respawn.  Lost my right wing on the second try, and lost the left on the third.  Fourth pass I had the tail on fire.  Fifth time was a charm.  I'm amazed I finished that one.

Sorry again JT about being so useless in freemode.  Between my dad calling, getting a delivery at the house, and my wife needing help with her back, I was far from all there.  If I'd known that would all hit at once I'd have just bailed with everybody else.

I got kinda hopeful about a new update last night when I tried to join some user named Gunther something's user-created race and got an "incompatible assets" error message. Those usually occur when everyone's trying to download a patch and you've got a group of people who have the patch and another group who doesn't, and those groups can't game together until everyone's on the same patch. So I thought "hey, maybe he has the new patch and I don't, yet."

Plus, I figured Gunther might not be from around here, and I've been gaming with The Austrian Sensastion, Herby~! during the release of a couple of patches and he always gets them quite a bit before I do - I figured the people from outside of the U.S. get them earlier, for some reason.

So i was like "yay!" but if it hasn't happened by now, it's not happening today or this week, for that matter.

I actually ventured into Freemode for a while by myself last night, and it was fun. Some guy was running down the road and stopped right in front of me and was just staring at me. I'm like "dood, don't make me shoot," and he just stayed there. White Dot! Kill! Disease took over, so I shot him, shot him on respawn and scoped him when he was trying to flee before he got away. Then I was in a Simeon i/e car being chased by a guy in a buzzard who wrecked right in front of me and ate an RPG for fourthmeal before he left the game post-haste.

That plane race was bananas.  The only reason I won is because everyone else crashed and Rippa did not feel confident in his pilot skills to make any sudden moves on me.

And no worries about free mode, Rob.  Take care of your wife.

I got back to even KD after my three successive RPG attacks on KEYBONE and a few of his buddies when they tried to pad their stats by spawn killing you.  

Ironwolf and SwagTech were actually pretty awesome dudes because they didn't fire on you while you were idle and they helped me fend off the other spawn killers trying to shoot you while you were AFC. (away from controller).

When your character started running around again, we resumed our gunfight.  I bailed out shortly after you did to catch the rest of 24.

That plane race was bananas.  The only reason I won is because everyone else crashed and Rippa did not feel confident in his pilot skills to make any sudden moves on me.

That is an interesting way to remember it.

In actuality - I somehow was battling JT for first. I am directly above him. I go "JT I am directly above you". (since we were doing a good job all night long trying to communicate when we were passing as to not boning each other)

JT immediately flies up. I blow up and see "KidSix bombed you"

JT goes happily on his way

• Like 1

In actuality - I somehow was battling JT for first. I am directly above him. I go "JT I am directly above you". (since we were doing a good job all night long trying to communicate when we were passing as to not boning each other)

Rubbin's racin'.

J.T., I think Freemode may be taking on a "kindler, gentler" tack because a lot of the more casual, non-hardcore GTA 5 Online fans are burned out on the game or taking a break from it after grinding for a couple of days during the 2x money and RP weekend. A lot of people are waiting on this next update. The more hardcore, longtime fans who are still playing the game in freemode are the ones more inclined to not run around being total dicks about everything because they've seen so much dickery in their time that they're tired of it.

That plane race was fun. The ring you heard was Andrew showing up to watch Raw.  As I ran to the door, I hit a check point and then by the time I looked back to the TV, I realized I was half-way out to sea.  

I deliberately crashed to respawn faster.  Somehow I still managed 4th. :)  

And Novocain, if/when you sign on today, the crew and I need to have a talk with you. . .

• Like 1

That event disappered from my mind in a haze of Allegra.  I totally forgot that I buzzed the rudder of your Mallard.  I think I I was just stunned to actually be in first place during plane race and not have crashed during the first three checkpoints.. Had I been paying attention and not been an asshole, I'd have given up the lead with you being that close.

I thought for sure I had that helicopter race in the bag, but then came the mid-air cluster fuck with Dolfan's hot pink helicopter and I had to make the emergency landing on the docks. 

Buzzard was too fucked to fly so I respawned to get a new aircraft.

That plane race was fun. The ring you heard was Andrew showing up to watch Raw.  As I ran to the door, I hit a check point and then by the time I looked back to the TV, I realized I was half-way out to sea.  

I deliberately crashed to respawn faster.  Somehow I still managed 4th. :)  

And Novocain, if/when you sign on today, the crew and I need to have a talk with you. . .

... What did I do this time?

That event disappered from my mind in a haze of Allegra.  I totally forgot that I buzzed the rudder of your Mallard.  I think I I was just stunned to actually be in first place during plane race and not have crashed during the first three checkpoints.. Had I been paying attention and not been an asshole, I'd have given up the lead with you being that close.

I thought for sure I had that helicopter race in the bag, but then came the mid-air cluster fuck with Dolfan's hot pink helicopter and I had to make the emergency landing on the docks. 

Buzzard was too fucked to fly so I respawned to get a new aircraft.

Can't blame Dolfan for that one.  I was flying the pink chopper.  I think he was flying a crew colored one.  I was wondering aloud before the air first race who I would crash into with Dan not involved.  The answer was apparently everybody

• Like 1

I kinda remember a discussion about someone being envious of someone else's pink helicopter.  I was too busy having a Magnum PI flashback when Rippa picked Orange for his aircraft's paint job and his Buzzard looked like TC's tour heli.

I did not realilze that one of the side effects of Allegra was amnesia.

I am going to try and get home early tonight so I can slap together the race I have in my head so I can ask the early shift to beta test it for me.

Of course - more likely I am going to need to shoot a lot of things