DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I wish they wouldn't be so vague about all this. I'm still on the fence about buying and having no definitive answer is leaning me towards 'wait and see'.

8 new story missions in the first act? A good start. If there are 2 or 3 acts with the same amount of missions, great! If the second act is just unlocking the strikes and raid? No deal.

Again, 4 new strikes sound good, but if 2 of them are just the 'Taken' versions of the PS4 exclusives they mentioned then I'm going to feel ripped off.

The quests interest me. Having to complete exotic exclusive story missions to get your shiny new item not only extends the game but gets rid of a lot of that troublesome RNG. If it turns out these quests are just jumping through a few, annoying, hoops then doing an already existing mission/strike again with a slightly different boss encounter like Thorn? Then fuck you Bungie!

I get no company flat out says there are X amount of missions in our game and it will take you 12 hours to beat. But with 2 extremely lacking in content DLCs already under their belt you'd think Bungie would want to go for the hard sell this time around.

God I am getting more and more pissed off

Bungie is all 8 MISSIONS!!!! THIS IS JUST ACT ONE!!!! OF PART TWO!!!!

So basically be prepared to drop another $20 in January

Oh and all the shit you spent money this first year is totally irrelevant.

BUT STILL THE SAME GAME!!!!

Fuck you Bungie

Yeah I have a bad feeling that Act One will end on a cliffhanger and it will cost to push forward in the story and that will be the proverbial straw. 

I actually didn't have a problem with the HoW DLC

It is a vast improvement from Dark Below to be sure but it would be nice if every story mod did not come with a complete overhaul of the game mechanics.  As I said before, it feels like I've been playing a beta for the past year.

This game was in development for about five or six years before launch and it still feels like they're working the bugs out.  Most of that shit should've been done before launch.  The whole "we're trying out new things!" deal makes it seem that they have no idea what they are doing or what direction they want the game to go in.

I've been through more MMO expansions, title add-ons, and franchise sequels than I care to remember and none of them radically changed the base game like Destiny expansions do.  Evem Mass Effect still felt familiar and good when it migrated from Action RPG to TPS RPG.

God I am getting more and more pissed off

Bungie is all 8 MISSIONS!!!! THIS IS JUST ACT ONE!!!! OF PART TWO!!!!

So basically be prepared to drop another $20 in January

Oh and all the shit you spent money this first year is totally irrelevant.

BUT STILL THE SAME GAME!!!!

Fuck you Bungie

Yeah I have a bad feeling that Act One will end on a cliffhanger and it will cost to push forward in the story and that will be the proverbial straw.

Here's more info that should put these concerns to rest:

cluding new stuff like platforming.

-2nd act has end-game story missions, strikes, “guided exploration for hidden secrets,” player triggered public events, exotic weapon quests, and a capstone event aka the raid “King’s Fall.”

-after first act several quests pop up surrounding “The Taken War.” Difficulty amped up. Example in the article says one of the quests takes you into the VoG to learn about Praedyth.

-hidden platforms only appear in some areas when scanned by the Ghost of the North (your ghost) (nicknamed coined by SpeckTech.)

-end game consists of 4 new strikes, and 3 reworked strikes that have Taken.

-strike bosses were made to be bullet sponges because bungie didn’t trust us working together as randoms. Now they take that back and have made NEW strikes to be “raid-light.”

-Darkblade’s name is “Alak-Hul” boss mechanic is said to be blinding. “here’s to hoping you like fighting bosses in utter blackness.” -Echo Chamber strike mechanic ripped off from DattoDoesDestiny. -Fallen Saber strike has a giant shank boss. Cover in the room shifts as you fight. -Shield Brothers strike has [removed awesome spoiler] and for the fight one of the brothers melees you while the other has a mortar cannon.

-TTK strikes have altered enemy placement on subsequent playthroughs to keep things fresh. Enemy species is rotated as well. -several different versions of the narration for strikes. -Dust Palace, Undying Mind, and Cerberus Vae reworked with Taken

Planet destiny has a pretty decent list of all the new stuff announced so far. For some reason it won't let me post a link. I'm on my phone so I gave up.

