DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: LACEY VON ERICH

RIPPA

TNA's use of LVE made zero sense. The girl could promo and looked good. She screamed manager/valet. Not wrestler. Since Trish hit it big all the North American companies are completely obsessed with making every woman on its roster step into the ring. LVE could move, but she just couldn't put it all together in a style that made sense. It was so disjointed. The second rope flip into an elbow drop just looked so stupid. She obviously could flip so why not just had poor workrate behind a bunch of gymnastic moves (standing moonsault, cartwheel into a back elbow, etc.).

LVE was working the style made famous by Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler, but found a way to do a poor women's version of that style. TNA has money with her, but of course pissed it away by making her look completely stupid. Eva Marie and LVE are two of the hottest women in wrestling from the last ten  years. LVE was mis-used and as of this writing- so is Eva Marie.

God I hate the internet

This match is from Chickfight and I was like "Oh... Cheerleader Melissa. Let's see what miracles she can perform"

But of course the fucker who uploaded the video puts on "sex feet wrestling"

That Kong/Lacey moment is the best.  It's like if a child has always had a stuffed bear they loved. Then one day, you're out in the woods, and a real bear shows up and they think they want to go hug it.

Heh, I'd never seen that one before, it's pretty great.  I especially love how the Beautiful People (who've been properly terrified of their berzerker partner) just SPRINT to grab Lacey and yank her back, being all like "NO, you dumbass, she'll KILL you!!!"

Oh, dear God in Heaven.  I was one of the ringside photogs at that match.  Angel should've won a fucking Oscar for walking Lacey through that match.

Orisini is awesome, a real hidden gem who always deserved to be talked up a lot more.  I dunno if it's just all her name/gimmick changes that have confused people and made them not realize she was the same person, or what; tons of folks have never heard of her until you mention she was The Prodigette in ECW.  I once called a match she had (when she was named Riptide) against Luna Vachon which was freaking great, just a beautiful Attitude brawl where they wandered all over the room while beating the living shit out of each other.  

• Like 1