DVDVR Message Board

2014 NCAAF: Week 1

Dolfan in NYC

As an aside, my work on Saturday is very hurry-up-and-wait, so a fair chunk of today is waiting for games to finish with a remote in my hand and no wife to look at me crosseyed when college football is on for an 8 hour block.

I love my job.

The two holes in the defense tonight are DepPriest and Eddie Jackson (6'1" dude who would be covering White instead of Shorty Sylve). There are other issues to be worked through, but those have been the killers.

I'm thinking this is a "get Bama early on the season" type of year. No way Nick Saban has a defense this vulnerable in November.

Jameis will shred them anyway.

Just like he shreds crab meat.

*feels side eyes through the computer*

What?  That was a great setup. I simply took advantage of it.

Well, I'm glad that one's over. I told you all it would be closer than most thought (and even called WVU to score about 20). Holgorsen is a terrific offensive mind, and I knew they'd be better than they showed last year.

That was probably the best performance we can possibly get out of Clint Trickett and WVU defense today.  Hopefully I am wrong with that.  For a team who was a 25 point underdog they were only about 3 bad drops and a really questionable 15 yard penalty on defense from performing a miracle being 25 point underdog.  

I get the feeling that Saban is already getting sick of Lane given some of the reactions shown on the sidelines.  Never mind that you would think Kiffin was the head coach with all the attention he got in the game.   Luckily I don't get they are going to face an offense with that kind of speed in West Virginia.