DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2014 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

Dear Flyers, please come back to win your series so I don't have to intentionally root for the Pens in the next round (having to root for the Habs makes me sick enough).

Dear Flyers, please come back to win your series so I don't have to intentionally root for the Pens in the next round (having to root for the Habs makes me sick enough).

Why? You're a fan of every other team in the league, brah.

• Like 4

Why? You're a fan of every other team in the league, brah.
So the entire league is the Sabres (Isles and Flyers are second favorites because I go to their games)? And quite frankly unless the Canucks move to Kansas City you shouldn't say shit about my fandom.

Once the score became 4-3 I knew the Pens had it. The series was fated to end that way.

Hopefully NY-Philly goes 7 to give our guys a chance to heal up. The Pens have no chance if Vitale and especiallly Sutter are out.

The San Jose Sharks, ladies and gentlemen.

I knew as soon as they didn't score on that long 5-on-3 in the second. It was just too obvious.

That was definitely a movie I've seen before.

(Though the Vlasic injury in game 5 was probably a more damning moment overall, and puts this series in Pyrric Victory territory even if they survive game 7)

I guess they go back to Niemi for Game Seven?

*shrug*

I figure goaltending is the least of their concerns right now. I'm not sure this team has what it takes mentally to win a Game 7 now. Maybe they'll prove me wrong but like you said they completely fell apart after that 2-1 goal.

Or conversely, maybe the Kings have punched themselves out, giving all they've got pressing so hard just to get back to this even point, and the Sharks will finish off a team worn down by their own prolonged desperation.

[Pretty good for typing with my fingers crossed, I must say :)]

Oddly enough, the Sharks have been in this situation before:  they got up 3-0 on Detroit a couple years back and needed 7 to win that one.  Maybe they can do it again.  Anaheim's the real winner of this SJ/LA series, though.