DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Picked up the Eaos to complete my exotics collection and, with the Triumph finished a few days ago, pretty much complete Year One.

Decided to have a good vault clear out since it was getting annoying just having one free slot for weapons and one for armor across 3 characters and the vault. I've cleared about 40% space on all weapon types on each character now. Armors still an issue due to the lower amount of space given in the vault. I could probably clear out another dozen weapon slots  and maybe 5-10 armor slots without having to delete raid level equipment. I'd just need to get rid of my entirely unnecessary, and under powered, collection of Scout Rifles that serve absolutely no purpose what so ever. I did delete some of the stuff i had doubled (or tippled) up on like Ice Breaker just because of how easy it is to transfer items between characters now. The only multiples i kept were Gjallarhorns because, well, you would wouldn't you?

Picked up my 3rd Icebreaker from Nightfall this week. That will at least theoretically come in handy when I start my hunter post-TTK.

Did two Crota runs last night and got nothing of note except my 2nd Gjallarhorn. You know you're in a bad place with the game when a Gally is met with a shrug.

I'll either do two more Crota runs with my Titan today in search of the elusive Black Hammer, or move on to Vault HM.

Ended up doing Crota NM and 32 & 34 PoE.

Breezed through 32 like it was a strike playlist, but just could not get my guys through Qodron yet again.

On the bright side, Crota finally yielded BLACK HAMMER. So I'm set.

• Like 1

So close tonight. ToO, had a flawless card with 7 wins and then lost a close lag filled match to keep me out of the lighthouse. Ended 8-1. That was on my warlock. With my hunter I got 6 wins. Was just looking to get the helmets really but also got a couple etheric light, a plan c, shotgun, and some other random shit from the packages.

The jordan's that xur is selling dont give a gunslinger a quad jump, fwiw. I had mine maxed before noon today, still only had three jumps. Did seem a little higher though.

The new kicks totally give quad jump to Gunslingers unless there has been a recent patch.   The problem is that some PvE zones have a defined ceiling that keep you from reaching a certain height so you can't wallbreach over certain obstacles.

The Crucible zones have really high ceilings so you will get killed by snipers and guys with rocket launcher perched in absurdly high places.  Not sure if you remember but during the Iron Banner, our team ran into a Bones of Eao sniper on the Rusted Lands map that was able to snipe over the wall separating A and B.

Most players don't use the Bones in the Crucible because you are taking up an Exotic slot just for an additional jump and more HW ammo.  Also they are DIS heavy and no one wants to take the INT hit in PvP.

Two crota kills today and i got my...6th word of crota and my 11tieth truth...fuck crota, right in his boney ass

It was my custody weekend so no gameage for me. I'm also on graveyard until Friday morning so that should kill any Skolas opportunities for me unless I can sucker some Euros into carrying me.

Ran into two more clowns who hid at the top of the pillar on Pantheon. 

I would hope that Bungie would patch it but I know from the Bioware/Hydra experience that it never will

Oh well - more fuckers to report

Ran into two more clowns who hid at the top of the pillar on Pantheon. 

I would hope that Bungie would patch it but I know from the Bioware/Hydra experience that it never will

Oh well - more fuckers to report

And they probably got there with maxed out Bones of Eao as per my previous post.  You're going to see more of that in the Crucible now that more people had access to them via Xur and they are going to scour YouTube for vids on how to best exploit the boots.

Bungie needs to patch PvP to have max height ceilings the same way they patched PvE so you cannot rocket bosses to death from the sides of really high cliffs.

Had a successful ToO weekend.  Almost flawless on one card but got the helmet on all three characters.  Acquiring and re-rolling PvP centric weapons and playing more crucible has certainly helped.  Going to grind some Dragon strikes this week and try to get the Hopscotch Pilgrim pulse rifle.  Apparently it's the shit.  Only drops from those strikes and is a possibility out of the lvl 28 PoE chest.  I'm looking forward to some aspects of weapon rebalancing simply because I'm tired of everyone using the same weapon loadouts in every match. 

Did a Crota tonight. My rewards? 7 energies and 2 shards. Not a single piece of armor or gun. I don't need any but its the principle of the thing!

