DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: DIRTY WHITE BOY (Tony Anthony)

RIPPA

There will only be three WOTD this week just so y'all know.

In theory I should figure out a theme but that would require effort so Dirty White Boy Tony Anthony it is...

The angle where Dirty White Girl fakes being beat up by DWB is the craziest fucking thing.

What he said.  You could not run that angle today.

As much as we love that angle for all of the wrong reasons and still talk about it, I cannot believe that Tony Anthony hasn't been the WOTD before today

The angle where Dirty White Girl fakes being beat up by DWB is the craziest fucking thing.

What he said.  You could not run that angle today.

As much as we love that angle for all of the wrong reasons and still talk about it, I cannot believe that Tony Anthony hasn't been the WOTD before today.

Can you imagine the outrage if a wrestler said "Maybe you should see a rape crisis counselor" in the course of a wrestling angle today? I don't even want to know.

What really makes the angle even more disturbing is how happy Lady Mystic is that this unfolded. She goes from battered spouse to vindictive horrible person at the flip of a coin. That's heeling at its most repugnant. The handcuff lynching is also so hyperviolent. I'd imagine Dr. Tom could really have gotten hurt in the course of that. There's absolutely no control over your body at all.

As much as we love that angle for all of the wrong reasons and still talk about it, I cannot believe that Tony Anthony hasn't been the WOTD before today.

It always amuses me that you think everyone should have been a WOTD already.

I have only done like maybe 250 WOTD so far.

There are like two trillion guys for me to pick from

Boring tag team my ass.  Furnas and LaFon were fucking metal.

That Cobra Clutch Exploder finisher was one of my OH SNAP, SON~! moments in pro wrestling and only Anthony would be brave enough to take that move.

It always amuses me that you think everyone should have been a WOTD already.

I have only done like maybe 250 WOTD so far.

There are like two trillion guys for me to pick from

Then it saddens me that you have not picked him before now.  We probably talk about the He Hit Me angle at least once every three months. 

When I was a regular participant in the Dorkfest viewing parties, I think Dean had us watching at least one DWB match every time.  We could also not make it through the afternoon without some Japanese Indy Sleeze and one BatBat match which was usually Mochizuki kicking the breaks off some poor slob.

I only have use for DWB as a heel. I'm way too much a northerner otherwise. I also can't stand SMW face Tracy Smothers but love both FBI Smothers and heel Young Pistol Smothers.

For Matt, DWB and Ron Wright burning the Stars and Bars is a babyface move.

• Like 1

I only have use for DWB as a heel. I'm way too much a northerner otherwise. I also can't stand SMW face Tracy Smothers but love both FBI Smothers and heel Young Pistol Smothers.

For Matt, DWB and Ron Wright burning the Stars and Bars is a babyface move.

I don't know about you, but I cheered.   I don't know what made Cornette think that I would pull for the Southern Boys in a match against The Gangstas.

JT is down with the capital CPT.

• Like 2

Dirty White Boy HAD to be a face in SMW, it was plain as day. So did Tracy Smothers. But damn, White Boy did have a great heel run before his inevitable turn thanks to the freakin' genius that is Ron Wright. I'm proud to say I live one town over from a freakin' wrestling legend. The angle where Wright rose from that wheelchair after just forever to help White Boy in a match, then when asked about it later and shown the clip says "it's a miracle, I can walk!" is one of my favorite wrestling moments ever.

Cheering for the Gangstas and against Smothers and White Boy at a SMW live show was like taking your life into your own hands. We got a dude carted out of a show by a cop, who had to put him in some kind of necklock to keep dude from coming after us. Good times, good times.

That T.L. Hopper shit was a shame. He deserved more of a chance than that. 

Man, this thread makes me desperately want a complete set of SMW television. I love the borderline tasteless angles, plus New Jack and Mustafa are like ultra-faces for this liberal black guy from the West Coast. 

Porteau was a member of the New Dirty White Boys (upload by our boy Tim Evans)

Jesus, I had forgotten how awesomely loathsome that Ronnie P. Gossett was.

I guess we should all be thankful that someone brushed up on their kayfabe geography and realize that Louisiana was indeed a Sothern state.

It's not like TNA that puts Mexicans and Puerto Ricans in the same team.

I also love Porteaux's job interview as told to us by a PCP fueled Tony Anthony.

TA: Are you a mean son of a bitch? 

AP:  Yes, I am..

TA:  Are you from a Southern state? 

AP: Technically it is a Gulf State but it is almost as far south as you can go while still being in America.

TA:  You are hired, Mr. Porteaux.

THEN HE HAD TO GO TO A FUCKING TRAINING CAMP~!

This is why I love the pro wrestling.

Len Denton was the other DWB, right?

Tom Burton

I remember Burton but I always thought he was a singles guy. 

In that video, you have a Southern heel and a black guy in a wrestling match with a Fried Chicken Fan Cam.  Ah, wrestling was awesome when it unwittingly offended all people equally. 

It is like Mr.Carlson from WKRP throwing turkeys out of a helicopter not realizing that turkeys cannot fly.

When i say "other DWB," I actually mean "was in a tag-team with Tony Anthony/"  Len Denton is Anthony's tag partner in this match.  I knew at one point he was also a DWB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWp6xSzsYEg