DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Bullshit lag in the Crucible last night was bullshit. 

13 was the magic number since I could not manage more than 13 kills in any match, even though I still ended up on the winning team.  No losses at all last night.

Rippa and I were in two matches straight where our unit earned Strength Of The Wolf medals and the team I was on earned a third Strength of the Wolf medal in a win in a Control match in the Cauldron that I was in right before jetting to watch RoH on DA and UnSung on BET..

Also got a Nail In The Coffin medal in the third match.  Crouched near the HW spawn after Shaxx called for the drop and waited for someone to shoot.  Six slugs later and it was all over.

Mostly good stuff but ran into a lot of indestructible assholes riding lag and scoring cheap kills.  Pissed that my overall K/D dropped slightly to 1.4.

And oh, the hi jinks while trying to get the Weekly done.  Had a sitter during my first attempt who refused to fight anything during the mesh hack so I bailed on the group.  Second team I was in was on point. Solar Burn = Sepkis Prime dead in five Gally rockets.  Nine more Strange Coins for the pile.

I only played one crucible match to test out my new shotgun and I encountered some lagging dipshits also.  Didn't stop me from going on a machine gun spree with Corrective Measure.  I love when heavy drops.  I kept going to where they were and Nova Bombing whoever was there and then grabbing the heavy and going Rambo.  Ended with a 2.3 k/d.  I liked the Judgment VI.  Much faster rate of fire than Felweinter's and once I level it up it will be a OHK from a good distance. 

I got enough crucible marks on my Warlock to get my new boots.

Did a rumble match on Thieves Guild so I got that grimore card

Got a rocket launcher I had never gotten before

And murdered a lot of dudes (which of course meant JT was playing like shit)

And murdered a lot of dudes (which of course meant JT was playing like shit)

I did not die as much as I thought I did, but I didn't get in the murders I thought I would.  I got exactly 13 kills in each match.

I got that in my sleep in the Crucible matches I was in over the weekend.

Also lag.  You saw it yourself.

XBGcuEk.gif

This should probably go in a Halo thread, but oh well, it's pretty awesome, "vintage Bungie!"

Was this from the MCC version on Xbox One?

If so, that's kind of cool that they styled the health and what not like the original version of the game.

Good. I am outta here in about fifteen minutes.  Gonna Vanguard, grab dinner, and then hopefully connection at 'rents won't go totally apeshit.

I am going to pick out a router for them by the end of the week.

Did a 32 on my Warlock. Seems you can 2 man Quodron now they've increased the damage to the jails. Even without the jail break Goblin you can still blow through it if you've got a decent shotgun and enough health. Didn't waste my time with pointless strength cabal boots so i rolled the dice and got a nice half intellect half strength helm with Fallen perks. I now have a complete set of anti-Fallen armor for my Warlock. The gloves are the only thing i'd like to change, they are still all strength. If i can get some all intellect Fallen perk gloves i'll have a perfect Skolas killing machine. Its not too much of an issue, the increased recovery and super perk is like having full intellect anyway.

Started a normal mode Crota to try and get the cape for my Hunter. Got better gloves and boots from the first 2 checkpoints and sod all from the Deathsinger. Tried Crota twice, first time he just decided he was going to ignore the completely invisible Hunter and kill it, second time getting bombarded with a bunch of Gjallarhorns apparently no longer take his shields down. Didn't bother trying a 3rd. How is it still broken after being out for 7 months?

So with the price drop at Gamestop I think I will finally pick this up (I've actually been playing occasionally via rental). The DLC is also on sale on the PSN at the moment, and I was wondering if I should pick up both or maybe just House of Wolves. Suggestions?

I am really trying my hardest to not but Eternal Warrior

There is no reason for me to own it but... oooh... shiny...

That helmet with a dude's face etched into it is going to look damned silly on your Female Titan.  I told you that you shoulda made a Male for your main.

Damn your jinx.  My overall K/D dropped to 1.38 last night .

The Dude Looks Like A Lady jokes will write themselves.  Stick with the Exotic Gaunts.  Those look badass with the rest of your gear.

Sunsingers got some love from Xur.  Everyone will own a pair of Purifier Robes by the end of tomorrow.

HOW MANY TIMES IS HE GOING TO SELL THE DAMNED CREST OF ALPHA LUPI FOR THE HUNTER ITEM~?

The Titan helmet has pretty crappy perks.  I haven't brought myself to bother upgrading mine yet because I'll never use it.  But it does look damn cool.  When the DLC dropped, everybody was all about some Purifier Robes but now that people have had them for a while they realized that they're not all that useful. 

Yeah - I don't think I would ever actually use it. I just think I want to own it.

I got a Helm of Saint 14 with better stats from the one I own this morning from a engram I bought from Xur - so I was pleased by that.

All I need him to sell are the new Hunter boots and I've finished off my collection. Took me about 15 engrams to get the robes a few weeks back, don't think I've even levelled them up.

I thought that Titan helm looked awesome when I got it the first week. Till I put it on. Because it's an exotic it's not changed by your shader and looks ridiculous with 90% of the colour schemes. A superficial reason not to use it I know.

So with the price drop at Gamestop I think I will finally pick this up (I've actually been playing occasionally via rental). The DLC is also on sale on the PSN at the moment, and I was wondering if I should pick up both or maybe just House of Wolves. Suggestions?

Depends what you want to get out of it. If you're in it for the long run I'd say it's worth picking up the Legendary Edition. It gives you the base game, the 2 DLC packs already out and the next one that's due in September. I'm not sure how much the base game and first 2 DLCs cost where you are but in the UK the LE is cheaper than buying the new DLC by it's self.

You do tend to need both DLCs if you want the most out of it. A lot of the daily missions are from one or the other expansions and most of the time some of the weekly stuff is as well.

That being said, there's a decent amount of content in the original game and first 2 expansions. You just might find yourself left behind in September.

All I need him to sell are the new Hunter boots and I've finished off my collection.

Everyone raves about the Bones of Eao.  Having a base jump of Triple Jump instead of Double Jump is pretty sick.

Too bad that you can't wear two exotics.  I'd love to be a Gunslinger sporting Bones of Eao and Young Ahamkara's Spine.

Yeah - I don't think I would ever actually use it. I just think I want to own it.

I got a Helm of Saint 14 with better stats from the one I own this morning from a engram I bought from Xur - so I was pleased by that.

Oh yeah, if you don't have it and you have the coins to spend, get that thing for sure.  One thing I've learned in Destiny is even stuff that looks absolutely horrible ends up at some point having a specific use that makes it valuable in some scenario.  I remember skipping out on the Insurmountable Skullfort because I thought it looked shitty and I'd never use it and then Crota hard mode came out and it was the only Titan helmet that replenished health from picking up orbs at the time unless you rolled that perk on a Crota helmet which the ones I had didn't have the orb perk.