DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Storms rolled in last night, washed most of Eastern KY off near where my GF lives.  Power is still out at my crib.  I don't know when I'll get to try any nightfall's or VoG runs.  As of noon, the power company still hadn't found where the circuit was busted up, so they didn't have an ETA on restoration.

God this broken fucking game.

Today's adventure. So one of this week's Queen's Bounties is killing the silent fang at the Grottos. This is new so "Yay!" new grimore card.

Now the bounty says you have to kill all 3.

Problem is that only 1 spawns. So to complete the bounty, you have to go to orbit and then come back.

A few people claim they have found three but the majority of folks (including myself) are only getting one.

Knocked out the nightfalls last night.  Got a shitty auto rifle, 9 strange coins, and a legendary engram that turned into the dead orbit shotgun.  Also did a 34 and 32 PoE.  The 34 this week is extremely fast and easy.  One of the rounds other than the first is just waves of enemies and there's void burn on one also.  The boss is the Brogoth guy which is probably the easiest boss out of all PoE. 

Had a match last night where my team had a Decisive Victory. I mean the other team barely had 6000 points.

So of course - a dude on the other team got G-horn

I hate this fucking game.

On top of that, it seems Xur isn't selling a weapon today for the first time ever. I assume it's some sort of glitch.

Yeah - since there is a spot free it almost seems like the purposely did it

Just had a quick look at some of the planned 'balancing'.

So Black Hammer is essentially useless now? And their problem with the Gjallarhorn was it was required for LFGs to much? And their solution wasn't to have Xur sell it to level the playing field but to weaken it instead so no one needs it?

The Icebreaker thing is the only one that really bothers me. In most cases, I think it'll be alright, but that's way too long for the enclosed chaos that goes down in high-level Prison of Elders. Those extra 3 seconds could be the difference between me bailing out a friend with a well-timed headshot and having to wait another 30 seconds to revive them.

I had been working on a post for about 30 minutes here, sat my phone down for a few seconds to have a conversation and for some reason when i turn my phone back on im a page back in the thread and all that shit is gone...Still no power here, AEP can suck a dick.

Fucking bungie man, i just dont know about them anymore. Theyre back to their old tricks again i see, trying to fix one thing, fucking up everything else.

I wish i understood the logic behind this, it feels like they dont want people to play the game anymore.

Bungie ‏@Bungie  29m29 minutes ago

We've determined we can't safely alter Xur at this time. He'll be back next week with a full inventory, including an Exotic weapon.

Fuck You Bungie

• Like 1

AT LAST. Finally cleared Vault of Glass last night. Technically. I mean, the group started at the Atheon checkpoint, but fuck the world, I'm counting it. The Triumph tracker sure is! I'd still like to clear the whole thing at some point, but this will do for now.

It was kind of amazing, just being with a group of people who could communicate and work out issues instead of getting pissy and dropping out or booting people when the group doesn't clear it in 5 minutes.

Got a Mythoclast out of it, too. I would've preferred a legendary primary with elemental damage, but the Vex will work nicely for solar burn situations that don't immediately call for the heavyhitters.

If you haven't already - you should probably friend request a couple of those guys

As you said - find guys you like gaming with is rare

If you are friends with them - they will send you invites to stuff and what not

• Like 1

Oh, indeed. I hooked up with a couple of those guys again today to polish off Crota's End.

Again, purely the last checkpoint. But, again, I care not!

Picked up Word of Crota from that, which is "eh" I guess, but it gives me one more elemental primary (just need an arc now) and I'm a hand cannon guy, so I'll take it.

Word was the only decent void primary at the time, took me near 15 hard mode kills to get that damn thing. I picked up 8 Fangs while trying!

And a Mythoclast on your first Vault clear too. That's some damn good luck there.

If you can score a Fang on another HM Crota then you're laughing, that's a burn of each flavour for primaries. I'd try for the Vision from Atheon too if you can just so you don't have to use your exotic slot up on a primary Mythoclast. An ascended Vision is probably the best non exotic gun in the game for me as a scout rifle guy. But if you like your hand cannons you're going to want to kill the Templar over and over till the Fatebringer drops for you.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm on the PS4.

Vision was the gun I wanted, so I was actually a tad disappointed when the Vex popped up, if you can believe it. I was a scout rifle guy before I go the feel for hand cannons, so I can definitely handle it.