DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

You're where I got the idea in the first place. 

No wonder I recognized this as being a total dick move.  It was my total dick move.  I also loved to drive up to players engaged in a firefight and then try to flee on foot. 

Guys always blew themselves up trying to run me over with my own car.

And yeah, I am really thankful that you can't trigger your own ignition bomb. 

• Like 1

Oh, and somebody was pissed off at stout last night.  Guy called in at least 2 merc attacks and a mugger in quick succession.  Stout must've pissed on the guy's cornflakes in the past or something, because I don't think we'd even run into him until after all that happened.

Oh, and somebody was pissed off at stout last night.  Guy called in at least 2 merc attacks and a mugger in quick succession.  Stout must've pissed on the guy's cornflakes in the past or something, because I don't think we'd even run into him until after all that happened.

We must find out this guy's gamertag and create a "Grief with Extreme Predjudice" list.  There is a glitcher named xXThunderPickXx that I always shoot on sight.  I have harrassed him over multiple sessions, including jumping into every mission, race, and deathmatch he participated in. 

So glad i never go in freemode.

There is something to be said for participating in a city wide deathmatch.  I do not think you can really appreciate the game until you spend some time in free mode, but it is not for everyone.  You will indeed run up against the worst that XBox 360 has to offer.

And players who call weak sauce from being killed by car bomb are just pissed off that they didn't think of it first.

I didn't recall the guy at all, which was funny. We'd been fighting with half the map, there were tons better candidates to do that to me, but here this guy was a total stranger. The only thing I can think of is that we were messing with a friend of his, but he never called anything on Robert.

Robert and I blew up the first set of Mercs, and I took one of the merc jeeps and was gonna drive up to where the guy was in one and plant my foot up his ass, but I turned around and there he was with us. He got batted around with a quickness. I can't even begin to remember his name now. 

And I wasn't following the chain of events between Robert and the guy with the Simeon I/E car - for some reason, I had it in my head that Robert hadn't gotten to him until the guy had already resprayed the car. So when Robert got the car, I assumed he was playing a game of keepaway. That guy proceeded to kick my ass the rest of the night. Blowing up his Adder was a sweet move.

I wish I could think of Soupy's name, or whatever his name was - guy was pretty much dominating me, but he tried to run me down with a car and wrecked into a corner and sat there flummoxed while I blew up him and his car with a grenade from my grenade launcher.

I had found the dude tormenting me right at the Vanilla Unicorn, where I laid into him with round after round as his health bar would slowly shrink, then fill back up, then shrink again. I'm talking hundreds of rounds. I thought "that glitcher, damn him," when suddenly, it showed everyone leaving the server (including him and Robert) and suddenly I had the place to myself. Love it when it does that.

I figured Robert said "screw it" and quit playing, so I ran around until I lucked on to the $9,500 car, sold it, and left the game. Didn't know you kept playing, Robert.

And everyone owes it to themselves to go into Freemode sometime with the DVDR - I think our record is seven at one time (may be six), but it's my dream to somehow get 10 guys into the same server and just rain on the other six guys' parade. So many fun, dumb moments.

A highlight from a month or two ago - there's about five of us chasing a few guys down, one of whom is the clear ringleader. I forget his name, always do, doesn't matter. Kelvin joins the game and is headed over, and I say "OK, the guy we're going after is ..." then the screen shows as Kelvin having killed him and Kelvin says "that guy?" "Yeah, that's him."

Oh, then there was the Level 4 guy last night - that was awesome. We ran into him before Robert got into the room, and we were basically nuisance killing that kid - "go away boy, you bother me" - and he wouldn't stop coming after us. Eventually, for some strange reason, he got in a car with Melraz and we headed up to where a bunch of other players were. Level 4 guy suddenly turns into Superman and is just killing everyone in sight, repeatedly. He was a beast. That was crazy.

• Like 1

Oh man I'm so glad you brought that guy up. I completely forgot about him. (I may or may not have taken over Mel's "2 beer" role last night. I plead the fif.)

I don't know why I enjoy it so much, but one of my favorite things to do in the game is take a low level that we've been destroying and trying to turn him. I'll just stop in the middle of a firefight and roll up on him in a car and blow the horn, or put away my guns and walk up to them saluting, indicating that I'm a friendly. Then I team up with them and "shoot at" or "try to run over" crew members so the guy thinks I'm on his side. What he doesn't know is that I'm on chat going "Alright guys, I'm coming around the building. I'll act like I'm going to run over you, but then I'll hit this pole so we wreck. Take him out."

