DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA Playoffs - Round of 8

Dolfan in NYC

I see Bosh decided to disappear again.  Why is he considered one of the Big Three still?

To prove non-believers wrong.

Again, and again... 

Chris-Bosh-Miami-Heat-GIFbomb.gif

And again... and again....

9 to go

• Like 2

And Pierce had slightly past their primes KG and Shuttlesworth and LeBron as a Cavalier had the in their prime Washington Generals.

Beating Pierce and the Nets is like being proud of defeating Jordan's Wizards. Nobody thought the Nets would even take this to six. Durant just put up 40+ on a 57-win team the other night and nobody in here said anything about it. It's funny that when LeBron puts up a 40 point game in the East everyone runs in here :lol:

I know your mister Boston Celtics and all, but Pierce just got cooked after publicly asking to guard Lebron.  That's my point.  That's what happen today. Not whatever year Boston won, which has nothing to do with the topic at hand.  So really..what's your point?

And if you want to go off topic, okay we can do that for moment.  By "primes" you mean when Lebron was on Cleveland(not sure that was Lebron at his best actually even though he scored more for that team) with Mo Williams and a "fill in the blank if they're still in the league" roster vs. Pierce with Garnett and Ray Allen.  It's true. Boston won twice. We got it.  We know it.  We lived it.  Now we're here today.

Finally, Lebron has put Pierce out just as much as Pierce has put him out at this point. So where are we at?

Nets mortgaging their future for the corpses of Pierce and Garnett is turning out to be a terrible move. Add in the Deron Williams contract and the cap hell they are in and Billy King has to be on thin ice.

LeBron ran to his buddy D-Wade and they called up Bosh and made this happen. Don't forget that. He has said himself a hundred times that they put this team together because of the Celtics. Apparently Boston was the blueprint though I don't necessarily agree with that. People are acting like Boston was stacked but the Heat aren't... C'mon now. Pierce is completely over-the-hill and guys like Williams and Johnson have never lived up to their contracts despite Joe having a solid year. This Nets team is pretty damn average. Of course Pierce is going to take the challenge because that's who he is. If Pierce was 60-years old he'd still take the challenge..  Only a crazy person would expect him to succeed. He'd rather die on his feet.

People are acting like Boston was stacked but the Heat aren't...

wut?

"LeBron has no help!" is a real thing. Believe me. I've seen it. Bosh receives so much shit from fans it's comical yet here we are and he made one of the biggest baskets of the night. I've skimmed through Miami boards.

I think at this point in his career it could be Lebron and some quadriplegics and the team would still be stacked.

I'd love to see what would happen if he went back to Cleveland because I don't know how they would handle success. I'm not sure the world is ready for that.

I don't think anyone was overly praising Durant's 40 point game yesterday because (1) they lost and (2) he wasn't able to adjust to the defense played on him in the 4th.  Plus, he actually shot poorly (for him anyway), but he made up for it by getting to the line a bunch of times.  If Pierce had locked up Lebron tonight, he definitely would have gotten his props.

Anyway, I actually don't think the Heat looked very good this game.  Rashard Lewis might be getting too many minutes at this point for them.

The Pacers' position is looking way better than it did a few weeks ago.  I thought the Wiz Kids would give them trouble until I saw the third game.   I knew the WIZ were doomed after that one.  The Pacers' whole identity has been wrapped up on facing the Heat and they'll get what they want with the home court advantage.  Whatever happen beforehand doesn't matter now because they'll play the Heat hard.  My question is the same question I had all season: if they do defeat the Heat, can they take whoever comes out of the West?  I'm doubtful.

Edited by _MJ_

Fuck no. The only team in the East that can beat whoever comes out of the West is Miami. Unfortunately for both Miami and Indiana the Pacers were built for the sole purpose of beating Miami in the ECF as though the Finals are a complete afterthought. Indiana has something less than a chance against OKC or San Antonio.

People are acting like Boston was stacked but the Heat aren't...

wut?

"LeBron has no help!" is a real thing. Believe me. I've seen it. Bosh receives so much shit from fans it's comical yet here we are and he made one of the biggest baskets of the night. I've skimmed through Miami boards.

There's one on this board. Lord.

SizzlingWellwornKingsnake.gif

When Bosh is actually involved, he's fantastic. And he can hit a game-ender with the best of them. But he disappears too much for my liking.  Where's the consistency? Dude really should be scoring more, IMO. I can't help it, I like my stars to shine, not blend in.