Some places are already taking pre-orders for the Legendary Edition in the UK for around £35. That's £5 less for all of the content than Bungie wants just for the digital version of the Taken King. The fact that it's dropped from £50 to £35 before it's even out suggests it'll probably be £20-25 after a month or two. If that's the case i'll be hard pressed not to take a punt on it

So from the looks of it Act 1 consists of 8 new story missions. Act 2, The Taken War, unlocks more story missions (doesn't say how many), 4 strikes, quests (still no word on how these play out) and a raid.

The extensiveness of Year Two makes me sad for Year One.  The BBEG's of Year One like Atheon and Crota did not benefit from the sell job that Oryx is getting.

That is why I kinda hate Raids.  Crota and Atheon got tucked away in the typical evil castle while the Wolves came right at us and now it looks like Oryx will be marching straight up Broadway with his undead army.  That's the fight I initially signed up for.

At least Crota got some build in the Dark Below story missions. Aside from a throwaway comment from dinklebot about the Vault I don't think Atheon even gets named by anyone in game?

Even when the Queen is going over your accomplishments in the voice over for House of Wolves she doesn't mention poor ol' Atheon.

At least Crota got some build in the Dark Below story missions. Aside from a throwaway comment from dinklebot about the Vault I don't think Atheon even gets named by anyone in game?

Even when the Queen is going over your accomplishments in the voice over for House of Wolves she doesn't mention poor ol' Atheon.

You would think that you would at least get some sort of cutscene when you unlock the Raids where the Cryptarchs bring you into discuss the data you pulled from the Archive that points you in the direction of the Vault of Glass and you'd get additional backstory about Kabr the Legionless.

I am the only person that thinks about these things.

The Criota one confused me at first. I just spent 4 missions destroying his eyes, ears, mouth, toes, nose soul and anything else Eris had a fetish for only to be told I had to kill him anyway.

I would like cut scenes. For like anything. Just something. And a little story. Too much to ask?

Correct

But since Destiny isn't remotely close to Mass Effect

Bungie can go fuck itself

Can't say that I really disagree. I've decided that I am not going to play TTK on 360 so I will probably quit out around TTK launch time and pick the game back up when I get an XBone.  I bought the Season Pass so HoW and DB should be free and I will only have to pay for the base game and TTK.

Swan song for me will probably be attempting to get my Year One emblem before the doomsday clock expires.

No telling when I am going to have reserve cash for an XBone.  We've only been in the new house for a month or so and the expenses are finally starting to stabilize.

Doing away with class-specific materials in favor of generic "armor materials" is going to make leveling up new characters a hell of a lot easier. I was thinking about speed running a Hunter alt before TTK hits, but now I'll probably just wait.

Plus, there's the one-time XP boost that will immediately bump a new character up to the minimum level that can compete in TTK content (or something to that effect).

Plus, there's the one-time XP boost that will immediately bump a new character up to the minimum level that can compete in TTK content (or something to that effect).

Yep.  I will have to get me some Red Bull from the 7-11 after all.

I am just so confused as to why Bungie is going this "10  year" route and just constantly changing the original game instead of doing Destiny 2 (and 3 and 4)

Well since I am realizing they will never do sequels and I will be upgrading the game for the XBone - I hate myself a little less for eventually getting Taken King

Well since I am realizing they will never do sequels and I will be upgrading the game for the XBone - I hate myself a little less for eventually getting Taken King

I will hate you for you since I still have a 360.  I may invest in a refurb XBone on the cheap from GameStop if the bills are kind since I am a Power Rewards member.

After a night's hiatus I will be back online tonight on parent's crappy internet.  Up for pretty much anything (32 or 34 PoE, VoG) connection willing since I have two new CE weapons to level up.

I almost won a Rumble match last night - with my Hunter of all people.

Lost by 100 points. Basically was neck and neck with two other dudes and it got to the point where last kill won.

It helped that one of the 6 in the match wasn't playing and instead just stood around dancing. So we basically battled to see who could find his spawn and kill him first.