DVDVR Message Board

I spend time in here reading everyone's posts. My condolences first of all. I wish you and yours all the best. I have problems as well but I don't post them due to not feeling that they are as severe as yours. Pardon the term, but it's kinda therapeutic to read other people's issues and realize that things could be far worse and life is not all that bad, after all. May things turn for the better for everyone in the now and any that may post in the future.

• Like 2

To my, I guess, soon to be former sister-in-law. 

My brother just found out that his wife wants a divorce, has been seeing some other guy for awhile now and is pregnant with his kid.  It's especially fucked up as they have two teenage boys who are both pretty devastated at the moment (Not to mention she's almost 50 and waaaay too old to be having another kid).  And on a more selfish note it feels like losing a sister, as they've been married since I was 10 years old.  Just so fucked up.

Bring this back around to the beginning -

Sunday we heard some gurgling in the toilet/shower/sink general area, and called to get the roots cut out of our sewer main AGAIN.  When the guy was here we asked if there was anything we could do, and he said he'd set up an appointment to get his camera guy and take a look and see if there was some more long term solution and forward it onto the water company to see what they had to say.  ugh.

Thankfully because of many horror stories I've heard about problems like this, I immediately signed up for water main/sewer main coverage when it was offered as a separate dealie by our water company last year.  So hopefully this'll only end up costing us $50, instead-of $8-10K like other people I know.

Yeah, someone working at a house 500 feet from my house hit a gas line. I'd be less upset if my dog and two cats are stuck in my house and it'll be a couple more hours before I can get in.

New Jersey.  We're the gold standard for corrupt politics.

That Deadly Explosion story running on the Philly and NY stations was 500 feet from my house.

Shoddy subcontractors got someone killed.

IDK how old you are, but phone calls are a heavy move after a first date in 2014. You text her a few days after the date, wait for a response. If none, you wait a few more days/a week and text again. If still no response you try again 10-14 days after that. If still none, THEN you move on. Should she actually have interest in you, she'll find some way to "buttdial" you or apologize for "being so busy with work lately" down the road. Sounds like you came on too strong immediately after, that tells her you got little prospects, which is NOT the way to garner female interest. They're a competitve breed, the more options they think you have, the stronger they respond to your advances.

I've been out of the game for a long time but I would think no reply to one text message would be enough of a sign to back away.

100% wrong. They do it to see how interested you are in them. I mean, unless the date was a total disaster and he's just not aware of it, clearly she has some interest in him otherwise she wouldn't have agreed to the date in the first place.  1 text and then nothing else afterwards comes across to a girl as "He must've thought I was easy." Of course, apparently he didn't play it cool and made continued contacts, rather than 1 or 2 texts, wait a week, 1 or 2 again, wait another 2 weeks, try one last time. At least this is true for females in the age range I'm used to dating (College age to early 30s).

Dating is just the worst. Can't people just say how they feel without being manipulative pieces of shit?

For real. It seems like such a hassle. If a girl is in to you why wouldn't she just reply to the first text? Seems all different types of weird to me. My wife better never bail on my ass or I am screwed.

Because girls [i mean, bitchez] that go on dates, assuming they didn't put out then and there, are looking for relationships. And no girl who wants a relationship wants the guy to think they're an easy lay. So they play hard to get to make the guy know that he has to put effort into actually laying pipe.

Of course, none of this applies to one night stands and/or girls who put out on the first date. Once the nipple makes its first appearance, you'll find they answer texts/calls with alarming regularity.