I think it was Melraz last night, but me and the guy were in cover around the building. Mel was standing out in the open ,waiting on a sniper shot. I stepped out and just emptied carbine clips at him - waiting on the guy to come out of cover beside me. Mel was like, "Dude he's gonna wonder why you've been shooting at me forever but haven't killed me. I am standing out in the open." Oh...yeah you're right.

I guess people don't bother to check gamertags and see crew labels or something. I have no idea how I've gotten so many people to fall for it. Maybe they think I'm trying to start a crew mutiny or something.

But like Stout said, the guy actually sided with us and absolutely hulked the fuck out on the other players. Most badass low level guy I've seen. He must have eaten his spinach during the car ride with Mel.

• Like 1

New details on the Heists and High Life update.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gta-5-dlc-price-location-details-apartments-mansions-leaked-1-13-update-files-1445196

Noteworthy umored added content includes

- the Dinka Thrust motorcycle.

- More supers including the Pegassi Zentorno (the red car on the right)

gta-5-online-heists-coming-spring-confir

- The ability to own more expensive apartments or even move into some of the larger houses in Rockford Hills.

- Addition of the Bullpup shotgun from the Collector's Edition to Ammunation.

- Either the release of Heists for Online or more patching in prep for the release of Heists.

- Patching for release of more content for Story Mode.

The more I hear about Heists, the more that it sounds like content for Rank 100+ characters.  Hopefully the real world isn't bearing down on Fresh so much that he isn't able to grind more levels.  He was the one that was looking forward to heists the most and even Rippa outranks him right now.

New stuff now that i am broke again. :)

I am now sad that I bought that Akuma.   I am curious to see what the body style of the Thrust looks like.  If it resembles a Shitzu Hakuchou (Suzuki Hayabusa) complete with livery, I am going to sell my Akuma.

Hayabusa:

suzuki-hayabusa-motorcycle-2007091404120

Hakachou from GTA 4:

hakuchoutladfront.png

Rockstar just needs to put the fucking Hakuchou back into the game.

That being said, choppers are criminally underepresented. I'd like to see one or two more Western Motorcycle Company touring bikes added.

The Zentorno looks pretty sweet. I may replace mt Entity XF with that car.

I really really REALLY need to shoot things in the face tonight.

More than you can possibly imagine

So yeah... I might have to do that in ME3 because I dont think jobber Thursday will cut it

I really really REALLY need to shoot things in the face tonight.

More than you can possibly imagine

So yeah... I might have to do that in ME3 because I dont think jobber Thursday will cut it

I am down by law.  I can always hang out with the Night Shift for a bit for some urban terrorism after we're done creating blood stains from long range on Cerberus Troopers provided that me being old and tired does not kick in around 9:30PM.

I had found the dude tormenting me right at the Vanilla Unicorn, where I laid into him with round after round as his health bar would slowly shrink, then fill back up, then shrink again. I'm talking hundreds of rounds. I thought "that glitcher, damn him," when suddenly, it showed everyone leaving the server (including him and Robert) and suddenly I had the place to myself. Love it when it does that.

I figured Robert said "screw it" and quit playing, so I ran around until I lucked on to the $9,500 car, sold it, and left the game. Didn't know you kept playing, Robert.

Yeah it didn't even give a message you left.  You just disappeared, even from the party.  I just figured you'd had a freeze and had enough.  I was only on about 15 more minutes. 

nite shift almost lost two members earlier.  melraz and I did a team DM with random folks.  The two of us got on a team with a level 80ish dude and a level 30 something.  Other team was only two guys, one level 50 or so, and the other level 13.  We figured if we lost we'd have to hang our heads in shame and never play the game again.  And, damn if it wasn't close.  melraz got the final kill to give us a 30-29 victory.  Level 13 had the most kills of anybody, and our two teammates were worse than useless.  We were both getting legit nervous that we were gonna lose that thing.  Then we spawned in freemode with the level 13 guy, and killed him 9000 straight times till he left to console ourselves.

• Like 1

Yeah idda hadda hung my boots up beside my cowboy hat and sniper rifle and filed for S.S. iffin wedda got beat. I guess I could be Dans personal mechanic since his hung a sign in the garage that said dont work for free and went to Los Santos custom shop.

I will say this - if you have a few people willing to work with you - the extra cash and RP for the like 3 minutes a thrown Capture take to complete are worth it

I got $4K and 2K RP for essentially following you Mark around Paleto Bay on a Sanchez. I'll take that loss anyday.

I am not sure why I thought that goddamned Faggio could get up enough speed to make it up the steps.