I did what any sensible person would have done when screwed over by a game like that....fuck it, i brought The Taken King. Are you happy Bungie!? Is this what you wanted!?

Working 3rd shift is wrecking havoc on my sleep schedule but at least my K/D is benefitting.  Had the good fortune to run against some PvP amateurs and wrecked shop.  Nearly had a Mark of the Unbroken in a Control match (20-1) but died in the last few minutes of the match when I got too aggressive on an Arc Blade run.  I was pissed.  

Had two matches where I had 10+ killstreaks but I could never manage that 14th and 15th kill to get a Reign of Terror and get past Rippa on the Friends List standings.

Hopefully there will be players just as crappy on tomorrow morning. 

People put me on their Xbox Live Avoid List today thanks to the Crucible!  My Avoid% went up from 55% to 58% and my Unsporting rating is up from 43% to 45%. Wouldn't be surprised if I also got reported via Bungie,net.

Looks like there are issues with Xbox players logging in to the game.   Good thing I am at work making money but I am going to be a zombie at the end of this Iron Man shift.  13 hours... Yow...

I just got on no issues - did two bounties and called it a night.

Didn't feel like dealing with the Crucible

We will see what the reset has in store

I think I am going to be put on normal day shift during the week so hopefully the Coalition will roll into the Vault and Crota's End so I can once again try my luck at getting an Arc Damage Raid Legendary with which to blow Skolas's brains out.

I got my first Dead Orbit class shader today.  Bittersteel. Happy to have the skull motif thingie going on again with my Dustwalker cloak but it still reminds me that Chatterwhite shader has not dropped for me in my last three trips to the Vault.  Stupid me for forgetting to put it in my vault when I rerolled.

When Reset hits I will still be on shift. :(   Hopefully Variks will have some heavy INT or INT / STR gauntlets for me to wear with my Bones of Eao in PvE.

Gameinformer article on TTK

I already knew this from the Eyes of Crota grimoire card, but Bungie finally comes out and says that Eris used to be a Hunter before she lost her Ghost on the moon.  

Players think that since she currently works with Ikora Rey's Hidden that Eris is / was a Warlock but she isn't or wasn't.  I love how players argue about what class certain NPCs like Petra Venj, The Exo Stranger, or Prince Uldren are when the game lore clearly states that Warlocks, Hunters, and Titans gain their powers through the Light.

If you don't have a Ghost, you aren't a Warlock, a Hunter, or a Titan.

Looking at Bungie.net, Nightfall appears to be Winter's Run with Arc Burn, Solar Burn, and Small Arms and Weekly is Omnigu with Brawler. 

Skolas has Angry and Catapult.  Damn..  PoE 32 is Forever Eater and PoE 34 is Machine Wrath.

Variks is selling DIS / STR gauntlets this week.   He hates my INT. :(

He also selling the Chain of Orbiks Fel MG.  Holy crap,  all of Varks's weapons really should be Arc Damage for Captains or Solar Burn for Shanks.  Why in the hell is that a Void MG?

That Archon priest just cant catch a break. Hes already the easiest strike and every time he's up for Nightfall Bungie just stack the deck against the poor bastard!

Last weeks Lightswitch/Small Arms really isn't that bad for Skolas, once you've got the tactics down. You spend most of the fight circling the map so you're not really in one place long enough for Lightswitch to become a problem. Except maybe mines. I wouldn't try Angry this week as your first attempt. If you are lucky next week should be Brawler/Juggler. I think there are only 3 different combinations? If it is i'd go out of your way to get it done if you want that box checked by September

All of the Fallen weapons are pretty much useless. For what should be raid level gear the perks are next to useless and they actually have one less than the VoG and CE weapons. The only one i ever use is the pulse rifle since i got a void burn version from the Skolas fight. And void burn primaries are in short supply.

The jordan's that xur is selling dont give a gunslinger a quad jump, fwiw. I had mine maxed before noon today, still only had three jumps. Did seem a little higher though.

The new kicks totally give quad jump to Gunslingers unless there has been a recent patch. The problem is that some PvE zones have a defined ceiling that keep you from reaching a certain height so you can't wallbreach over certain obstacles.

