DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

I like Mortal Kombat style stories so in my mind Dragon Azteca saw forward in time and knew Lotus would go after Dario's monster so he sent Puma to Konnan knowing it would get him in the Temple. Now Puma acts as Azteca's eyes and ears.

Why?

Because Dragon Azteca isn't allowed in the Temple. Dario all but said so.

JUST LIKE HOW RAIDEN COULDN'T GO INTO SHANG TSUNG'S ALTERNATE DIMENSION YOU FUCKERS!

I love this show. Except for Daivari. He really doesn't fit in anywhere.

They've already posted the segment to youtube, but tonight, Pentagon Jr. has a segment with Dario in the office.

You might get butt pregnant just from seeing so much manliness at once

Plus you'll all love the Cuerno match, trust me.

Ooh, King Cuerno, you say?  Damn I missed him, can't wait to see him back.

Dario/Pentagon, Jr. in the same room?  Unless I get a chance to watch it work (busy days here) I'll save it for the show tonight.  Can't wait to see it.

PWInsider says Hernandez wasn't actually out of his contract. How did they not know that? It doesn't matter what he told them, they had to ask for written proof knowing LU was still on the air or they're just dumb. I know we all assume they're just dumb, but I'm more willing to believe Hernandez got a release but not from the right people or something very strange, because no one can be this dumb.

Lucha Underground Report 7/15/15

Segment in a nutshell: Pentagon Jr. would take your fucking medallion if he wanted it; Vampiro is dead meat. 

Bengala vs. Daivari: Okay, jobber vs. jobber. Yuck. At least Bengala has a cool Tiger Mask ripoff look. Daivari drinks piss. This is for an Aztec Medallion? They say Bengala was trained by Casas so I guess he's taking the look from Felino more than anything. He does some nice flying, a sweet DDT into rollup too. Hey, damn, he wins with a German after Ryck accidentally hits pissboy. So some guy who has maybe had one match I forgot about in the promotion wins an apparently important item in the zeitgeist of LU; I guess they have something invested in Bengala if they continue on in that case. Someone will tell me he is actually Tiger or Puma and I will understand why. 

Vamp goes to the ring before break to build SUSPENSE~! Vamp rambles and Pentagon comes out in his swank Pentagon/Perrito split-face shirt. Vamp says Ian Hodgkinson isn't facing him at Ultima Lucha, but Vampiro, and chokeslams him. Pentagon takes a real good bump and sells it well. I'll take the high road and let Naimark piss all over this from a great height instead. Vamp is actually selling the fear and regret and anger really good after and the crowd are eating him up at least.

King Cuerno vs. Killshot: Oh please please please kill Killshot, Cuerno. This is also for an Aztec Medallion. Jesus this is horrible, Cuerno is just standing or sitting around waiting for Killshot to do his shit, it's so passive. Cuerno just acts bored... then he does an attempt murder backbreaker to Killshot on the apron that looks like he wanted to do an Emerald Frosion but rotated it just to be nice and not, you know, cripple the dude. Striker and Vamp are trying to cover up for the suck on commentary. Then Cuerno KILLS Killshot with a standing reverse rana that is straight up Kanemoto vs. El Samurai level. A weak arrow tope (from Cuerno that is a shock, honestly) and la Tapatia with the headlock for the tapout. If you want to see Killshot die, you want to see this, but you'll want to see more death and less offense. And can we stop with the goddamn rope-assist kicks already?! Every single wrestler in this federation uses them and it's getting extremely tired. 

Super Fly vs. Sexy Star: Sexy hits a really bad low-blow and armbars Super Fly in seconds. Now here comes Marty the Moth who looks like he molests announcer gal (I always forget her name) while grabbing the mic and she audibly yells. He says the medallion (another Aztec Medallion match, really?) has a moth on it so he asks for a match. Sexy wins with another armbar. This benefited greatly from the camerawork, or lack thereof in certain moments, I have no doubt. 

They're finally pimping some merch! Go for it y'all. 

