DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/29-11/5 +

Davey started the show looking either conflicted or constipated. He's not a man, he's not a shark, HE'S A WOLF! He's also a moron, as is Eddie. They lost to The Revolution as Storm revealed that his cast is the Feast or Fired case, and he wanted Davey to join to get the titles, but he'll settle for jumping them to win. Wolves came off as complete jobbers here, while Storm is devious and the commentary work was excellent to tie all of the loose ends together so it all made sense. Before this, none of this really made sense, but now it does - so yay for the narrative working on the second to last Impact.

Manik and Shera have fantastic chemistry. The King-Anderson-Melendez thing sucked, largely due to King and Anderson being annoying. Taryn-Madison was fine fanservice - ditto the Menagerie vs. BPs/BroMans match. Joe's promo was excellent and really made the X Title seem like a huge deal again. Loved Bram's goofy promo too - the Tommy song was something else. Gunner-Shaw was fine, and Shaw takes a hell of an F5 bump. NOW PLEASE LET THAT BE THE END OF THIS FEUD! Lashley-Aries II was even better than their first match. The flurry of suplexes was right out of Cena-Lesnar, but I loved it. Aries took some amazing bumps here, and the double countout finish worked to set Lashley up as a killer who wasn't just out to win. He wanted to maim - he's got his shot guaranteed and is just out to send a message. Very good show overall.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/11/tna-impact-11-12-14.html

Screens -

3af0ce364007950.jpg

023a78364006694.jpg

74c202364006703.jpg

224826364007283.jpg

4674d6364007293.jpg

9bbbf4364007318.jpg

d3b212364007326.jpg

c183c1364010406.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/wdxjb0tk3vr26xx2hvhf52po29hpmhaj

Show opened with a great recap of the Roode-Lashley stuff. Then Roode came down and talked about stuff and Lashley lightly jogged for a walk and brawl. God that sucked. EC3 cuts a nothing promo about Spud, but at least his pompadour ruled. They announce the best of shows start on 12/3 and air a great video for Havok-Gail-Terrell. KOs three way was pretty good at points, but a bit sloppy too. Taryn's win felt like a big-ish deal and I liked her beating the first KOs champion to win it. Melendez-King sucked and was capped off with an MVP attack that was killed by him looking ridiculous.EC3-Spud thing was enjoyable, but it didn't do much for me and I dig everyone involved in this. Hardcore match was stuff. Nice diving Hart Attack off the second rope from Dreamer - I'll be damned, for the first time in 15 years, HE INNOVATED VIOLENCE! Al Snow was crazy-ripped - loved him just showing up in his gear ready for a fight. X Title 4-way was a lot of fun, but these matches do seem a bit underwhelming in the era of Lucha Underground. The show-closing brawl was a cluster, but I guess we'll get Kurt-Roode-Anderson vs. MVP's crew on the first Destination America show, leading to Lashley's full face turn and then a title match afterwards. This was an okay show, but nothing really great happened on it - shame it's the final first-run episode on Spike.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/11/tna-impact-wrestling-11-19-14-spike-tv.html

CHAMP IS CROWNDED!

b30fdd365540480.jpg

aa8f79365535360.jpg

bdb222365533707.jpg

db9ce5365533688.jpg

d088cd365534535.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/tr5uxxrqejxtiih44wr4ww4ym8a2wb6q

Loved the knockouts triple threat and happy to see Taryn as champ finally, she deserves it and has worked hard for the last few years. Glad the match got a solid amount of time and thought everyone looked good throughout. Very enjoyable match. Crazy that it's the last show for awhile but a fun exciting ending.

I really enjoyed Impact.  Helps that I knew about them continuing next year as otherwise it'd be depressing seeing this show.  But now I'm very hopeful for them as they finally have a consistently good thing going on.  Not all of it is good, but there's enough to be optimistic about.

If you said Tiffany from WWECW would be TNA Knockouts champ years ago I'd call you crazy.  But here she is and she very much deserves it.  Good for her.  Though I really like Havoc she's going to be better as the babyface champ.

As passe as it seems to have Tommy Dreamer and Bram in hardcore matches in 2014, I enjoyed it.  Maybe it's the nostalgia from ECW week, but Bram would have been tailor-made for the original ECW.  The attitude, gimmick, and fighting style would have worked very well for him.  So I just pretended the best I could that it was ECW and it made the match much more enjoyable for me.  That and I'm a fan of Tommy as well.

And Chris Melendez is pretty darn good all things considered.  He's much more believable than Zach Gowen was in WWE.  It's very easy to believe that if TNA did fold he'd be a star in WWE, or at least a promotional machine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You posted only one Knockout screencap? Bro, you're slippin'.

I was honest to God debating whether or not to even watch the show, and I figured "okay, I just watched Lucha Underground, I might as well just watch this" - and then it led to me not only being amazed at how TNA could screw up an archival show, but also reworking my writeup on it for the Observer site. Seven years after starting to write about the show here, I got a writeup on it for the Observer site, and that feels great.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/100-tna/40183-tna-impact-tv-report

2014 was a really fucked up year in a lot of ways for me, but I feel so proud knowing that I reached for the brass ring and actually grabbed it - must be because I'm not Swiss.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, is this the thread to talk about the top 20 moments show?

If so, they showed Angle/Joe and Lethal promo battling Flair.  The former was awesome, the latter was 10 billion stars.  You can tell they're both having so much fun.  Also neat to see the knockout battle royal.  I forgot how different Velvet and Angelina looked before they took those names.  And Hogan/Sting was interesting because the crowd ate up that face turn so much.  It was awesome, though it was sad seeing Hogan needing the ropes to get up.

• Like 1

So, is this the thread to talk about the top 20 moments show?

If so, they showed Angle/Joe and Lethal promo battling Flair.  The former was awesome, the latter was 10 billion stars.  You can tell they're both having so much fun.  Also neat to see the knockout battle royal.  I forgot how different Velvet and Angelina looked before they took those names.  And Hogan/Sting was interesting because the crowd ate up that face turn so much.  It was awesome, though it was sad seeing Hogan needing the ropes to get up.

Hogan/Sting would've been in my top 2-3, one of the biggest pops in TNA history for the face turn. Curious to see the top 10. I'd probably have Hogan/Sting as my 2nd favorite moment behind only Aries' title win.

Yeah it will be interesting to see the Top 10 it seems early X Division, the 3 way X Division title match and Taryn vs. Kim are in the Top 10 based on the preview.

Don't assume ... it's still TNA.