DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

THE RAM IS MINE. Like, 5 weeks and 500 motes of light later. And too late to be of any use to me this installment of IB. Ah, well.

Also ran Crota on normal and hard. Picked up Fang of Ir Yut, Song of Ir Yut, and, I think, Abyss Defiant (that's the auto rifle, right?). As well as some armor that I immediately shredded for shards to convert into energies. Black Hammer remains elusive.

Next up, Vault normal and hard tomorrow. Come on, Vision.

• Like 1

The lag is soooo real Bungie.

Hit ib rank 5 on my hunter this morning, switched off to my warlock and hit 3 1/4, then over to my titan to hit rank 4 about an hour ago.

I didnt have the titan mark, but i do now.

Ive gotten 4 more jolders hammers *all on my hunter btw*, like i needed them. The hammer was a big part of that 17-0 run. I got two machine lords off one set of heavy ammo. Major props to the team for not letting the assholes get behind me and spoil my fun.

That being said, saggine bo had a 21-0 right before that, and he hit a 20-0 earlier tonight that had 13 assists i think. We have the same shitty isp.

The lag through this has been the worst i believe ive ever experienced in a game, wven call of duty. The last match slimy, bo, and myself played was on rusted lands, and a guy from the other team was on us at A before we had a chance to get it capped. He killed us all.

Needless to say, we got the fuck out of there mas rapido.

Btw, congrats punk, we are now tied for most kills in a single match i believe.

• Like 1

Mis went 17-0 to set the Xbox crew control record in one match.

It's always fun when you drive guys away crying from a match. At one point - it was 6 on 1

Full marks to that one dude though - he kept fighting odds be damned. God Bless him

Happy to hear that Mis is getting back to form. He was struggling in a couple of matches on Monday and I need him lean and mean to get me to Rank 5 and carry my ass to the winner's circle in 35 PoE and the Hard CE raid so I can back into that Year One emblem.

Well, ya know, that shit isnt going to happen if you take me off your friends list and wont accept any of the 30 goddamn invited i sent you this morning, but oh well.

Ended up only doing a VoG HM run, but I got the Vision of Confluence anyway, so I really didn't need the extra run anyway. That gives me a full set of non-exotic elemental primaries for my Warlock, and I just need a solar for my Titan.

I'm feeling quite lethal.

In Iron Banner news, I think the lag has been noticably reduced this weekend. I wonder if the ban hammer had something to do with it.

I will say that, now that we're two installents of IB into the new bounties, I think the "15 zone caps" bounty, while easy, is an overall detriment to the game. Not only are you dealing with the usual knuckleheads who don't know how to play Control, now you have players who are actively incentivized to cap that 3rd zone their team doesn't need.

• Like 1

That's a good haul for just a week or so. Took me a few months to get all of the 'big 3' primary burns (god damn you, you elusive Word of Crota!). It's a shame there wasn't a void scout in HoW that didn't require ridiculous amounts of luck to get to complete a set of bun scouts. I did manage to get Skolas to give up a void pulse rifle once that i'm pretty happy with though.

I don't know if you are lacking a Gjallarhorn or not, if you are i'd keep farming normal mode Crota for the Hunger. Its like a baby Gally. Tracking but with cluster instead of wolf pack. 

Edit:

Just a quick note. You say you ran hard mode VoG but not normal yet. If you do VoG hard first there's no point running normal. You get double loot drops in hard if you haven't already done normal. Hard mode has all the loot from both normal and hard. You only need to run normal if you really want something that drops there and want to eliminate the hard mode loot from the table giving you a slightly higher chance of getting what you want.

Crota works slightly differently. The first 2 checkpoints follow the same rules. If you do them on hard you will get your normal mode loot as well. The Deathsinger works like a chest, you only get it once so it doesn't matter if you do it on hard or normal. The Crota fight has his own rules. Special and heavy weapons drops on normal mode and primary drops on hard mode.

Hope that made sense.

• Like 2

Hey JT, what the hell man?

I was about to ask you the same thing.  Why the fuck am I not on your Friend's List?  I didn't get any invites from you at all and you weren't around on Saturday when the Coalition hit the IB and had a pretty good run. 

Budy Wisr and I jumped in on Sunday morning and then I took your spot in the Coalition when you bounced for a bit last night.  I had to crash when you came online because I had the 4AM commute thing today.  Just as well because I played like crap for all but two matches last night.

Our Saturday night run was much better than Sunday.  We had 3 Decisive Victories in a row and stole one from another six-member Fireteam.

I hit Rank 4 yesterday and am a quarter bar to Rank 5.  Should get that after some wins and a couple of bounties and then I will get Goldspiral, the EL node, and call it a tourney provided that the lag does not drive me insane..  I bought the new Hunter IB cape and shredded my old one.

New Friend Invite will be incoming when I get to my parent's crib, Mis, so be ready.

The lag is soooo real Bungie.

That being said, saggine bo had a 21-0 right before that, and he hit a 20-0 earlier tonight that had 13 assists i think. We have the same shitty isp.

Bo got a crapton of reports on him due to lag, so Bungie banned his Titan from competing in the Crucible until after the IB.  He switched to his Warlock or Hunter (can't remember) and he got a 15+ Killstreak during the last match we were in before you came online.  I am going to wager that character got reported, too.

Something is really up with your ISP.  Your voice capability went to crap due to NAT issues or so the Destiny roster info said.

Well, ya know, that shit isnt going to happen if you take me off your friends list and wont accept any of the 30 goddamn invited i sent you this morning, but oh well.

As per above, get gud internet so I can actually communicate with you and don't prune me off of your Friend's List while you are purging randoms.

