DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: MITCH RYDER

RIPPA

I need to find that Dick the Bruiser shirt from the last promo video. Yahoo won't let me search for it with safe search on. Think it is finally time to join the rest of humanity in the 21st century and use google.

Man I remember that Lince Dorado vs Mitch Ryder hair vs mask match in Chikara for all the wrong reason.   Lince does his finishing move and seriously hurts himself to the point where it looks like he was twitching in the ring.  Mitch pretty much put Lince on him for the pin and then does the most un-emotional hair shaving possible because Dorado was being stretchered out.  

Mitch Ryder in IWA MS was so much fun as well.

Mitch Ryder in IWA MS was so much fun as well.

ICP & Ian Rotten vs Mad Man Pondo, Adam Gooch (?) & Mitch Ryder

Ryder is super Memphis, coming out to an Eminem song and wears an Eminem shirt in a match against the ICP. For those not in the know Eminem and the ICP dont particularly get along.

Man I remember that Lince Dorado vs Mitch Ryder hair vs mask match in Chikara for all the wrong reason.   Lince does his finishing move and seriously hurts himself to the point where it looks like he was twitching in the ring.  Mitch pretty much put Lince on him for the pin and then does the most un-emotional hair shaving possible because Dorado was being stretchered out.  

Dorado was completely KO'd and unresponsive to the point where everyone thought he was dead... at one point his mother staggered through the curtain wailing and crying before (I think) Sweeney hustled her to the back. He of course recovered but it's still the scariest thing I've ever seen live.

Man I remember that Lince Dorado vs Mitch Ryder hair vs mask match in Chikara for all the wrong reason. Lince does his finishing move and seriously hurts himself to the point where it looks like he was twitching in the ring. Mitch pretty much put Lince on him for the pin and then does the most un-emotional hair shaving possible because Dorado was being stretchered out.

Dorado was completely KO'd and unresponsive to the point where everyone thought he was dead... at one point his mother staggered through the curtain wailing and crying before (I think) Sweeney hustled her to the back. He of course recovered but it's still the scariest thing I've ever seen live.

Yeah. That was awful. If i remember right, his mother screamed "my baby's dead."

We were supoosed to meet up with Alvarez after the show. But needless to sau, that didnt happen.

MITCH RAHDER, BABY.  I used to see him all the time back around 2001-2002 when I was driving up to a show called CCW in Evansville IN.  It had a buncha good guys there, Chris Hero and Necro Butcher and various other IWAMS dudes were there frequently.  It was held in this massive building that used to be a theater, it had a labyrinth of back rooms where you could've easily filmed a good found-footage horror flick; and it's the only locker room where I saw a joint openly smoked in the promoter's office.  (Dave Prazak once told me "that's the only locker room where I actually saw someone pull a gun", too.)  I don't really have any stories about Mitch, other than one time he got his poor nose accidentally broken by my buddy Bart Sawyer with a wayward beltshot.  But he was always a fun old-fashioned Memphis-style walk-and-talk brawler.