DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014: JULY

Dolfan in NYC

Honestly...props to Russell. He had a shaky start to this year, but how his arm didn't fall off I don't know. He was one of the most overused relievers I can think of. Quade and Sveum did their best to ruin him, but he's still going.

OK goddamnit.  

Russell and Bonifacio to Atlanta.  For what, I don't know.

And to finish off the Price deal - #Rays also get minor-league SS Willy Adames from #Tigers in Price trade.

Wait, Franklin is a SS, too. Why are they trying to corner the market on SS prosects. Who do they think they are, the Cubs?

OK goddamnit.  

Russell and Bonifacio to Atlanta.  For what, I don't know.

And to finish off the Price deal - #Rays also get minor-league SS Willy Adames from #Tigers in Price trade.

Wait, Franklin is a SS, too. Why are they trying to corner the market on SS prosects. Who do they think they are, the Cubs?

Well, Adames is supposedly highly touted.  And failed SS's tend to make nice 2Bmen.

And all I am seeing so far is the Braves are sending a minor league catcher to the Cubs.

EDIT!!!! Said catcher is Victor Caratini

Edited by EdA

Seriously, the Tigers bullpen is a friggin' grease fire.  Soria comes in, gets tagged (again).  3 straight awful appearances.  Chamberlain gets tagged for 2.  Albuquerque gave up a homer and looked bad today.  They have literally no one that comes in and you EXPECT to not have them scored on.  NOT.  ONE.  GUY.

And then there's Alex Avila - the .214 hitting catcher who strikes out in 33% of all plate appearances and is mediocre, at best, behind the plate. 

But, hey, we've got the last three Cy Young winners.

I'd say Schwarber is the Cubs top catcher prospect, but Caratini is a switch hitter, so there is that.

Well, Catarini was the Braves 2nd round pick in 2013.  And yeah, he is a switch hitter.

If it eases the pain, the Cubs sent cash to the Braves in the deal too.