Speaking of gud internet, I will be on bad internet tonight at the 'rents but that Friend Invite will still be incoming.

Yeah, I have no idea what happened.  I never took Mis off my list nor would I since I am trying to kack Skolas and Crota before the Triumph countdown expires and those guys are the only regular raiders I know.

Gonna push for Rank 5 tonight on parent's crappy internet.  Will do the dumb thing and burn EL on my boots but at least I will be 34.

I will send an invite when I get set up at the 'rents tonight, dog.

That must've been Bo's off game in that image.  He was our team Alpha last night.  I sucked in all out of two matches unlike Saturday when I had a pretty good run.

Comcast is dicking me over / internet and cable crapped out in what should have been my final IB match

Went out to run errands and fortunately my wife says everything is back

If I don't get my Warlock to Level 3 - I'm gonna be pissed

Jumped onto the Iron Banner for the first time this week to help a friend finish off some bounties and hit rank 4. Since i already hit 5 (thank you glitch!) at the start of the week i didn't need anything so started planning for the next Iron Banner. I'm now sitting on 4 finished bounties, and just 2 more hand to hand kills for a 5th, and 4 medals ready to cash in next month. Way i see it with one win and two punches that almost puts on me rank 2 with very little work on day 1. I get that i cant double dip the bounties but it will be nice to be a day in advance.

Edit:

Had a thought, for those of you grinding the Banner for Etheric Light. Do the 5 'easier' bounties on your second and third characters during the week. Get your main to rank 3-5, whatever you need, to trigger the 100% increase for lower ranked guardians. On the last day, if my math is correct, those 5 bounties will be worth 3320 in reputation, that's just 3 games away from rank 3. And you will have probably already got those extra points needed from winning a few games doing those bounties. Took me about an hour to do those 5 bounties tonight. Will definitely save you some time.

If you can do the 10 without dying (i seem to fail at around 8-9 every freakin time!) that will bring your bounty total up to 4648 if you hand them all in on the last day.

Sepiks Prime stands between me and a shot at a new pair of shoes this week. There's no burn, both Angry and Epic are on and Lightswitch and Brawler cancel each other out. I foresee no problems.

Also, Taniks as the weekly. Again. I don't think there's been a week gone by since HoW was released when they haven't stuck that as a Nightfall or Weekly. Sort it out Bungie.

Comcast is dicking me over / internet and cable crapped out in what should have been my final IB match

Went out to run errands and fortunately my wife says everything is back

If I don't get my Warlock to Level 3 - I'm gonna be pissed

The Coalition got DDoSed in the last match I was in just as we were about to double the other team's score.  Not sure whether to be pissed or flattered.  The post match report says it was a Victory for our team but I didn't get a Victory medal.  I am still stewing about our only loss of the night to the team of obvious cheaters on the Rusted Lands map.

Our win on Asylum was bonkers.

My Hunter is now 34.  Time to find some folks to help me perish Crota on Hard.

I am up for suffering through the burnless Nightfall tonight if anyone is online and my connection isn't crap.

At this point I don't mind them spamming Taniks as a weekly.  It's super quick and easy and I don't do the strikes because they're fun and enjoyable anymore because I've done them all a million times.  The nightfall is just a necessary evil for me now to try to get those Bones. 

A buddy got on last night and after doing a nightfall with him we hopped into some crucible.  Man the first game we got completely shelled.  It was terrible.  I think as a team we only scored like 6k points.  I ended up with like a .5 k/d and my buddy only had two kills.  Next game was a .94 and after that it was gravy.  3.25, 1.8, and 2.1 to finish the night.  

So read my new Grimoire cards and saw that the Queen of the Reef and her brother have official names now (Mara Sov and Uldren Sov).

I may be wrong, since the story is non existent, but weren't they name dropped in the House of Wolves story missions too?

I'm not too fussed about Taniks again, it was fun the first few times but it's been beaten to death in the few months since HoWs release. It's the new Omnigul. Not that I plan on doing it, haven't done a weekly for over a month. I've got enough strange coins for the boots and probably every exotic in the next expansion too.

A buddy got on last night and after doing a nightfall with him we hopped into some crucible.  Man the first game we got completely shelled.  It was terrible.  I think as a team we only scored like 6k points.  I ended up with like a .5 k/d and my buddy only had two kills.  Next game was a .94 and after that it was gravy.  3.25, 1.8, and 2.1 to finish the night.  

I hate Crucible slumps.  I played like crap in all but two matches on Sunday during the IB but I was fairly solid last night to Rank 5.

And Holy Crap. can Variks sell HoJ gear that does not completely tank my Strength?  I'd like to Blink Strike more frequently than once ever seven hours.

Skolas may have to wait a week.  Mother fucker has Small Arms and Lightswitch as the mods.

I may be wrong, since the story is non existent, but weren't they name dropped in the House of Wolves story missions too?

Checked YouTubes and you are spot on.

I think this might be the first time anyone's ever complained about Variks not having strength gear! Literally all he sold for the first month (6 weeks for warlocks!) was strength stats.

I wouldn't be too scared off by Small Arms and Lightswitch. As long as you keep moving your good. Plus the Small Arms boost takes away the level disadvantage (and then some) you get with fighting 35 levelled enemies.

Angry and Catapult is probably the worst it's had. It basically jumps it up to a mini Nightfall and catapult isn't really any use.

Deej and Cosmo hate the collection of old shit in your vault.  The incentive to buy new purple guns and armor is more stick than carrot.

Older legendary armor and weapons from across Destiny’s first year are NOT set to progress in power as Year Two begins.