DVDVR Message Board

The most offensive, yet lame angle in Florida history

Ellsworth Toohey

1) According to Google, there actually was a magazine called "Sports Review: Wrestling" in the early 1980s.

2) Did not know that was Luna.  She looks about 40 years old there, though the hair style doesn't help much.

3) I really can't tell if that slap was supposed to be as stiff as it was. Either Luna was one hell of an actress or she was really shaken up there. (Though given stories of how crazy Luna and her father were, it would not surprise me if she told Kevin to lay into her before they shot the angle).

4) Shows had bad things were when BJ Mulligan is the lead face, and he would bolt for the WWF not long after this.  Was this when Scott McGhee was getting a huge push?

5) I'll give credit to Bob Roop for being a trooper.  I doubt when he was at the 1968 Olympics he envisioned spending his twilight years with half his hair shaved off and foaming at the mouth.

Sports Review Wrestling was the C-team Apter mag (PWI being A, Inside Wrestling & The Wrestler being B.)  Technically here they just called it Sports Review to not "quite" link them in.  Luna kinda botches her role by changing the name of the award during the presentation.

I think Luna's hair was intentionally shitty, since somewhere after this, she ended up joining Sullivan and shaving half her hair off.

And this angle has nothing on the Freebirds telling Mike Graham that his dad was a loser right after Eddie Graham killed himself, then attacking and bloodying him.