DVDVR Message Board

Howdy Folks!

Mistah Na1m4rk

What did you miss? Some people posted some stuff, others didn't. I returned as someone had to bring the culinary expertise. Good to see ya back, buddy!

You're still in New Mexico?  I just got tickets for Fidelio at the Santa Fe Opera this summer, I was considering kidnapping George RR Martin while I was down there and could always use somebody who is good with zip ties.

• Like 1

Glad to have you back sir. Some of us have been praying for BBQversity 2. You're other musings have been greatly missed!

James

I live in an apartment now.  In New York.  Surrounded by Yankees.  These are dark times.

New York?  Holy shit, I may have to make arrangments to personally com and get this manuscript from NYPL for John, rather than having them scan and send it to me.

Oh yeah, Cockroach Cup for sure.

Now that I'm living in NY I'm looking forward to making my first trip to Yankee Stadium to see a game.  I'll probably also make the trek to Boston to see a game in Fenway Park and smell the mixture of vomit and self-pity that makes the air there so distinctive.

• 1 month later...

I figure I'll piggyback on Naimark's "I Have Returned" post to say:

"Hello! I'm Back!"

Damned if I can remember what my old ID was, I know my avatar was a photo of Vince Young kissing the MNC crystal football.

That's all. Carry on.

• Like 1

You were/are an archaeologist right? I remember always thinking "that guy has that kickass job I wanted when I was 7 years old" and to be honest, still want now, though it's far too late for that.

You were/are an archaeologist right? I remember always thinking "that guy has that kickass job I wanted when I was 7 years old" and to be honest, still want now, though it's far too late for that.

Yep, I still am Tomorrow is my 10-year anniversary of being a professional archaeologist. Only change is I got a new cushy state job about a year ago.

There might be local archaeology organizations you could join to get involved in small projects and hear lectures.

I'm actually a desk jockey about 80% of the year now. And I still hate snakes.

I believe you were simply "john lowe" back then and on the short list of my favorite posters! (I went by Zubaz back in the green board days.)

• Like 1