I had high hopes for that sniper duel deathmatch... they were crushed...  and me wearing a red shirt did not help... The shootout at the Observatory and the shotgun battle in the middle of the Senora Desert were a lot more fun.. 

I cannot comment on the deathmatch at El Burro since my girlfriend picked that time to want to talk to me on the phone for fifteen minutes...  It was an important call, though.  We're trying to buy a townhouse together and one of the realtors we're dealing with is really suspect.  Thanks you, gents, for not padding your stats while I was idle.

After the majority of you guys signed off, I decided to haunt the docks while Misanthrope, RUkered and two other guys were running missions and making me laugh in between bouts of me screaming in pain because of the feeback from someone's broken headset. 

After about a half-hour of riding around in circles in a stolen Gauntlet, I finally got a Sultan to spawn at the docks and I modded it..... Just in time for new cars and motorcycles to come along and wipe out my bank account if the new update hits next Tuesday.  There is no way I'll ever need to own another garage.  I am far too picky about what I bring home and I don't mind replacing one vehicle with another. 

If the new Pegassi super is all that, I'll just swap out my Entity for it.  I don't think I need to own more than one Super class, and I won't trade out my Akuma for the Thrust until I see what it looks like.

As far as curiosity about the new weapon goes, my cousin has the Collector's Edition and he says that the Bullpup Shotgun can eat a bag of dicks so he just saved me some cash. 

If R* is going to start adding CE content, then I'd buy the Hotknife for my garage if they ever unlocked it in Online play.

I got $4K and 2K RP for essentially following you Mark around Paleto Bay on a Sanchez. I'll take that loss anyday.

I am not sure why I thought that goddamned Faggio could get up enough speed to make it up the steps.

I had high hopes for that sniper duel deathmatch... they were crushed...  and me wearing a red shirt did not help... The shootout at the Observatory and the shotgun battle in the middle of the Senora Desert were a lot more fun.. 

I cannot comment on the deathmatch at El Burro since my girlfriend picked that time to want to talk to me on the phone for fifteen minutes...  It was an important call, though.  We're trying to buy a townhouse together and one of the realtors we're dealing with is really suspect.  Thanks you, gents, for not padding your stats while I was idle.

After the majority of you guys signed off, I decided to haunt the docks while Misanthrope, RUkered and two other guys were running missions and making me laugh in between bouts of me screaming in pain because of the feeback from someone's broken headset. 

After about a half-hour of riding around in circles in a stolen Gauntlet, I finally got a Sultan to spawn at the docks and I modded it..... Just in time for new cars and motorcycles to come along and wipe out my bank account if the new update hits next Tuesday.  There is no way I'll ever need to own another garage.  I am far too picky about what I bring home and I don't mind replacing one vehicle with another. 

If the new Pegassi super is all that, I'll just swap out my Entity for it.  I don't think I need to own more than one Super class, and I won't trade out my Akuma for the Thrust until I see what it looks like.

As far as curiosity about the new weapon goes, my cousin has the Collector's Edition and he says that the Bullpup Shotgun can eat a bag of dicks so he just saved me some cash. 

If R* is going to start adding CE content, then I'd buy the Hotknife for my garage if they ever unlocked it in Online play.

Sorry about taking that shot at you late in the game.  I thought you were Mark going for another car.

I had to bail out because my wife wanted me to take her to church for a bit.  Probably wouldn't have gone over well to refuse so that I could play even more GTA.  Tried to get on with the nite shift later, but my shit crashed twice in succession, so I gave up and passed out. 

Yeah, I hear ya about church.  It is Easter weekend, bro; one of the two times in the year that backslidden Baptists / borderline agnostics like me actually enter a house of worship.

I will be churching more and gaming less since I will be up in Maryland and it is also my custody weekend.  We will find some time to fit Captain America into the schedule, but we'll be hitting the Good Friday service as soon as I get to Odenton, Saturday we battle with the realtors again, and Sunday is Easter service and mandatory brunch.

I should be back online and murdering by about 6PM or so on Sunday evening.  85 more player kills to go!

And Holy shit, either GTA Online is glitched (not surprising), Social Club is glitched, or both.  My online stats say that I unlocked the Hustler tattoo when I don't and it says that the Blackjack tattoo is locked when it isn't.  I robbed 25 armored cars ages ago and I still have $25K more in bets to place before I get the platinum medal for gambling my money away.

I think the highlight last night was Andrew killing me while i had a grenade in my hand and when he ran up to collect the money, it went off, he died and i completed my "kill while close to death" objective.

The sniper DM goes on the "do not do" list.