The Crucible zones have really high ceilings so you will get killed by snipers and guys with rocket launcher perched in absurdly high places. Not sure if you remember but during the Iron Banner, our team ran into a Bones of Eao sniper on the Rusted Lands map that was able to snipe over the wall separating A and B.

Most players don't use the Bones in the Crucible because you are taking up an Exotic slot just for an additional jump and more HW ammo. Also they are DIS heavy and no one wants to take the INT hit in PvP.

Two crota kills today and i got my...6th word of crota and my 11tieth truth...fuck crota, right in his boney ass

It was my custody weekend so no gameage for me. I'm also on graveyard until Friday morning so that should kill any Skolas opportunities for me unless I can sucker some Euros into carrying me.

My bones of mj must be broken then....they are fully upgraded and i can only get three jumps out of my gunslinger.

It says on the perk tree it upgrades double jump with an additional jump, i figured it only works for bladedancers...oh well

I havent been able to check out anything in game today yet...ive spent most of the day at the dmv since my ol lady moved in last week and we are getting her stuff switched over....probably wont be on until late tonight either....as im now spendimg my evening in the er with my kid due to a possible broken ankle.

Today has been fun...

Felt like the Nightfalls were a little to easy so we did them with shitty auto rifles instead. At one point i was using an Atheon's Epilogue, a void auto rifle in a solar/arc Nightfall. We completed all 3 without incident. Granted they get a boost from small arms but it was still a nice combination of risk/fun.

I can confirm those boots definitely give you 4 jumps, I just used them to cheese my way across the bridge in Crota's End. Its easier with a Hunter than the Titan now. Also, finally got me a Crota cape for the hunter. Took 9 runs for it to drop but my Crota's End raid collection is complete on all 3 characters now, just to cap it off i tried running sword on my Hunter for the first time and killed that green sack of bones on attempt #1.

Doesn't look like there is anything too important in the patch. I assume they are saving all the big stuff for when TTK hits.

1.2.0.5 - The one about Husk of the Pit and Nepal rewards.

Weapons
  • Fixed an issue where “Packing Heat” achievement/trophy could not be unlocked by newly acquired Exotic weapons
  • Fixed an issue where Husk of the Pit drops were disabled
  • Drop rates for the Husk of the Pit from Blades of Crota have been increased by 150%

PvP
  • Updated the House of Wolves Control playlist to include the following maps with a lower weight in the rotation:
    • Rusted Lands
    • Shores of Time
    • Pantheon
    • Exodus Blue (Sony)
  • Updated the House of Wolves Clash playlist to include the following maps with a lower weight in the rotation:
    • Firebase Delphi
    • Twilight Gap
    • Blind Watch
    • Exodus Blue (Sony)
  • Inferno and Doubles playlists now have different tuning values for ammo crates
    • Special Ammo initial spawn time and respawn intervals have been changed to 180 seconds
    • Max of three Special Ammo crates will now be placed at one time
    • Heavy Ammo crates now spawn only once per match at 300 seconds

Tower
  • Tess Everis is temporarily leaving the Tower
    • A Kiosk terminal can be found near Eva Levante in North Tower that contains Tess' old inventory of special order items
  • The Nepal Aid shader and emblem have been added to the game
    • Redemption codes will soon be sent to the email used to place orders in the Bungie Store
    • These items will be found at the kiosk mentioned above

Technical
  • Fixed a potential crash when closing the vendor screen
  • Fixed a very rare case where an account could blocked by a WEASEL error on sign on
  • Fixed issues with suspend/resume handling on Xbox One

I got the skull of dire ahamkara for my warlock, an icebreaker (which i needed) for my titan and...

Wait for it....

A little longer....

Almost there....

11 strange coins for my hunter...

I cant bitch too much, i needed the icebreaker. I think that guarantees dickface will sell it friday.

Also, i tried the bones of mj again on patrol at earth... they worked. I am shamed.

Maybe i was running a blade dancer with double jump when i thought i was running a tri jump gunslinger before. I dunno.

Its been a rough week.