Run-through of the Ultima Lucha card. I don't see that Demon match coming off at all without blood. Drago/Hernandez might be pretty good. Puma/Muertes is gonna fucking rule. 

Dario is in the ring to play Dana White and stand between Puma and Mil. Catrina and her big booty come down; Konnan comes down; Mil and the Disciples of Death lay out both Puma and Konnan and Mil holds the cane and belt up while Konnan gets rolled into a coffin. Puma eats a Flatliner of course. 

Well, pretty lame for a go-home, if that's what we're getting (they said Ultima Lucha is August 5th, right? Are we done until then?). This was probably way more fun live than it was to watch.

Whoever edited the Vampiro segment together has the patience of a saint. He said fuck so many times that it would have been way easier to just bleep him than recut the segment like that, but cutting all the fucks made it tighter for time.

This episode was weird. They taped it before Pentagon tried to set Vampiro on fire so we thought it was a backstage segment we didn't see. Then he did it on a later show.

Killshot died worse but they cut it. sorry guys.

They taped a full, long Super Fly vs Sexy Star match and decided to scrap it, have him lose in two seconds, and insert the Moth. Not sure why- match was bad but all her matches are bad.

Vamp goes to the ring before break to build SUSPENSE~! Vamp rambles and Pentagon comes out in his swank Pentagon/Perrito split-face shirt. Vamp says Ian Hodgkinson isn't facing him at Ultima Lucha, but Vampiro, and chokeslams him. Pentagon takes a real good bump and sells it well. I'll take the high road and let Naimark piss all over this from a great height instead.

Thanks Curt!

Is there a starker contrast anywhere than between the booking of Pentagon Jr and Sexy Star over the past two months?  After working himself into the very upper eschalon of the LU universe with a series of intense promos and crippled prelim wrestlers, Pentagon Jr has seen his push not just stall but invert.  Meanwhile Sexy Star, arguably the worst wrestler on the LU roster, is the one being booked as the fearsome crippler.  One wrestler got to submit two opponents in a combined three minutes last night.  The other was laid out by a fat, retired wrestler and left prone in the ring as they cut to a commercial.  

Of all the fantastical and unbelievable angles and stories in this admittedly outlandish promotion, none of them - not Dario's face-eating monster of a brother, not Drago exploding in a ball of fire, not Catrina's miraculous gravity-defying boobs - none of that demands as much suspension of disbelief as Pentagon Jr being booked as Sexy Star's inferior.  Having to accept Sexy Star, clearly a terrible wrestler whose limitations demand her much larger and stronger opponents overtly alter their performance to protect her at every turn, as even the equivalent of Pentagon Junior is preposterous.  The fact that she has been clearly booked as his superior is downright insulting.

Back to you Curt.

• Like 3

What kharmic slight did I commit to have to endure TWO Sexy Star matches last night.

One of which included getting away with a clear foul in full view of the ref.

I'm cool on the Pentagon Jr shit, but who the fuck is Sexy Star fucking to get protected the way she is.  She's more protected than Puma and Muertes at this point.  Its not like there isn't a plethera of more over and more talented women in the world that could get slotted into her spot (Ivelisse, who's on the roster already, included) and be more believable than Sexy Star in her "push".

The one you should be worrying about is Super Fly

And RAZIEL I DONT WANT TO SEE YOU CRYING ABOUT TWO MATCHES IN ONE NIGHT - I had to see an extra Sexy Star match that didn't even air!  A LONG ONE.  At least it felt that way

The one you should be worrying about is Super Fly

And RAZIEL I DONT WANT TO SEE YOU CRYING ABOUT TWO MATCHES IN ONE NIGHT - I had to see an extra Sexy Star match that didn't even air!  A LONG ONE.  At least it felt that way

I weep for you.

Why do people assume season 2 have to start in October? I always thought coming back 3 months later was too soon for people like Burnett and Rodriguez. If they treating this like a tv series, spring of 2016 seems more likely.

Would it be unreasonable to assume that they might try a faster turnover this time, hence the later taping dates, to avoid shit like the wiki spoiling the payoff to Ultima Lucha months before it airs?