I think the highlight last night was Andrew killing me while i had a grenade in my hand and when he ran up to collect the money, it went off, he died and i completed my "kill while close to death" objective.

Yeah, Andrew killing me via the same sticky bomb booby trap tactic I used on him minutes earlier was number one and the best.

• Like 1

I noticed you on at one point, Robert, but I figured Dr. Deathmatch was making house calls.

You missed nothing except me playing really crappy and getting really pissed at myself while Mis and Herby~! taunted me. That was fun, he says sarcastically.

First, Mis and I did that damn "Satellite Communications" one where you bring the truck down the mountain while the thousands of Lost on motorcycles come at you. Mis is like "I know how to do this one, I got it," and well, it didn't go as planned. We finished it the second try, which is actually pretty impressive for two people the way we were doing it - we weren't stopping to blow up all those dudes, we just kept going. I'd rather stop, there's just too mahy of them. That one is made for more than 2 people, like the "Chemical Extraction" one. You can do it with two, but it's damn hard. Go in there with six like we did the other night and it's child's play.

Speaking of way too hard, the big trouble came when we tried to do "Los Santos Connection." We've killed that one as a group before, but it was not my night. I think that's another one that needs about 4-6 people. We had 3 by this time. It's the one where you go to the drug deal, kill a couple of guys, get the GPS coordinates for that scrapyard-type place, go up there where there's a BILLION guys on foot and in cars, hack into a computer, then go to an airport hanger and get the coke and blow up a bunch of vehicles while another BILLION guys attack. We used a Buzzard, but blew up something at the airport and lost.

I blew myself up TWICE trying to launch grenades and having them bounce back in my lap. I truly haven't been that mad over a video game in months, and both Mis and Herby~! were both like "oh my God, that was so funny, that was awesome!" while I fumed and cussed and apologized for fuming and cussing. We did it three times with no success, and when Herby screwed up and hit Continue instead of Restart, I pounced and hit Continue and got us the hell out of there.

All Mis was trying to do was level up to 91 to get the Heavy Sniper scope, and I'm like "jeez, Mis, you ever heard of Rooftop Rumble?" Crazy thing is, he got up to 91 picking up little bits of RP here and there failing the mission three times.

J.T., that stuff in the article about the update coming out next week sounded like speculation to me. If they bring out one update a month, I think we're talking May until this new one comes out. Someone on the GTA Forums (fun place to read, occasionally, good place to pick up info) said that given the pattern of when they bring stuff out, maybe the second Tuesday in May with heists on the second Tuesday in June (still technically spring).

And I really wanted to suggest, and I wish I had, playing a Capture on Tuesday where we didn't try to shoot each other or play defensively at all - simply a race between the two teams to see who achieves the task the fastest. Some buddies and I did that with the Sanchez one and that was a hoot.

Good info about the Bullpup shotgun. I bought it, 'cause I didn't know at the time, but that Heavy Pistol they came out with last time is fairly worthless. Might be good as a forced weapon in a Deathmatch, but if you're gonna use a pistol in Freemode, chances are it's gonna be the AP Pistol, the Official Pistol of Shooting Out of Someone Else's Car. This game really needs a "gun locker," where you can put away guns you don't wanna carry around but don't wanna throw away, either.

Oh yeah, if Rockstar fixed the armored car glitch, it broke again - Herby and I chased around armored cars for about an hour last night, it seemed. I made somewhere around $110,000. The trick is, I think I figured out, is to not get too far away from the other players, or they quit spawning. I was running from the cops and trying to find an AmmuNation to buy more sticky bombs and got far away from Herby and the damn things quit spawning. Before that, we were always fairly close to each other. I love the chaos of trying to blow up an armored car while I have a three-star wanted level. It gets interesting.

I fucked up satellite communications when I got too greedy and went for extra kills by running over two assholes on a a bike and instead hit the guardrail, jack-knifing the truck and flipping over the trailer.  RUkered saw me in action do basically the same thing at the end of the mission, on the goddamn yellow beacon...

As far as the grenade launcher goes...man it's just a lot funnier watching someone else do it.  3 hours earlier I was playing rooftop with..hell RUkered and went around back and threw a grenade in like I normally do and it bounced off the wAll in front of me, blowing me and my entity up.  Shit happens, but it's funnier when it happens to someone else

Best on Satellite Communications to wait and kill all the Lost before driving the truck.

I've soloed Los Santos Connection a few times. The mobs are best dealt with using the assault shotgun since it will punch through cars. Not sure what you could blow up to trigger a mission fail in the hangar - you actually have to blow up all the vehicles to progress.

Really easy way to do the mission is to use a Buzzard and fly between the locations.