DVDVR Message Board

2014-15 NCAAF - THE PLAYOFFS! (and Bowls)

Dolfan in NYC

Is anyone else scared that we've watched 3 quarters of a football with out some totally blown call by the refs. I mean there is a bit of question about the Ducks 70 yrd TD but I think that pales in comparison to Dez or The flag.

NCAA refs > NFL Refs?

That's painful to say.

Seriously, how did Elliott get this good in between the Michigan game and the Wisconsin murder?

It can't just be Jones's deep ball backing off the safeties, can it?

The offense changed. When Barrett was playing, it was more of that quasi-single wing offensive philosophy where everything is designed to feature the QB, like Tebow at Florida. When he went out, and with a somewhat unknown commodity at QB, they went to more of a straight forward, power rushing/play action passing game.

Essentially, he went from being a complementary piece to being asked to shoulder the load, and obviously, he was up for it.

Seriously, how did Elliott get this good in between the Michigan game and the Wisconsin murder?

It can't just be Jones's deep ball backing off the safeties, can it?

The offense changed. When Barrett was playing, it was more of that quasi-single wing offensive philosophy where everything is designed to feature the QB, like Tebow at Florida. When he went out, and with a somewhat unknown commodity at QB, they went to more of a straight forward, power rushing/play action passing game.

Essentially, he went from being a complementary piece to being asked to shoulder the load, and obviously, he was up for it.

They moved away from a lot of that after the Virgina Tech disaster. Put in that jet sweep and associated plays package and worked on getting the tailbacks outside more to counter that.

They definitely are running him more dive Barret went down, but the offense shift happened long before that.

And, again, he was good, but he's been a revelation these last three games.

I don't watch a ton of college football but just from this bowl season, it seems like protecting the QB isn't a concern there at all. Maybe the spread type offenses have something to do with it, I dunno.

It's harder to in the college game just because of how many qbs are also de facto running backs.

Oregon's "improved defense" has been getting gashed all damn night. Their offense hasn't clicked at all either.

I feel like we hear about Oregon's improved defense every year. Media needs to give it up.

Defense did play better the back half of this season, but against a team that can match their athleticism, they just can't handle the power game at all. Same story 5 years ago with Auburn.