DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: BIG RYCK (Ezekiel Jackson)

RIPPA

He really did deserve a better chance, I was looking forward to him returning after his injury, but by that point Vince was already grooming Big E to be his next black muscleman. They would have made an awesome tag team now that I think of it. Interesting side-notes: Ryck was an FCW original who never wrestled anywhere prior. Also, his legal name is Rycklon Stephens (!), so the LU name is not either coincidental or typical "in wrestling you misspell the words-ese". 

Weird run in WWE. They were really building him up there at the end of ECW's run and then he got hurt after that and was never treated the same. He started to get some momentum again when he turned babyface against The Corre and I actually really liked that feud but then as soon as he was done with Wade Barrett they forgot about Zeke being IC Champ until they wanted to move it to Cody. And then he was just in total purgatory until being released.

I always liked him a lot though and thought he did the most with the few opportunities they gave him.